I can't tell if my dizziness has gotten better or if I'm just not noticing it as much. It's still there, especially when I stand up or walk. It's there when I'm sitting as well but not as badly. I'm so terrified of a brain tumor. It all started last Wednesday and ever since it's been here. I went walking around on Sunday and barley noticed it except when we were stopped. At first I thought it was my allergies but I'm really good about taking my Claritin daily and then today I also started Flonase to see if it could help with my ears. Still dizzy.......I don't know what else to do. 

I can walk, I can talk (though I keep stumbling over my words), and I can work but it seems like I'm two steps behind. Like my brain won't work on top of all the dizziness and lightheadedness. Ugh.....thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, Daisymae said:

Could your medication be making you dizzy

I'm not taking any medication :( I almost wish I was so that I knew it was that hahaha  

and even Claritin, though not really medication, I have been taking it daily for years. 

8 hours ago, BejeweledMexican said:

I also forgot to mention that my neck has been hurting really bad. Not sure if that's related but......???? 

Neck pain is likely tension, which can cause / exacerbate dizziness.

I'm honestly not so much worried about the neck pain as I am about the lightheadedness and dizziness. I've exhausted almost all my options, at least that I can think of. Holls has been a big help and encouraged me that it may not be a brain tumor but an inner ear thing...but it's hard to say for sure. I mean, it's lasted for a week now. 

I had a really bad cold/sinus infection like 3 weeks ago.....do you think this is from that? I mean it went away on its own and I haven't had any problems with that since this started. 

39 minutes ago, BejeweledMexican said:

I had a really bad cold/sinus infection like 3 weeks ago.....do you think this is from that? I mean it went away on its own and I haven't had any problems with that since this started. 

Could be. Symptoms of those things can persist for several weeks, even a couple months, long after the more telling symptoms have disappeared. Neck tension also contributes to dizziness though.

24 minutes ago, bin_tenn said:

Could be. Symptoms of those things can persist for several weeks, even a couple months, long after the more telling symptoms have disappeared. Neck tension also contributes to dizziness though.

My co-worker told me that sinus infections will kill you unless you take an antibiotic.....which I didn't. Are they just misinformed? I refuse to look it up online. 

1 hour ago, BejeweledMexican said:

My co-worker told me that sinus infections will kill you unless you take an antibiotic.....which I didn't. Are they just misinformed? I refuse to look it up online. 

Fear mongering. A sinus infection, as with any infection, has the potential to spread to the blood stream. That's why you should really never wait out an infection. But people wait out sinus infections all the time, and yet you rarely ever hear of complications. I personally like to play it safe and get antibiotics, but I also don't worry if for some reason I'm not able to.

2 hours ago, BejeweledMexican said:

Hi again 🥰 just got done at the caverns and the safari. 

This is the second time you mentioned this co-worker that has said some out there medical claims. If it were me (and I have done this before to someone) tell them while you appreciate them trying to help, you have anxiety and that you can't hear things like that. 

I also thought mine was from a cold I had from the previous week before my dizzyness but my Dr didn't say yes or no while I mentioned it. Honestly she sat there smiling the entire time I was explaining my dizzyness and she said.. oh you mean vertigo, it's common and no need to worry.. she was so reassuring everything was fine and she was right. You will be fine. Give it some time. It will get better. 

1 hour ago, Holls said:

Hi again 🥰 just got done at the caverns and the safari. 

This is the second time you mentioned this co-worker that has said some out there medical claims. If it were me (and I have done this before to someone) tell them while you appreciate them trying to help, you have anxiety and that you can't hear things like that. 

I also thought mine was from a cold I had from the previous week before my dizzyness but my Dr didn't say yes or no while I mentioned it. Honestly she sat there smiling the entire time I was explaining my dizzyness and she said.. oh you mean vertigo, it's common and no need to worry.. she was so reassuring everything was fine and she was right. You will be fine. Give it some time. It will get better. 

Thank you guys ❤️ Dizziness went away for a few hours and it was wonderful! It’s coming back but I feel like since it went away for a while it probably isn’t my worst fears like tumor or death. You guys are the best. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BejeweledMexican said:

Thank you guys ❤️ Dizziness went away for a few hours and it was wonderful! It’s coming back but I feel like since it went away for a while it probably isn’t my worst fears like tumor or death. You guys are the best. 

So are you! You give wonderful advice on the forum. Hugs. 

According to my ENT physician, the majority of cases of dizziness are caused by inner ear issues. My internal medicine physician told me that in most cases the first symptom of a brain tumor are seizures.