Alex

Does anyone get crampy feeling in calves when resting?

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! I’m new to the forum. I’ve been reading posts for quite a while and finally decided to sign up and join in...

So I had a very stressful period for about a month when I got tinnitus out of nowhere back in January. I was in Thailand for the whole month and just thought I caught a horrible disease out there. Upon getting back I went to my docs and he ran over 300 blood tests believe it or not and everything came out clean. I also went to the Neurologist twice and same deal.

Anyway, due to all the stress and anxiety I went through I developed a few annoying physical symptoms and this one has to be the worst for me besides the internal vibrations I get when waking. Basically when I’m at rest, usually watching TV or driving, my left calf starts feeling crampy and so does part of my upper leg. It’s like pressure points that move around. It’s not painful just disconcerting. I panicked for a while thinking I have MS or ALS but my neurologist assured me I don’t. I also got a brain MRI and it came out clean. I asked her about doing an EMG to which she agreed but said it would be a waist of my time and I should spend my energy elsewhere. 

Has anyone felt this symptom? Also I have twitches on my calves all the time ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have reported twitching in the bottom of my left foot as well as tingling and numbness in my left leg when sitting on certain chairs. I know some of that has to do with poor circulation and my doctor said I need to lose weight. As far as the tingling in my foot, it feels like tiny worms crawling under the skin.

Or muscles lightly twitching. Doesn't hurt, just bothersome. Causes me to have to sway my feet back and forth to ignore the feeling until I fall asleep. Not worried about Als or ms or whatever. Just believe it to be my muscles twitching from exertion throughout the day and I've never been worried by it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think our noticing of it has a lot to do with our hypersensitive nature towards sensations in our body that we're quick to self diagnosis (usually incorrectly) as something far worse 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes!! Self diagnosis in anxiety is very dangerous. Leave the diagnostics to the doctors. If they say OK, then no second guessing. A thought has to be in your mind for you to react to it. Obviously! So when you Google or listen to some negative information, it sticks in your mind. We are very vulnerable to suggestion in HA. If none of us would have heard of MS or any other awful disease would we respond as we do? Of course not. And that's the difference between us and our ancestors. Caveman may have got ill, but he took it in his stride. He recovered or he didn't. We, unfortunately, have inherited his fight/flight syndrome. But WE are over informed. The frighteners are put on us every day by some new illness we have found or that someone we know has. But living a life of continual apprehension is not good at all. Can we accept the feelings? Go with them and not fight or struggling with them? Knowing they will pass if we don't give them too much credence? They are real, and the physical symptoms are real, but if you have been declared fit then leave it. The physical symptoms may continue for a while. We are like a big bell that has been struck. The initial noise is over, but the vibrations go on for a while. Take it easy.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Morris_The_Cat said:

I think our noticing of it has a lot to do with our hypersensitive nature towards sensations in our body that we're quick to self diagnosis (usually incorrectly) as something far worse 

I think you’re right, I often wondered if my hypersensitive state makes me notice every little thing and of course with my HA I blow it out of proportion and freak out. I definitely need to start relaxing and letting go of my irrational fears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, Alex said:

I think you’re right, I often wondered if my hypersensitive state makes me notice every little thing and of course with my HA I blow it out of proportion and freak out. I definitely need to start relaxing and letting go of my irrational fears.

It's a tough road Alex. I've self-diagnosed myself with every kind of heart attack, stroke, cancer, cystic fibrosis, aneurysm or traveling blood clot you could think of.

Yet surprisingly, after over 2 or 3,000 misdiagnoses on my part I'm still here. I MUST BE THE LUCKIEST MAN IN THE WORLD! Lol.

I try to use that as rationalization to how many times my doctor has been right about the symptoms I propose. So when they tell me theres nothing wrong, I know I'm supposed to believe them. But still have trouble doing it.

I think therapy is really the best cure for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Morris_The_Cat said:

It's a tough road Alex. I've self-diagnosed myself with every kind of heart attack, stroke, cancer, cystic fibrosis, aneurysm or traveling blood clot you could think of.

Yet surprisingly, after over 2 or 3,000 misdiagnoses on my part I'm still here. I MUST BE THE LUCKIEST MAN IN THE WORLD! Lol.

I try to use that as rationalization to how many times my doctor has been right about the symptoms I propose. So when they tell me theres nothing wrong, I know I'm supposed to believe them. But still have trouble doing it.

I think therapy is really the best cure for us.

 It is a tough road! My issue is that I got hit with a multitude of things here and there, just over the span of 4-5 months, and I should be looking at them as separate issues on their own, but I keep thinking that maybe it’s part of a bigger disease and they all add up to it. I’m at the point where I just need a break from any new symptom. They’re driving me crazy, lol!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.