BillysPain

Left side back pain.....Very scared

10 hours ago, BillysPain said:

But the pain is always there even when im distracted or trying to do hobbies.....that's what worries me....

Mine was too.. and my twitches and buzzing never would give me a free moment. I wish you could go to a chiropractor.. I think that would be very helpful for you. Maybe once you get your ins back you could do that. 

Another thing that worked out for me was Meetup groups. They're free. Look at Meetup dot com and find health anxiety groups, depression or mental health groups and attend them. Talk to others about your issues and problems. Sometimes just talking to others that may share your issues face to face help you realize you aren't alone. And take it a step further and create your OWN health anxiety meetup group!

It may not be anxiety, but it isn’t anything that is going to do you in. It could be muscular or structural. Back pain is one of the most common reasons people see their doc. Mine sent me to physical therapy. I had one sided pain that was getting worse and I was starting to have sciatica-like symptoms. Physical therapy has improved it so much, and hopefully will continue until it doesn’t bother me anymore. 

Having said that, anxiety can make regular aches and pains much worse when we focus on them and worry about them.

I don't know guys.....when I eat anything my left side back and stomach hurts,  gurgles and makes a lot of weird noises......it causes my left back to burn and hurt.....this happens even when I'm distracted etc.....God help me.... 

Sounds like acid reflux. Have you tried taking something like Prilosec to see if it helps?

I am too, still suffering from leftside back pain and chest pain as described in my posts before. I do suffer from (and take prescription pantoprazole for) GERD. It's also affecting my esophagus. I'm careful now to avoid trigger foods, over eating, and lying down or bending over after eating for at least 2 hours. 

In early June I'll be bringing this up to my PCP for a referral to a gastroenterologist. 

It may or may not be related. I'm not gonna obsess about it. Nor will I worry about it, with the understanding that I'm in the process of handling it and investigating the issues.

Try to remain calm. Your fear exacerbates the issue by over inflating the sensations you feel. We aren't doctors and our diagnosis shouldn't be trusted. Neither should Googles or WebMD's.

Take confidence in knowing you're addressing the issue. 

All symptoms of reflux. Nothing is spreading. Treat the reflux and see if that helps.

Reflux isn’t just heartburn feeling. When my reflux acts up I get a pain between the shoulder blades in the upper back. Sometimes I also have to clear my throat or have a choking feeling. Stress makes reflux worse. Anxiety can also cause a sensation of a lump in the throat/esophagus and the sensation that one has difficulty swallowing. Have you seen anyone about your anxiety? 

The voice and hard to swallow seems like it comes and goes. ...anxious or not....some days i will have it..... some days not.....

The only good thing so far is no throat  pain......

Now I'm getting night sweats and frequent urination after waking in the morning.....where is this leading ? I'm very scared and worried......

I told my doctor I wake up to pee 2 or 3 times a night, at 36 years old, like I was a grandpa or something. 

I rremember when in my early 20's getting drunk, passing out and not waking to pee until noon the next day (can't live like that anymore! Lol).

Doctor was unconcerned. Sounds like your anxiety is back again. I have night sweats too. Even when keeping the house at 67 - 70 degrees. Sometimes too many blankets were left on. I'd only be concerned about "night sweats" if I were waking up soaked, or over and over again. Even then, I'd check for a fever first before worrying about anything unless it continued for more than two weeks. The bodies temperature range regularly fluctuates between 3 degrees constantly. Too many variables to be convinced its something bad or deathly. 

Because you still have anxiety. You haven’t let go of this worry. Read the 100 symptoms of anxiety list pinned to the top of the forum page. Your anxiety is trying to get your attention, like a toddler that constantly pokes their mom when she’s busy. Your anxiety will continue to poke you for attention if it gets the response it wanted, which is your focus. You have to work on acknowledging and accepting so your mind can move on from the worry.

I say to myself: Yes, I see you there but I am not going to give you the attention you seek. I am not going to give further worry to my sensations. 

If it gets bad I put up a STOP sign in my head and yell stop! at my anxiety. That can often work to snap me out of a worry cycle. 

This site has helped me during times of high anxiety. There are some good behavior techniques that can help one rationalize their feelings during an episode. 

https://maps.anxietycanada.com/courses/my-anxiety-plan-map-for-adults/

Practicing acceptance is a lot like practicing any other skill. You have to keep at it. Over and over and over. Every time you start with the what if’s. The more you practice the easier it will get and the less often you will have to use the tools of CBT. There may be regressions here and there when you have to be vigilant again. But it will get better if you put the effort in. Don’t give up!

Thank you guys for your input but the constant left side back pain and yellow stools for 6 months is not anxiety......I don't know what it is but I'm very scared and lonely dealing with this to the point of no return.....