Sign in to follow this  
ZELDA

How do you know you are going crazy

Hello everyone? Has anyone been scared of losing their minds. I suffer from gad, hypochondria, ocd and panic attacks and sometimes im scared ill slowly go crazy. =(

Hi ZELDA. Never heard of anyone going crazy or losing it in anxiety, and I have considerable experience. You may think you are but thinking is not knowing. I always feel that anxiety should not be categorised as a 'mental' illness, although it is in the mind. Unlike many serious mental illnesses it is curable given the right treatment and a willingness to get well. Anxiety can become a habit like everything else. I did think at first I was going crazy, but my dear old counsellor soon put that right. In anxiety we are like a mouse in a maze. Looking for a way out but not always finding it. This leads to frustration. Take it easy. YOU ARE NOT GOING CRAZY. OK? Got it?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jonathan123 said:

Hi ZELDA. Never heard of anyone going crazy or losing it in anxiety, and I have considerable experience. You may think you are but thinking is not knowing. I always feel that anxiety should not be categorised as a 'mental' illness, although it is in the mind. Unlike many serious mental illnesses it is curable given the right treatment and a willingness to get well. Anxiety can become a habit like everything else. I did think at first I was going crazy, but my dear old counsellor soon put that right. In anxiety we are like a mouse in a maze. Looking for a way out but not always finding it. This leads to frustration. Take it easy. YOU ARE NOT GOING CRAZY. OK? Got it?

Thank you very much. ^_^

My psychiatrist once told me that i think too much and thats why i worry too much and i believe it but its like my mind has a mind of its own . 

• Like 1