BejeweledMexican

How do YOU handle stomach pain?

Recommended Posts

I'm sure this is anxiety related (at least I'm hoping) but I need help with trying to deal with it. I tried my counselor's idea, the 'planning' my anxiety, which normally works, but it is not working with this stomach pain I'm having. It started last night and it was a like a sharp pain in the middle of my stomach to the left. I thought 'it's probably just stuff moving through' since I had just gone to the bathroom. But it started lasting through the evening and then finally let up around 10pm. I even had some rice and meatloaf and felt fine but then I came to work this morning and it feels like I'm going to vomit. I have a stinging/stabbing pain in the upper left of my stomach now. I took some tums which helped none unfortunately....does this sound like anxiety??? I want to believe it is but it doesn't FEEL like it. It feels like death lol okay that's dramatic....it feels like I'm either getting sick or something is wrong. Thoughts?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BejeweledMexican said:

I'm sure this is anxiety related (at least I'm hoping) but I need help with trying to deal with it. I tried my counselor's idea, the 'planning' my anxiety, which normally works, but it is not working with this stomach pain I'm having. It started last night and it was a like a sharp pain in the middle of my stomach to the left. I thought 'it's probably just stuff moving through' since I had just gone to the bathroom. But it started lasting through the evening and then finally let up around 10pm. I even had some rice and meatloaf and felt fine but then I came to work this morning and it feels like I'm going to vomit. I have a stinging/stabbing pain in the upper left of my stomach now. I took some tums which helped none unfortunately....does this sound like anxiety??? I want to believe it is but it doesn't FEEL like it. It feels like death lol okay that's dramatic....it feels like I'm either getting sick or something is wrong. Thoughts?? 

Around the belly button to the left is where my kids appendix hurt. But it didn't let up. Once the pain started it got only worse. I get unexplained stomacheck pain for no reason. Just Monday my 18 year old had stomach pains for 18 hours on and off. Now she's fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jgriffin said:

Around the belly button to the left is where my kids appendix hurt. But it didn't let up. Once the pain started it got only worse. I get unexplained stomacheck pain for no reason. Just Monday my 18 year old had stomach pains for 18 hours on and off. Now she's fine

Oh yeah I know it can't be my appendix because that's on the right side of my body so (yay) lol but I just don't know what this pain/uncomfort is from. It's so weird. You daughter had stomach pain and then it just went away? Maybe it's just a virus then. It just feels like more. Like my stomach is twisting and turning. I really don't want to go get sick either! Tomorrow is my birthday and I have a whole big celebration planned for this weekend. Any suggestions on getting it to calm down? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BejeweledMexican said:

Oh yeah I know it can't be my appendix because that's on the right side of my body so (yay) lol but I just don't know what this pain/uncomfort is from. It's so weird. You daughter had stomach pain and then it just went away? Maybe it's just a virus then. It just feels like more. Like my stomach is twisting and turning. I really don't want to go get sick either! Tomorrow is my birthday and I have a whole big celebration planned for this weekend. Any suggestions on getting it to calm down? 

Our intestines and guts do all sorts of things. Could have had a hard time digesting something. I can't remember a day when my stomach felt 100 percent. Cramps, aches, naseous, making sounds etc.....as far as suggestions to settle it down...try pepto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It hurts all over now, especially down by my pelvis. I just had my period so it can't be that. Gosh, I'm freaked out thinking about any kind of cancer like colon or ovarian but gosh these cramps are horrible! I'm just trying to last the last half of the work day so I can go home and just relax. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BejeweledMexican said:

It hurts all over now, especially down by my pelvis. I just had my period so it can't be that. Gosh, I'm freaked out thinking about any kind of cancer like colon or ovarian but gosh these cramps are horrible! I'm just trying to last the last half of the work day so I can go home and just relax. 

we all just had a horrible tummy bug run through our family. we did get slight fever and chills with it and it lasted for about three days.. the first day was what you describe then the second was vomiting then the third was recovery tummy aches. now my husband never threw up but he had the tummy ache the entire time. it sounds like a normal tummy bug.. and yes please remember anxiety can effect the stomach and you were anxious after your dentist appointment and its normal for anxiety symptoms to show up a few days after being overly anxious.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Holls said:

we all just had a horrible tummy bug run through our family. we did get slight fever and chills with it and it lasted for about three days.. the first day was what you describe then the second was vomiting then the third was recovery tummy aches. now my husband never threw up but he had the tummy ache the entire time. it sounds like a normal tummy bug.. and yes please remember anxiety can effect the stomach and you were anxious after your dentist appointment and its normal for anxiety symptoms to show up a few days after being overly anxious.

 

Oh man!!!! That sucks!!!! That means I'm going to be sick for my birthday and my birthday celebration! Do you have any idea what may help??? I don't have chills or a fever....yet. But it's the stomach pain, especially down below, that is making this horrible 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BejeweledMexican said:

Oh man!!!! That sucks!!!! That means I'm going to be sick for my birthday and my birthday celebration! Do you have any idea what may help??? I don't have chills or a fever....yet. But it's the stomach pain, especially down below, that is making this horrible 😥

Ematrol helps I've taken it while pregnant as well, it's a children's tummy medicine.. and good ol Pepto. Stay hydrated and baby yourself a little.. eat something easy on your stomach tonight. Hugs it's going to pass soon.. wether it's anxiety or a bug. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emetrol works well, also peppermints help.  Soda is good - I'd stick with Sprite, ginger ale or decaf cola because caffeine can make stomach problems worse.  Cola in particular is good for upset stomachs - I had a doctor tell me to sip the syrup straight over ice; they sell it in drug stores (or used to, I feel like I don't see it anymore).  But any decaf soda should help somewhat because of the sugar.   No one seems to have reached a clear conclusion on whether or not ginger ale has enough actual ginger in it to help with nausea, but it can't hurt.  Hopefully it's just anxiety making it worse and you'll feel better soon.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.