Alright so I am still anxious about the same issue. I have had a lot of weird shooting pain feelings in my throat and also have been to the doctor a couple times for  throat worries. My doctor said at first it was cobblestone which makes sense because I have constant post nasal drip as well as Gerd. Also my tonsils are swollen I am only 19 and can't shake the fear of throat cancer. I will attached a picture of my throat later when I can I'm going back to the doc next week. If it were you would you be freaking out or am I overreacting. I have a bump looking thing on my tonsillar pillar. Can post nasal drip affect that part of your throat? 

You’re more likely to win the lottery, and get struck by lightning on the same day than have throat cancer at your age. TC doesn’t just appear. It’s causes build up over decades. Trust me and your doctor.

• Like 1

The tonsils are made of tissue similar to that of lymph nodes, and so they are very sensitive. The throat and esophagus are also very sensitive. I have GERD and frequent post nasal drip, and my throat always looks irritated as well. On top of that, I've had a couple of small bumps on my uvula for a couple years or so - at least that's when I first noticed them.

I agree with @Bobnnat. Solid advice.

• Like 1

Same. My larynologist said I had "white bumps" on my vocal chords from acid reflux damage and that my throat was raw and there were ulcers on my vocal chords.

Changed my diet. Stopped over eating. Tried to lower my anxiety and took additional acid reducers. It's gotten better. The body is incredible in its ability to heal itself. 

Post nasal drip sucks. I wake most mornings, coughing whatever drained down my sinuses into my lungs...back out. I was scared of course until I found it was fairly common for most people.

I had my tonsils removed at 5 (when that was an actual thing, they did. I guess they don't regularly do it anymore).

Best day of my life as a kid, lol,  laying in a hospital bed, watching cartoons and Charlie Brown on TV and eating ice cream like a king all day long! Got the week off of school too!

My ENT physician told me that the majority of throat cancers are caused by long term tobacco use and exposure to the HPV virus, which is now being vaccinated against.

1 - you do not have throat cancer

2- my dad had throat cancer. he was a pipe and cigars smoker, but he had it when he turned 73. I won't tell you how painful was his journey, but let me tell you as more users here told you

go out and buy a lottery ticket right now, you have way more chances to win the lottery than to have cancer at your age (ESPECIALLY THROAT CANCER, WHO'S TYPICAL IN OLDER SMOKERS)

On 5/30/2019 at 5:34 AM, Morris_The_Cat said:

Best day of my life as a kid, lol,  laying in a hospital bed, watching cartoons and Charlie Brown on TV and eating ice cream like a king all day long! Got the week off of school too!

That takes me back!  Had mine out when I was in second grade.  The pain/throat irritation went away in a few days, I no longer woke up every morning gagging on and spitting up mucus, I got to live on pancakes and Jell-O for a week...life was sweet!