Sign in to follow this  
Daisymae

Why do I always feel so sick at work

Last night at work my stomach was hurting and my back was hurting and I felt like I was dying. This morning at home I felt normal. When I go back to work tonight it will start all over again in a cycle. Anyone else have this problem

I find this very relatable.  I have agoraphobia and being stuck in a place I can't "escape" increases my anxiety tenfold.  It helps if I have something else to focus on.  (Okay, I MAY have snuck in a Gameboy a few times to play under my desk.  Look, if there's nothing for me to do, I'm not going to make myself crazy!  The Animal Crossing home design game was great for that because you can put it down and pick it up at any time without worrying about being caught in the middle of something.)

• Like 1

I can totally relate to this too, except this happened for me at school. Whenever I had to go to school for these last couple of months, my physical symptoms that came with this anxiety increased. I felt more dizzy, I felt more nauseous, I felt more of just every symptom that I had. So this isn’t just something you’ve experienced.

• Like 1

I often feel sick (like I’m sure im going to die) while I’m at work. I think for me it’s like what mollyfin said above- I feel trapped- and that makes me panic, which makes my crazy anxiety symptoms go nuts, then I think im for sure going to have a stroke or a seizure or something, and it’s just a completely vicious cycle. I’m sorry you’re feeling that way, but you’re definitely not alone! 

• Like 1

I often feel sick at work - mine is focused more on lower right back and side/sometimes stomach pain....it seems at work especially when I'm not very busy -- I tend to over focus on it...when I leave and am at home or doing other things...I rarely notice anything.

On 5/24/2019 at 2:27 PM, Daisymae said:

Last night at work my stomach was hurting and my back was hurting and I felt like I was dying. This morning at home I felt normal. When I go back to work tonight it will start all over again in a cycle. Anyone else have this problem

I have this exact same problem. Sometimes I think I'm getting so sick and I need to go home and sleep and take a hot shower and then once I'm home I'm fine. I feel more relaxed. I'm in my comfort zone, even though I feel comfortable at work it's not the same. My back is always hurting at work...but it's probably posture problems. YOU ARE NOT ALONE 💕

• Like 1