Livelean

Panicking that I might have bowel c****r

TMI - this morning I went to use the washroom and I found red around my stool. It was more of a light red not so much bright red and now I'm panicking. I did have diced tomatoes in a can that I put in my sauce but wouldn't I have digested that? It wasn't diaherra it was just normal stool with red pulp look like around the stool. Now I'm panicking that I have bowel c****r. 

I sometimes also get this sharp spasm pain in the rectum or bowel region so I'm freaking out. Never seen this before. I have seen the red leaking in the stool before cause I eat beets but not this. 

I told my dr about the spasms and he had a X-ray done on the bowel region and just showed contispation. 

Ahhhh can't shake this fear now, super worried. 

Also I just started taking aniti anxiety meds could this cause blood? If it's blood? 

The body cannot digest tomato skins. Bowel c****r stools are  all red not just specs. If it was c****r the bleeding gets worse, and the pain you are having is probably from fissues. Fissues are like small cuts near the anus that comes from things like constipation.They are nornal. You are fine.

They were not tomato skins it looked like flesh or could that be blood mucous? Ahhh so worried. 

I didn't have any pain while passing a stool so don't think it's a fissure. The pulp or mucous like blood was around the stool. I can't determine if it was blood or not cause it was not bright but more lighter. 

6 minutes ago, Livelean said:

They were not tomato skins it looked like flesh or could that be blood mucous? Ahhh so worried. 

I didn't have any pain while passing a stool so don't think it's a fissure. The pulp or mucous like blood was around the stool. I can't determine if it was blood or not cause it was not bright but more lighter. 

tomato skins don't have to look exactly like skins to be them. You said you have spasms, which can be caused by fissues and not c****r. Blood is bright red and usually increases over time if it was serious.

1 hour ago, Livelean said:

Yah but diced tomatos in a can don't have the skins. This was pulp looking. 

Ya and that is probably from the tomato. Skin or not it can cause stool to look funny.

Yah I shouldn't have been scoping around. I'm just panicked over every little thing and the fact that I think something is wrong with me this just makes me believe it more. Seeing what looks like blood in my stool? It just didn't look like the skins as I've see the skins before when I ate tomatos. This was more pulp like. 

I went again few hours later and it was less of it but still a bit. 

Sometimes those canned tomatoes can have a little skin in you don't notice. It's possible starting the medication has slowed down digestion a little, as that can happen too. Some it affects the gut pretty bad and can make you go more. I think it sounds like some undigested tomato, or a very minor bleeding from constipation. If it was C it would be something you cannot mistake, trust me ;) 

I had my colon/rectum and anus removed 20 years ago this year. If it something serious you would not be questioning if it was, because it is unmistakable. 

Ok thanks you guys. I'm hoping this is not the start of a new symptom and something that will pass by quickly. I'm so hyper sensitive with everything and the fact that I have had those bowel or rectum spasms that come and go for 2 years now freaked me out when I saw what looks like blood in my stool. 

Also the fact that I been having this burning sensation on my right side under th ribs for past 3 weeks. Doctor didn't seem concerned and just wants me to get a blood test for piece of mind. But he felt everything in my abdomen and said he felt fine. 

I won't be eating any tomatoes for a while cause I think I'll just freak out if I keep seeing it. 

Ok now I'm thinking it could be an ulcer? I googled bloody poop ( I know I shouldn't have) but I can't help it and I came across possibly ulcer? I have the burning sensation come and going in right side next to ribs. It's been 3 weeks on and off and has gone since seeing th doctor for 3 days and is back again last night and then this morning the (maybe) blood in the stool? 

Does this sound like an ulcer? 

I don't eat fatty foods and I do take good care of myself. Occasionally will eat chocolate or chips and have some wine but I heard ulcers can be cause by intense stress? I'm 31 so this is a possibility to get. 

6 minutes ago, Livelean said:

Ok now I'm thinking it could be an ulcer? I googled bloody poop ( I know I shouldn't have) but I can't help it and I came across possibly ulcer? I have the burning sensation come and going in right side next to ribs. It's been 3 weeks on and off and has gone since seeing th doctor for 3 days and is back again last night and then this morning the (maybe) blood in the stool? 

Does this sound like an ulcer? 

I don't eat fatty foods and I do take good care of myself. Occasionally will eat chocolate or chips and have some wine but I heard ulcers can be cause by intense stress? I'm 31 so this is a possibility to get. 

No. Gastric ulcers. the blood would be black and tarry because it has to travel through the intestine and it 'ages' and clots. Stop googling!!! :p 

I was convinced I had bowel C for about 4 months...........trust me my fear for this was immense.........I also had what you mention and it was indeed anything tomato based that I had. I had a colonoscopy in October last year with 9 biopsies and all was normal.......tomato's can cause what you mention (I had it) 

8 hours ago, Livelean said:

Uhgg, yah I don't know then 

I'm just such a huge worry wart. Don't know what to do! ?

So am I...........see my post of last week.....its never ending! 

Blood in the stool is pretty unmistakable.  I've had experience with bright red blood that coated the stool and dripped into the toilet.  These were caused by an anal fissure and hemorrhoids.  You mentioned constipation, which is largely responsible  for hemorrhoids and fissures.  However, from what you described I believe, like others, your just seeing undigested tomatoes.  Did the pinkish color resolve itself after a day or so?  I know I eat tomato sauce with pasta, even if the sauce contains no skin, I still see red in the toilet the next day.  Sounds like your just fine!  Of course if it has persisted, even after you stopped eating red colored foods, then it should be looked at in case you have hemorrhoids or a fissure.

• Like 1

Yah you guys are probably right. It's just cause I been getting this burning pain on my right side under the ribs as well and then to see red in the toilet I immediately came to the conclusion that I had some very serious illness. I m wondering if it's my liver or kidneys failing now cause I wake up with lower back pain too. Uggh I'm such a mess. 

I suffer with massive HA and currently undergoing therapy and medication for it....if you liver or kidneys were failing YOU WOULD KNOW ABOUT IT....

Pee in your blood, immense lower back pain, yellow eyes for liver,...........no seriously.....have you been diagnosed with IBS before? Anxiety plays with our digestive system (TRUST ME) - through all my anxiety I caused IBS on myself (this I am convinced of)

I have never been diagnosed with IbS before. I don't really have too much of a stomache issue before until just recently. 

I get mucous in my stool occasionally. More contistipated then anything. Diaherra only once in a while but not that often. 

I did go to the washroom again and there was a little bit of pinkish reddish tinge but not much. Wouldn't it have resolved by now if it was tomatos? I went yesterday too so it should have all gone now? 

Its not in the stool either it's more in the outside of the stool like it would just kind of fall off. There was a little bit of some white mucous too. Yikes haha TMI 

If it were blood, it would dissolve in the water!  I've had blood from rhoids and a small fissure but I never had blood from Stage IIIB colon cancer, even on the blot tests doctors do.  MOST colon cancer doesn't show blood in the toilet.  

I have bits of tomato in my poo and red bits if I have an apple, a red pepper, etc.  If I eat Red Velvet Cake, I get maroon poo.  You can get black, pepper looking dots in your poo from eating bananas! Next time you eat a banana, look at the center of it when you take a bite. Those black things are fiber and don't digest. Many veggies and most peels don't digest.  If you don't chew them to smithereens, they're going to show in your toilet bowl. 

Nothing you mentioned sounds like cancer.  The pain under your ribs could be trapped gas or gall stones. Your liver isn't failing. The liver has no pain sensors. People only have 'liver pain' if fluid builds up in the sac that surrounds the liver and pushes on other organs with nerves.  By then they have LOADS of symptoms that cannot be mistaken.  

The best thing I could suggest for someone who has this type fear with no symptoms is flush before you stand.