Sign in to follow this  
Nutmegbella

Hot/cold

Hey guys I freaken googled :(

ive been feeling super hot but my skin is really cold. And Dr google says it’s a Thyroid issue I am freaking out.

It likely isn't a thyroid issue, but so what if it is. Thyroid issues are highly treatable. Sure, it's not something you would wish for. Haha. But it's not the end of the world, by any means.

My thyroid was under developed (never grew correctly as they found from ultrasound) and as a result I have to take levothyroxine for the rest of my life. I'm not dead or dying from it and it is treatable. My whole family tree seems to have thyroid issues. I still work out. Biggest noticeable change is easy weight gain. But you can get doctor recommendations for metabolism boosters. My father was placed on thyroid medication for 3 years and miraculously recovered on his own (his thyroid just started working correctly again one day.  No joke!). The doctors said he didn't need it anymore and that taking it when he didn't need the medication was actually making him feel worst! 

The body is incredible and miraculous and complex.

I wouldn't worry about thyroid problems. 

I highly doubt it’s a thyroid issue, viruses and anxiety can cause this, but rest assured if it was a thyroid issue it’s easily treated. I have mild hypothyroidism due to PCOS, and take medicine for it. If it were a thyroid issue, you’d just need to be put on medication and get more exercise. It’s a problem that’s easily treated. As I said, though, I very highly doubt it’s your thyroid. There have been many viruses going around lately that can cause things like this to occur. Anxiety and panic attacks can also cause temperature changes. It’s extremely common. If it’s really bothering you for more than I’d say a few months it wouldn’t hurt to talk to your doctor about it, but I don’t think it’s anything serious. Google also is not a doctor, it doesn’t know everything, and tends to bring up the worst case scenarios instead of the more common and benign reasons for things. It’s really best not to google, I learned that the hard way :) I hope you feel better soon. 

Edited by Bella P
Spelling error.
  • Thanks 1

@bin_tenn @Morris_The_Cat @Bella P My husband said “relax your body is still fighting the cold you had, it’s going to happen” thyroid issues run in my family. And there was a close call with one of my cousins. I had a thyroid issue when I was ten I took meds for it but then at the year mark my doctor took me off of them. 

Not only that but I’ve been breaking out with random rashes. Right now I got hit with it around my neck. In the drive home we had the windows open. And i fell asleep. Maybe something but me? But still everyday for the last week I get random patches of what looks like ingrown hair looking rash. Top it with the hot/cold thing. And I’ve been having trouble thinking straight, example I needed something from the car and I got my keys and I wanted to unluck my front door from the inside of the house using my car key. 

We have lilies in the house, my mom regretted giving them to us she warned me to be careful if I’m allergic to flowers. That lilies are the worst for allergies, she remembered about the rash I got last weekend. And since it started the moment I entered the house maybe? 

But then guess what happened it was followed by the hot/cold followed by an all over the body itchiness.

I suppose an allergy is a possibility. Trouble thinking straight is very common with anxiety... :) I do weird stuff like that all the time, even on great days. I lit a candle with my gf's lighter yesterday, and almost handed the lighter to our 4yr old instead of my gf... 😂

16 hours ago, Nutmegbella said:

@bin_tenn @Morris_The_Cat @Bella P My husband said “relax your body is still fighting the cold you had, it’s going to happen” thyroid issues run in my family. And there was a close call with one of my cousins. I had a thyroid issue when I was ten I took meds for it but then at the year mark my doctor took me off of them. 

Not only that but I’ve been breaking out with random rashes. Right now I got hit with it around my neck. In the drive home we had the windows open. And i fell asleep. Maybe something but me? But still everyday for the last week I get random patches of what looks like ingrown hair looking rash. Top it with the hot/cold thing. And I’ve been having trouble thinking straight, example I needed something from the car and I got my keys and I wanted to unluck my front door from the inside of the house using my car key. 

We have lilies in the house, my mom regretted giving them to us she warned me to be careful if I’m allergic to flowers. That lilies are the worst for allergies, she remembered about the rash I got last weekend. And since it started the moment I entered the house maybe? 

But then guess what happened it was followed by the hot/cold followed by an all over the body itchiness.

An allergy can definitely cause this. I recommend putting the flowers outside and seeing if the sensations stop. If they do, it was most likely allergies. If they do not, it’s still highly likely that it’s either anxiety or a virus. If you have a family history of thyroid issues it wouldn’t hurt to bring everything up to your doctor, but as I said, it isn’t the end of the world. 

• Like 1

My daughter had rashes caused by stress. They were mostly on her neck, chest and face. A friend had them on her legs. No reason, just stress response. The hot/cold thing sounds like anxiety to me. I go from hot to cold when I’m anxious. 

Sometimes we have to accept that things are happening for no particular reason, they just happen. Always looking for an answer (especially by googling) does not help us accept the sensations we have as normal. If we think there has to be a reason for everything, and we can’t find one, we create more anxiety and more stories an connections that aren’t real. 

• Like 1

@bin_tenn yeah that is a big no no. Good thing you caught yourself. I see that even in the post, I misused some words and I was off. I mean I was panicking so that should be it. But I can’t help but think man what if it’s something else. 

11 hours ago, Bella P said:

An allergy can definitely cause this. I recommend putting the flowers outside and seeing if the sensations stop. If they do, it was most likely allergies. If they do not, it’s still highly likely that it’s either anxiety or a virus. If you have a family history of thyroid issues it wouldn’t hurt to bring everything up to your doctor, but as I said, it isn’t the end of the world. 

I’ll do that tomorrow hopefully it’s just the flowers. I can’t wait until the 29th to get everything checked out. I know it’s not but at the same time I know that not taking good care of thyroid issues can lead to deadly consequences and although rare air still scares me.

11 hours ago, Iugrad91 said:

My daughter had rashes caused by stress. They were mostly on her neck, chest and face. A friend had them on her legs. No reason, just stress response. The hot/cold thing sounds like anxiety to me. I go from hot to cold when I’m anxious. 

Sometimes we have to accept that things are happening for no particular reason, they just happen. Always looking for an answer (especially by googling) does not help us accept the sensations we have as normal. If we think there has to be a reason for everything, and we can’t find one, we create more anxiety and more stories an connections that aren’t real. 

I keep referring to the list of anxiety symptoms and it does show up. That yes this can be caused my stress and it calms me for like two seconds and then when I feel the wave of heat hit me and I don’t know it’s its a mild feeling and that my anxiety just magnifies the sensation of if my temperature will rise to scary levels. I saw a show once “Dr. G Medical Examiner” I think it’s the name. And the episode I had seen was a guy who’s body temp got crazy high and it killed him. But I’m stupid to compare his situation with mine. He had taken speed, which rises the bodies temperature PLUS he was outdoors in the Miami heat. But why do I do this to myself? Why can’t I just let these everyday sensations just come and go? 

On 5/17/2019 at 2:10 AM, Nutmegbella said:

I’ll do that tomorrow hopefully it’s just the flowers. I can’t wait until the 29th to get everything checked out. I know it’s not but at the same time I know that not taking good care of thyroid issues can lead to deadly consequences and although rare air still scares me.

I understand. I am the same way regarding my PCOS. Although I know many complications it can cause are preventable, and many are extremely rare, I get scared of them quite frequently. As long as you do your best to be healthy, I’m fairly certain you will be okay if it does turn out to be your thyroid. It’s hard, but we have to keep the positive and most likely outcomes in mind, I struggle with it every day. It is hard, but it’s important, and not impossible :) I wish you well and good luck. I hope it was just the flowers, too. Remember that even if it turns out not to be the flowers, that doesn’t mean it’s your thyroid, it could be anxiety, a virus or just a fluke. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2019 at 10:11 PM, Bella P said:

I understand. I am the same way regarding my PCOS. Although I know many complications it can cause are preventable, and many are extremely rare, I get scared of them quite frequently. As long as you do your best to be healthy, I’m fairly certain you will be okay if it does turn out to be your thyroid. It’s hard, but we have to keep the positive and most likely outcomes in mind, I struggle with it every day. It is hard, but it’s important, and not impossible :) I wish you well and good luck. I hope it was just the flowers, too. Remember that even if it turns out not to be the flowers, that doesn’t mean it’s your thyroid, it could be anxiety, a virus or just a fluke. 

Thanks @Bella P I will try to keep that in mind that it shouldn’t be seen as this is the end of the world, it can be controlled. I’m trying not to think of it until I see the doctor. But I spot something on my skin (I have small bruises that keep popping up) or feel something off and I start to freak out. I’ve had ugly palpitations pop up in these last few days