Jennie048

Mammogram - now waiting for results.

My HA has been pretty good lately - if I have had issues or worries come up - I've tried to be rational and not Google and things have been going good.  But it really comes into effect after having testing done - had my yearly mammogram today and was excited to see same tech I had last year.  Last year after my mammogram - she stated radiologist will review and send results to doctor and I will receive a letter but added...nothing is standing out to me here.  That was a great relief and results last year were normal. 

However, this time after mammogram - she stated radiologist will review the results and send results to doctor and I will receive a letter...nothing else -- I was tempted to say or ask something but felt awkward and just went on my way...now the waiting.  How do you cope with waiting?  I plan on calling my GYN's office later this week - which I always do and ask for results.

6 hours ago, Jennie048 said:

My HA has been pretty good lately - if I have had issues or worries come up - I've tried to be rational and not Google and things have been going good.  But it really comes into effect after having testing done - had my yearly mammogram today and was excited to see same tech I had last year.  Last year after my mammogram - she stated radiologist will review and send results to doctor and I will receive a letter but added...nothing is standing out to me here.  That was a great relief and results last year were normal. 

However, this time after mammogram - she stated radiologist will review the results and send results to doctor and I will receive a letter...nothing else -- I was tempted to say or ask something but felt awkward and just went on my way...now the waiting.  How do you cope with waiting?  I plan on calling my GYN's office later this week - which I always do and ask for results.

Hugs Jennie, I'm due in July and I am always worried until I get the all clear. Don't read into what the tech said or didn't say.  She's human and we have to remember that she might have been having a rough morning, or maybe she was scolded to not say anything about the results? I mean we have no idea what was going on with her.. it doesn't at all mean your results will be anything but good. I'd call as well. Mine came fast last yr . Took it Wednesday morning Thurs by 10 a.m I had an email. 

14 hours ago, Holls said:

Hugs Jennie, I'm due in July and I am always worried until I get the all clear. Don't read into what the tech said or didn't say.  She's human and we have to remember that she might have been having a rough morning, or maybe she was scolded to not say anything about the results? I mean we have no idea what was going on with her.. it doesn't at all mean your results will be anything but good. I'd call as well. Mine came fast last yr . Took it Wednesday morning Thurs by 10 a.m I had an email. 

Thanks Holls. I know I shouldn’t read into anything and I probably wouldn’t if she didn’t make a comment last year. I am just trying to hold tight - I will give my GYN doc a call either tomorrow or Friday for results which is how we are supposed to get them. I wish mine were as fast as yours and by email. That’s great! I did sign up for their portal but they don’t post until review and sent to doctor. Says they will be available by Sunday.

7 hours ago, Jennie048 said:

Thanks Holls. I know I shouldn’t read into anything and I probably wouldn’t if she didn’t make a comment last year. I am just trying to hold tight - I will give my GYN doc a call either tomorrow or Friday for results which is how we are supposed to get them. I wish mine were as fast as yours and by email. That’s great! I did sign up for their portal but they don’t post until review and sent to doctor. Says they will be available by Sunday.

My mammograms are done on a bus parked in my drs. parking lot lol. I do love that the results are fast and they don't go through the dr.. I always get very anxious with any testing.. it's that dreaded wait. I just went and did blood work this morning and I'm on edge.. it might not be till Monday until I hear anything. Yikes yells my anxiety lol. Your results will be nice and clear.

7 hours ago, Holls said:

My mammograms are done on a bus parked in my drs. parking lot lol. I do love that the results are fast and they don't go through the dr.. I always get very anxious with any testing.. it's that dreaded wait. I just went and did blood work this morning and I'm on edge.. it might not be till Monday until I hear anything. Yikes yells my anxiety lol. Your results will be nice and clear.

Thanks Holls - didn’t hear anything today or see anything on portal yet but I will call the doctors office on Friday. I just had blood work done last month and luckily my blood results come in fast - last two times in 24 hours they were on the portal. Your results will be just fine.

• Like 1

Just now, Jennie048 said:

Thanks Holls - didn’t hear anything today or see anything on portal yet but I will call the doctors office on Friday. I just had blood work done last month and luckily my blood results come in fast - last two times in 24 hours they were on the portal. Your results will be just fine.

Thank you..my Drs office is slowwww on blood work I'll be lucky if it's here by Fri. I would call Fri if I were you Bec they will more thank likely have your results then you can have a worry free weekend!!

UPDATE....major panic for me this morning.  I got a call from the Radiology Center saying that they need me to come in for more views and Radiologist couldn't see everything on right breast -- she said she doesn't see anything wrong but needs to take another set of views for right breast.  This is the first time I've been called back in but I do hear it happening to others so trying not to panic and hanging on the words, "the doctor doesn't see anything wrong".  Luckily the Radiology Center is right down the street from my work.  I get there and the tech said that the Radiologist will review my test and let me know before I leave if everything is ok...took more views and everything looks good....thank God...now trying to relax...thanks for the support @Holls

13 minutes ago, Jennie048 said:

UPDATE....major panic for me this morning.  I got a call from the Radiology Center saying that they need me to come in for more views and Radiologist couldn't see everything on right breast -- she said she doesn't see anything wrong but needs to take another set of views for right breast.  This is the first time I've been called back in but I do hear it happening to others so trying not to panic and hanging on the words, "the doctor doesn't see anything wrong".  Luckily the Radiology Center is right down the street from my work.  I get there and the tech said that the Radiologist will review my test and let me know before I leave if everything is ok...took more views and everything looks good....thank God...now trying to relax...thanks for the support @Holls

I went last yr for my first and I was dressing and the tech knocked on the door and said sorry, I need a little more images. I freaked out but was warned by a girlfriend that it is common.. so what you had to do is very very common and does not mean anything is wrong. Hugs. I'm so sorry that happened. I'm glad you got it done already and already got reasurrance all looks good. Yes.. relax knowing you are ok. The experience was jolting.but you are ok. 

• Like 1

One day the medical field will research the affects on people waiting for test results, getting calls back to repeat tests, being told you may have cancer to find out 5 days later you don't. What psychological damage is that doing to us? 

I am very glad all is well but I'm very sorry you got that call.  

• Like 3

One day the medical field will research the affects on people waiting for test results, getting calls back to repeat tests, being told you may have cancer to find out 5 days later you don't. What psychological damage is that doing to us? 

A hell of a lot Jae! I have lost count of the number of times this has come up with me talking to anxious people. I was in hospital some years ago and went for test on a Friday afternoon. It was one of those where they put a tube down your throat. Yuk!!!

I survived that, but when asked the sister if any results had come through I was told, "Sorry, they have gone for the weekend, but will let you know on Monday". !!! They have no idea how much anguish that can cause. Two whole days laying in bed and not knowing. But it's the old story, unless you have been there you will never know. Just one day of anxiety for these people would work wonders, but until it does we have to grin and bear it.

• Like 1