BillysPain

Left side back pain.....Very scared

10 hours ago, BillysPain said:

But the pain is always there even when im distracted or trying to do hobbies.....that's what worries me....

Mine was too.. and my twitches and buzzing never would give me a free moment. I wish you could go to a chiropractor.. I think that would be very helpful for you. Maybe once you get your ins back you could do that. 

Another thing that worked out for me was Meetup groups. They're free. Look at Meetup dot com and find health anxiety groups, depression or mental health groups and attend them. Talk to others about your issues and problems. Sometimes just talking to others that may share your issues face to face help you realize you aren't alone. And take it a step further and create your OWN health anxiety meetup group!

It may not be anxiety, but it isn’t anything that is going to do you in. It could be muscular or structural. Back pain is one of the most common reasons people see their doc. Mine sent me to physical therapy. I had one sided pain that was getting worse and I was starting to have sciatica-like symptoms. Physical therapy has improved it so much, and hopefully will continue until it doesn’t bother me anymore. 

Having said that, anxiety can make regular aches and pains much worse when we focus on them and worry about them.

I don't know guys.....when I eat anything my left side back and stomach hurts,  gurgles and makes a lot of weird noises......it causes my left back to burn and hurt.....this happens even when I'm distracted etc.....God help me.... 

Sounds like acid reflux. Have you tried taking something like Prilosec to see if it helps?

I am too, still suffering from leftside back pain and chest pain as described in my posts before. I do suffer from (and take prescription pantoprazole for) GERD. It's also affecting my esophagus. I'm careful now to avoid trigger foods, over eating, and lying down or bending over after eating for at least 2 hours. 

In early June I'll be bringing this up to my PCP for a referral to a gastroenterologist. 

It may or may not be related. I'm not gonna obsess about it. Nor will I worry about it, with the understanding that I'm in the process of handling it and investigating the issues.

Try to remain calm. Your fear exacerbates the issue by over inflating the sensations you feel. We aren't doctors and our diagnosis shouldn't be trusted. Neither should Googles or WebMD's.

Take confidence in knowing you're addressing the issue. 

All symptoms of reflux. Nothing is spreading. Treat the reflux and see if that helps.

Reflux isn’t just heartburn feeling. When my reflux acts up I get a pain between the shoulder blades in the upper back. Sometimes I also have to clear my throat or have a choking feeling. Stress makes reflux worse. Anxiety can also cause a sensation of a lump in the throat/esophagus and the sensation that one has difficulty swallowing. Have you seen anyone about your anxiety? 

The voice and hard to swallow seems like it comes and goes. ...anxious or not....some days i will have it..... some days not.....

The only good thing so far is no throat  pain......

Now I'm getting night sweats and frequent urination after waking in the morning.....where is this leading ? I'm very scared and worried......

I told my doctor I wake up to pee 2 or 3 times a night, at 36 years old, like I was a grandpa or something. 

I rremember when in my early 20's getting drunk, passing out and not waking to pee until noon the next day (can't live like that anymore! Lol).

Doctor was unconcerned. Sounds like your anxiety is back again. I have night sweats too. Even when keeping the house at 67 - 70 degrees. Sometimes too many blankets were left on. I'd only be concerned about "night sweats" if I were waking up soaked, or over and over again. Even then, I'd check for a fever first before worrying about anything unless it continued for more than two weeks. The bodies temperature range regularly fluctuates between 3 degrees constantly. Too many variables to be convinced its something bad or deathly. 

Because you still have anxiety. You haven’t let go of this worry. Read the 100 symptoms of anxiety list pinned to the top of the forum page. Your anxiety is trying to get your attention, like a toddler that constantly pokes their mom when she’s busy. Your anxiety will continue to poke you for attention if it gets the response it wanted, which is your focus. You have to work on acknowledging and accepting so your mind can move on from the worry.

I say to myself: Yes, I see you there but I am not going to give you the attention you seek. I am not going to give further worry to my sensations. 

If it gets bad I put up a STOP sign in my head and yell stop! at my anxiety. That can often work to snap me out of a worry cycle. 

This site has helped me during times of high anxiety. There are some good behavior techniques that can help one rationalize their feelings during an episode. 

https://maps.anxietycanada.com/courses/my-anxiety-plan-map-for-adults/

Practicing acceptance is a lot like practicing any other skill. You have to keep at it. Over and over and over. Every time you start with the what if’s. The more you practice the easier it will get and the less often you will have to use the tools of CBT. There may be regressions here and there when you have to be vigilant again. But it will get better if you put the effort in. Don’t give up!

Thank you guys for your input but the constant left side back pain and yellow stools for 6 months is not anxiety......I don't know what it is but I'm very scared and lonely dealing with this to the point of no return.....

Thank you guys for your input but the constant left side back pain and yellow stools for 6 months is not anxiety......I don't know what it is but I'm very scared and lonely dealing with this to the point of no retu

Back pain and yellow floating stools are back.....very scared and worried....

Been under severe stress and anxiety for 7 months.......

Hi Billyspain, I really want you to listen because you are creating a tsunami of anxiety for yourself and I have been there or I wouldn't even reply unless I could relate.I am concerned I saw some of your blog texts in the early morning hours. Let me first say if you had pancreatic cancer for this long untreated or even treated you would probably be dead. It one of the most deadliest cancers there is.

First I want to tell you...that waking up in the middle of the night to urinate 2-3 times is very common with anxiety. I have done it many a times even more than 2 or 3 times.

I thought I had prostate cancer...all tests done nothing wrong.

Now with anxiety and you will probably believe for 5 minutes and return to darkness of your disorder, but I will give it a try. Anxiety loves to pick it's spots and once it picks a spot to let you know it's there then your brain begins to focus on it and  will stay generalized to that area in high anxiety. Anxiety creates more anxiety. Unfortunately at times we all think we have to be in high anxiety or panic to have our symptoms. Negative ! It will happen when your not thinking you are that anxious until your anxiety has been conquered enough to function properly . I had this weird taste that came up from my stomach to my throat every day for a year...for a year straight.... it did not take a day off until I started fighting my anxiety and then it would take days off and only appear when I was doing things that gave me anxiety. When I woke up first thing that hit my brain is where is that damn taste and bam ! Yellow stool...I am not sure what you mean by that...lighter stool ? Well diet can make that happen and just because a symptom is a symptom of something like pancreatic cancer does not constitute pancreatic cancer.

Are you turning yellow ? I have not read that by now you would have a yellowing of the eyes and skin and you would be my friend sick as hell.

I know it is hard to believe that it is anxiety when it is there chronically there everyday. No I am not a doctor...but I am someone who has had two extreme bouts of anxiety GAD and eventually it turns to health anxiety...I don't like to call it hypochondriasis because there are uneducated people out there that think you have made it all up in your head. Not so the symptoms are really brain can only hold so much stress and misfires the nervous system and then you are in a constant state of anxiety.

A lot of us will go through a lot of diseases and so of us will pick one as you have and drill it in our minds like a jackhammer. Don't underestimate your brain and body they work together.

I also had a weak kind of buzzy giddy feeling in my left chest and arm for about the same time as that ugly taste coming up from the stomach to the throat. You also said that your voice was changing. That can happen from being nervous as we swallow more when we are nervous drying our throat out or phlegm up more when we are nervous. Haven't you ever seen some one talking to a group of people clear their throat and go for the water and at times sound a little raspy ?

Billy, you have pancreatic cancer engraved in your brain and I hate to see that it's bothering me because I know what you are going through. Rest assure that everyone on this board does not believe you have pancreatic cancer simply by the timeline. It's too ferocious as a disease. Someday you will look back on this and laugh I guarantee it I know that is not in your sights at all, but you will. You have built a maze of anxiety that you cannot find your way out of, now. Little by little. I think the start is tell yourself every day that you do not have this terminal illness that you believe you have or Dr. Google threw out some symptoms for. Stay off the internet medical sites. That right there is a good start. You have to retrain your brain because it's fixed.

Maybe the best way is starting by telling yourself each day that you have an anxiety disorder and you won't believe for a long time, but once one symptom goes away another will not be far behind. Starting point is now.

I am here with you...all will be well...I am following you because I know you are in extreme distress.

You are in everyone's thoughts for anxiety recovery not cancer recovery. ...and from one sufferer to another fist pump and hug to you.

DaveSuffers and yes I do !

Hi, I have you been diagnosed with anxiety ? ...and the throat symptom sounds just like globus hystericus  I think I spelled that right.

I am sorry if I missed if you had been to the doctor or not, but that throat condition I just mentioned is very common anxiety symptom and you hit the symptoms right on the head.

It's nothing but a tightening of the muscles... tension it affects a lot of folks with anxiety.

I hope you will read this whole thing I don't usually like to write long posts unless I am just generalizing, but you are in real high anxiety my friend...

I read your post that you have been under severe stress and anxiety for 7 months, you are also now in a hysterical state of anxiety and I feel for you because you mentioned you lost your health insurance which is a shame and another trigger for even more anxiety. I agree totally with lugrad91 you want some help from the anxiety folks and they seem and now me to be offering you help, but your not accepting it and that's understandable with your level right now of anxiety. A true diagnosis as was said cannot come from us as in your state your not going to believe anyone. The back pain can be anxiety, muscular skeletal and it sure sounds like reflux as I suffer from it as well. I feel it in my back, chest, burning throat and it a long with the globus which is the tightening of the throat muscles and it can make you feel as if your throat is swollen and you are not swallowing well, but you are.

The stools I don't know if your talking lighter stool as clay colored or actual yellow. When anxiety is at the chronic level it doesn't leave you because you decide to go do something for half hour or hour or however long. It will drop to the next level, but all of your symptoms do not go away it isn't that simple I wish it were. All the folks on this board experience many symptoms. It is not just hand tremors and hyperventilation and a fast heart beat. There are over 100 symptoms and some are unique to only you. Because we are all different and because you read a list of anxiety symptoms and you didn't see yours on their doesn't mean your dying. It means you may be unique to a symptoms or symptoms as we all are at times or chronically.

Acceptance of the anxiety is key...now that does not mean you are not going to have no symptoms or fear. If you do not think it is anxiety and you are dying and this may sound a little tough here, but I am trying to help...you are full blown panic hysteria which is opening all of your blood vessels and bringing all of your blood to the places in your body when you feel threatened and every symptom you have gets magnified. I mean magnified and yes it is scary and that's why we work on not getting to the hysterical stage or the panic stage whatever

you want to call it. Now here is tough part if you don't think it is anxiety as I have read in your posts...would you trade your life for money. If you really believe you are dying and it is terrible that you do not have health insurance you would go to the hospital anyway. As was said before we are not doctors and google is not a doctor although I think that is where you got the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. Billyspain needs to become Billysacceptance.