Stephanie

What happened to Anxiety Zone?

12 minutes ago, Shea1012 said:

Hello first post. I had the same Shea1012 name over there. i found a lot of help from several people. Good news is I haven't looked for the site in months so been doing well. health anxiety started it for me, now more generalized

Welcome aboard. I started at AZ as well, hypochondriac stuff. I was there for around three years. Same thing happened to me, I didn't need AZ for a bit and then I went back to check in and it had disappeared. This place has become a cozy little spot to vent about hypochondria.

Hi, I just signed up a minute ago. I used to post on Anxiety Zone and found this site via a Google search of "What happened to Anxiety Zone?"

Just out of curiosity, I wonder what happened to a site called Journey Towards Freedom. It was a depression/anxiety site that I frequented back in 2006 and 2007. It had a lot of traffic but it just up and disappeared one day as well.

On 2/2/2017 at 10:20 AM, AirNomad said:

Wow, that is so weird to see that AZ is gone... My anxiety/hypochondria has been very under control the past 8 months or so, but once in a while I would still go there for some support when needed.  I had no idea all the banning and stuff was going on.  I found most of the members helpful, especially a certain few, though there were some that were very less than helpful.  I am glad there is another resource when we need it - I just joined this forum.  My screen name at AZ was AirNomad.  I remember seeing Greend, Bobnat, and  CEH1354  over there, all of whom were always very helpful :)

Hi Air! It's CEH1354. I'm so glad I was able to help you. I haven't been on here in a while, my cake business has been super busy. I hope everyone is doing well and can find help and comfort here at AC!! :wub:

First post here. Id used AZ off and on a few years ago, and tried to pull it up a few weeks ag o and saw that it was gone. There were some friendly people there-and the chat room was my go-to when I would have anxiety attacks... 

Hoping this site will be as much help, as my anxiety is worsening lately 

• Like 1

Wow Gilly,

Didn't know that....I too was a member of AZ chat.....made some good friends too that i have never heard from again....I did find some others who joined with me on other chats I've found.

Thanks for stepping to the plate and forming this chat. I do hope that your scars will heal and the pains will subside.

Intro...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Introvrtd1 said:

Wow Gilly,

Didn't know that....I too was a member of AZ chat.....made some good friends too that i have never heard from again....I did find some others who joined with me on other chats I've found.

Thanks for stepping to the plate and forming this chat. I do hope that your scars will heal and the pains will subside.

Intro...

It was a crazy time intro! I remember chatting and seeing you about on AZ. GG banned any talk of anyone who was banned, my name for some reason was censored, as was Teeps. I literally did nothing wrong at all but was just cut off along with others. I went to bed a member, woke up banned and Teeps had created a new site and put it in my name. I never wanted, or intended to leave AZ. I think it's ridiculous to be honest, how he didn't allow use of other sites or talk of them. Like the internet isn't HUGE. It became evident what was going on when about 30 members were banned annually, and they would trickle in and explain what happened, all too familiar. 

He was controlling the flow of membership for cost purposes. Not the worst thing in the world, just when your members suffer anxiety and can rely on it, it seems a bit sucky.

• Like 2

Crazy is right lol.I remember the management actively monitoring then filtering/deleting private messages. Seriously wouldn't have believed it if I wouldn't have seen it for myself. Had to find different ways to communicate. Messeddddd up.

• Like 3

You should be able to get on chat OK. It is asked that you do ameaningful post before you go there, but it seems you have. I will check it and come back.

See what you mean. :fp:. It tells me I have been disconnected from Babble, whatever that is. Perhaps Gilly, the Administrator will pick it up or one of the mods. Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, jonathan123 said:

See what you mean. :fp:. It tells me I have been disconnected from Babble, whatever that is. Perhaps Gilly, the Administrator will pick it up or one of the mods. Sorry about that.

I had another user complain that the chat wasn't working. :( I've never used it but I think it was a big help to others

• Like 1

Hi everyone, my name is Jody, was with AZ about 8 years ago for about 3 years. Meet a lot of good people there that helped me a lot. In turn I was happy to help a few also with things I also went through. I cant remember the moderators full screen name but it was something and then 43, I think. Always bumping heads, and for what, I don't know. Just glad to see this site. Hope to become friends with ya'll. Have a wonderfull day

Hi Jody,

I too found this place when searching for the Anxiety Zone. I think many of us found it the same way. Sorry you have anxiety but welcome.

2 hours ago, PennyPanic said:

Hi Jody,

I too found this place when searching for the Anxiety Zone. I think many of us found it the same way. Sorry you have anxiety but welcome.

Thank you Penny, hope to chat with you sometime, take care