Sign in to follow this  
bin_tenn

Weird day so far :O

Well, maybe not so weird as it is an "off" day - that may be the better word for it. Last night we ate fast food from a place I've never had. A little while later, I began experiencing diarrhea and some light stomach cramps (feels like gas). While in bed and trying to sleep last night, I felt the need to go to the restroom so I went, and I spent a good ten minutes in the bathroom. I woke up to the same thing this morning, and spent a while in the bathroom again. I feel a little better after going, but not completely relieved. Yeah, it's one of those times. D'oh! I'm not the only one - my girlfriend, who also ate food from this place though not her first time, is also experiencing the "bubble guts" and feeling yucky. I guess the food simply didn't agree with our stomachs. Yuck.

Because I had trouble sleeping last night, it also made me feel anxious. Any time I have trouble sleeping I feel that way, but I think it was certainly made worse by the gut issues. I do get sort of anxious any time I have stomach issues - nausea and diarrhea alike. My cousin experiences this as well, as do so many other people I know who have anxiety. Of course, I did not experience a panic attack. Once again I employed the skills I've learned in order to calm down and eventually go to sleep. Deep breathing and the 5-4-3-2-1 technique using the five senses.

I feel somewhat anxious this morning, too, presumably because I'm still experiencing the gut issues. On top of that, I have a trapped burp / other gas bubble in my upper stomach / lower chest. I feel the need to burp, but it just won't come out. Stubborn little bastard! :D

I guess it also makes sense to feel anxious, because we bought a house recently. We closed the deal Wednesday morning, so now it's absolutely "real." Haha. That is exciting, but also quite nerve-racking! All of this comes together to overwhelm the mind, and I think even people who do not have an anxiety disorder likely feel quite anxious / nervous when taking such a large step, and feeling like their stomach is going to pour out of their body... :joy:

That pretty much sums it all up. I'll have a great day just as soon as I can coax this gas out, and also when the day's workload picks up. It's always slow first thing in the morning (now) because most of my coworkers are not online until ~8:30-9:00am. So instead, I'm sitting here typing this post, waiting for my day to truly get started. On the plus side, my son will be here this weekend and we always have tons of fun together. :)

Thanks for reading. It feels kind of weird to share things like this, because I'm not in need of reassurance or answers. It's more like a public journal entry. Haha! How is everyone else's day going so far?

5 hours ago, bin_tenn said:

Well, maybe not so weird as it is an "off" day - that may be the better word for it. Last night we ate fast food from a place I've never had. A little while later, I began experiencing diarrhea and some light stomach cramps (feels like gas). While in bed and trying to sleep last night, I felt the need to go to the restroom so I went, and I spent a good ten minutes in the bathroom. I woke up to the same thing this morning, and spent a while in the bathroom again. I feel a little better after going, but not completely relieved. Yeah, it's one of those times. D'oh! I'm not the only one - my girlfriend, who also ate food from this place though not her first time, is also experiencing the "bubble guts" and feeling yucky. I guess the food simply didn't agree with our stomachs. Yuck.

Because I had trouble sleeping last night, it also made me feel anxious. Any time I have trouble sleeping I feel that way, but I think it was certainly made worse by the gut issues. I do get sort of anxious any time I have stomach issues - nausea and diarrhea alike. My cousin experiences this as well, as do so many other people I know who have anxiety. Of course, I did not experience a panic attack. Once again I employed the skills I've learned in order to calm down and eventually go to sleep. Deep breathing and the 5-4-3-2-1 technique using the five senses.

I feel somewhat anxious this morning, too, presumably because I'm still experiencing the gut issues. On top of that, I have a trapped burp / other gas bubble in my upper stomach / lower chest. I feel the need to burp, but it just won't come out. Stubborn little bastard! :D

I guess it also makes sense to feel anxious, because we bought a house recently. We closed the deal Wednesday morning, so now it's absolutely "real." Haha. That is exciting, but also quite nerve-racking! All of this comes together to overwhelm the mind, and I think even people who do not have an anxiety disorder likely feel quite anxious / nervous when taking such a large step, and feeling like their stomach is going to pour out of their body... 😂

That pretty much sums it all up. I'll have a great day just as soon as I can coax this gas out, and also when the day's workload picks up. It's always slow first thing in the morning (now) because most of my coworkers are not online until ~8:30-9:00am. So instead, I'm sitting here typing this post, waiting for my day to truly get started. On the plus side, my son will be here this weekend and we always have tons of fun together. :)

Thanks for reading. It feels kind of weird to share things like this, because I'm not in need of reassurance or answers. It's more like a public journal entry. Haha! How is everyone else's day going so far?

Congrats on the house! Maybe drink some 7 up so you can start burping and get the gas out. Looks like you have some good things going on friend. Awesome. Thanks for sharing a little of your life.

• Like 1

Sharing my fears and anxiety helps me as well. Mostly because as I type I'm rationalizing at the same time.

For example, as I was headed to my next job site, I started to get nervous about a sensation occurring in my arm and hand. Immediately I shot to the fear that I was having a heart attack because my right eyebrow muscles started to twitch a little. I figured I was having either a stroke or a heart attack and started to freak out. Despite there being no other issues or pain going on.

As a result I logged in to this Web site to read up on other peoples fears it started to calm me down and made me realize that 1. I'm not alone in my HA. And 2, there are others that are potentially feeling worse than I at this moment.

Not trying to be cruel or make fun or light of people's fears, but to acknowledge this IS a health anxiety forum and a lot of our fears and symptoms are ultimately imaginary, despite how real they feel at the time. This forum helps ground me, quite often.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jgriffin said:

Congrats on the house! Maybe drink some 7 up so you can start burping and get the gas out. Looks like you have some good things going on friend. Awesome. Thanks for sharing a little of your life.

Thanks! I'm feeling better this evening. Gut still has that "I'm still not empty" feeling, a little bit, but I'm not running to the bathroom every hour and sitting for 10-15min, so I'll take it. Haha.

3 hours ago, Morris_The_Cat said:

Sharing my fears and anxiety helps me as well. Mostly because as I type I'm rationalizing at the same time.

For example, as I was headed to my next job site, I started to get nervous about a sensation occurring in my arm and hand. Immediately I shot to the fear that I was having a heart attack because my right eyebrow muscles started to twitch a little. I figured I was having either a stroke or a heart attack and started to freak out. Despite there being no other issues or pain going on.

As a result I logged in to this Web site to read up on other peoples fears it started to calm me down and made me realize that 1. I'm not alone in my HA. And 2, there are others that are potentially feeling worse than I at this moment.

Not trying to be cruel or make fun or light of people's fears, but to acknowledge this IS a health anxiety forum and a lot of our fears and symptoms are ultimately imaginary, despite how real they feel at the time. This forum helps ground me, quite often.

Yeah, for sure. I've come here many times in the middle of panic. Not so much asking for help/reassurance, but because writing it down often helps me feel better. In fact, there have been many times when I've typed a lengthy post and simply discarded it instead of posting because I felt better by the end. 😛

• Like 1

Congratulations on the purchase of your new home!!! I am also glad you are feeling better. In January 2019, I had a Noro virus and I lost 6 or 7 pounds in one day. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MARC said:

Congratulations on the purchase of your new home!!! I am also glad you are feeling better. In January 2019, I had a Noro virus and I lost 6 or 7 pounds in one day. 

Thanks, Marc! I certainly hope it's not an actual bug, but instead just food didn't agree with me. Haha. I don't think it's a bug/virus. But hell even if it is, I'll survive. 😛