Gilly

Dr Google - Don't do it!

I'm guilty, too.  I guess because 90% of the time, I find reassurance or something that eases my mind.  But, then there is that other 10% that sends me off into a frenzy and then my anxiety takes off. 

I wish I could block the sites, too.  I know it's not good to sit for hours searching for information. :(

I Googled last night for the first time in many months and fell to pieces!  Here it was, midnight, and I'd suddenly developed a horrible type of skin cancer.........  and Google giggled as I shook and was sick with fear!  

Dr. Google is my enemy!  

I'm very guilty of this.  I normally don't Google and I did it tonight and I have no idea WHY I did it when it's not my norm.  Of course it only made my anxiety worse and thus I posted a question on here a few hours ago pertaining to my stomach issues.  I'm usually the one telling everyone not to google and I just crossed over into that world tonight.  

8 hours ago, Ihadcancer said:

I Googled last night for the first time in many months and fell to pieces!  Here it was, midnight, and I'd suddenly developed a horrible type of skin cancer.........  and Google giggled as I shook and was sick with fear!  

Dr. Google is my enemy!  

Yes!  This was me a couple hrs ago.  Google told me I have stomach cancer.  Lucky us.

My derms PA said 'Google always thinks Zebras'. 

If you hear hoof beats in the distance, think horses not Zebras' 

Disclaimer:  Doesn't work for Australia, etc. 

omg this is absolutely genius, those memes in the beginning.   I had to look up something real basic & non threatening a few months ago, can't even remember what it was, & it had me six feet under and I just had to laugh at it

• Like 1

Hi, I’m new to this and a self diagnosed hypochondriac! I’m freaking out this evening as I have a bad earache and headache and I’m tired and now thanks to google all I think is I have meningitis! What should I do