leopard89

just had a copy of my phsyciatrist notes...

So this is a bit weird...

its like my brain on paper!!

turns out iv been diagnosed with schizotypal personality dissorer...

wtf is this shit... Does anyone else suffer??

xxx

Hi leopard89. Eh!!!?  One thing psychiatrists are good at, well two really. Long words and the prescription pad. They blind you with science then write a prescription to get rid of it!! We poor old counsellor/therapists have to rely on our knowledge and skills and the ability to communicate.

It must be real treat to get to the point where you can't do a lot for the person then just come out with an incomprehensible word, reach over, pick up the prescription pad and write out a medication. All done and dusted! 'Come back in a month's time'.  I went to one for three sessions. It was the unqualified, no charge people that helped me more than all the rest, because they had been there. But that is another story. Go if you must go don't  get alarmed by long words. Winston Churchill, that master of the English language, was not allowed to call someone a liar in Parliament so he said "You are guilty of an exterminological inexactitude". In other words, a lie! Sounds good, but it can all be reduced to three letters. You have Anxiety. I would leave it at that if I were you.  Keep posting.     Jon. 

Couldn't agree more with Jon, these labels are just not helpful.  You're now going to ramp up your anxiety even further by reading over their 'report'.  How could you not.  How they come to these 'diagnosis' is beyond me.  

I dno... It kinda makes sense to me! Expeshally the part of the condition where you obsesse about magical and supernatural worlds! I feel like I can sence presence good and bad before I went to the shop yesterday a ball of white light flew between me and the cat very close to me she watched it to when iblookd back i felt like it was a supernatural presence warning me how bad my panic attack was going to be! I am at the lowest point i have ever been i can hardly go out o struggle going to my post box and washing line im out of ideas! Its also like i live in a dream id rather imagine social events than go... My paranoya is also on another level...

sorry I can't spell haha!

xxx

I just don't understand the label given.  It's not going to help you knowing this information.  Your mind is tired and sensitized from all the fear you feel constantly.  Of course you are going to sense irrational thinks and obsess over other things, how could you not when your brain is depleted.  Like Jon said, its just a big long word they use to pass you off without treating the root causes.  As for the supernatural, that's a whole different story.