Sign in to follow this  
Nutmegbella

Air embolism

Hey guys I’m a freaken wreck since Saturday’s ER visit. 

I just remembered right now that when I was hooked up to the IV they gave me two injections into the IV drip and when the nurse squeezed the injection in I heard bubbling in my head and felt it at the back of my neck. Odd sensation. I didn’t get to ask and I soon forgot about it with all the commotion going on. And well I had down time right now and i thought about that night and that rushed to me that i didn’t get to ask the nurse or the doctor. And well part of me thought it would be stupid of me to ask. And well now I’m here scared beyond, because I’m thinking I can drop dead at any moment with an air emboli. 

Ive told a few people and all they say is: you’re here aren’t you? Nothing to worry about.

the thing is I went through this fear when they told me I had a high chance of this happening when I gave birth to my son. I had bleeding from an unknown area And they told me that’s on of the possibilities. And they said it had been known that these things can kill you two weeks after the incident. I’m freaking out.  Should I call the ER and ask? Or should I call a nurse hotline? Just let it go?

If it was an embolism you would not be posting on here, no way. The blood circulates pretty fast and anything untoward would have shown by now. It's all about Mr. Anxiety's smoke and mirrors. Bluff and counter bluff. Every little twinge or thought is so exaggerated in HA. Let it go. But if it continues to bug you then get some reassurance. They are used to people being worried in this way.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jonathan123 said:

If it was an embolism you would not be posting on here, no way. The blood circulates pretty fast and anything untoward would have shown by now. It's all about Mr. Anxiety's smoke and mirrors. Bluff and counter bluff. Every little twinge or thought is so exaggerated in HA. Let it go. But if it continues to bug you then get some reassurance. They are used to people being worried in this way.

I am not finding comfort. Anxiety is really high up. The people I have spoken to tell me the same. Regular people laughing at it saying that’s something that they’d like to feel. :( 

I have immense pain from my flank, that I don’t know if it’s what’s causing my shortness of breathing sensation. I think back to the air emboli causing it, or diabetes related (sugar was high). Or it’s just something else. I’m tired of freaking out about everything. And so are the people around. I’ve gotten out of hand since Saturday’s trip to the ER. Today i felt anger: all because of people rolling their eyes and saying I’m overthinking it. I can’t help it.

sadness: because I feel like I have no support. It’s all brushed off I wish I had the opportunity to just say everything out loud. I hold back here. Because I know my things are too much and all over the place that it doesn’t make sense. 

Envy: of all those who just see my thing as a sprained muscle, diabetes thing that if I just control what I eat I should be fine. To me diabetes has been a major fear of mine. I know some of you might remember some of my previous posts about ketoacidosis.