Ekr4eva

A new headache

I have had many a headaches in my 40 years. Migraine, tension, you name it.

But last night I had a new headache I had never had before and it scared the life out of me. It started in the entire back of my head, then concentrated ear level along the back. My neck was NOT included. I was so close to going to the ER, until my husband calmed me down. I’m still feeling very rattled today and now sure how to proceed. Should I call my doctor, should I call my neurologist, should I calm down and let it be?? 

Please help!!!

I would give it 2 weeks to a month. See if the pain returns during that period, in that exact manner.

You could even make an appointment now for a month from now and cancel it 2 or 3 days before the visit (whichever length of time they don't charge you for canceling).

Record dates and time that specific feeling occurred during that period. If it doesn't come back? I wouldn't bother with the doctor. 

My wife has had headaches her whole life. More recently since becoming susceptible to allergies here in the US she never interacted with back in China.

Could be a hundred things that culminate into a headache. 

Try not to assume the worst.

Let me add a "100 different non important things". Like maybe a stressed muscle spasm that's radiating that nerve pain throughout your head. Usually I have a specific muscle on the left side of my spine where it connects to my head. Whenever I looked down too much during the day at my work phone, that thing radiates pain throughout my entire skull. So once again just don't assume the very worst. Like we tend to do as health anxiety sufferers

38 minutes ago, Morris_The_Cat said:

Let me add a "100 different non important things". Like maybe a stressed muscle spasm that's radiating that nerve pain throughout your head. Usually I have a specific muscle on the left side of my spine where it connects to my head. Whenever I looked down too much during the day at my work phone, that thing radiates pain throughout my entire skull. So once again just don't assume the very worst. Like we tend to do as health anxiety sufferers

I love your posts. They are all very calming and reassuring..I like how you practice acceptance. It's inspiring. I've been doing better but have had a little set back. Going back to therapy this week.. hugs. Even though I didn't make this post, your reply sums up many worries 

• Thanks 1