BillysPain

Left side back pain.....Very scared

This all started one evening when I felt like someone stuck a finger into left side of my back below the ribs.....then a few seconds later it felt like a second finger was stuck into my back just about an inch below the first one.....later that night I had clear fluid coming out my backside.....the next morning the constant left side back pain started, which I have had since Thankgiving.....

Sometimes my back feels a liitle better after walking for at least 30 lminutes....

I made the mistake of Googling my symptoms and now I fear the worst.....the last 4 months have been torment for me....
I changed my diet like you guys said but no difference. 

I went to GP and explained my symptoms......he said pancreas does not cause back pain.....he felt around my abdomen and said it was not tender.....I told him my research said otherwise......he stopped and looked at me and said that he was a doctor of 25 years and knew what he was talking about.......
So he gave me several xrays and a regular cbc blood work that came back normal.....with normal biliburine and liver numbers.....two years before I had slightly elevated liver ALT numbers
I have several weird symptoms on top of all this....

I know you guys cannot diagnosis me but you guys have a wealth of knowledge....probably more than most Dr's....
Please help me......I don't know if I can take much more.....

Well, it won't help much but maybe just a little to know you aren't alone.

I have been having throat issues since Thanksgiving as well. Sore throat, excessive mucus production, constantly clearing it and feeling as if something is lodged there when swallowing. 

Doctor saw "white spots" on my vocal chords he says "Doesn't look like tumors" and added "not sure what they are". 

Great comment for a Dr to make, right? Of course I'm freaking out now. Says I have ulcers and chocks it up as acid reflux. 

Never fully takes my fear away.

Why do I bring this up? Concentrating on a feeling that may or may not be there makes me think about sensations in my throat constantly. Every click, burp, swallow. Trying to RUN from ot or ignore it is just as harmful as it can have the opposite effect. Try to distract yourself. Exercise more. Do stretches. Take up a new hobby (geocaching) that gets you outta your house and outta your mind.

I go walking at flea market's etc.....it lessens the pain somewhat but still there to some extent.....I'm suprised that I'm still here after 6 months......

I need help.....I cannot go on much longer......

11 minutes ago, BillysPain said:

I go walking at flea market's etc.....it lessens the pain somewhat but still there to some extent.....I'm suprised that I'm still here after 6 months......

I need help.....I cannot go on much longer......

I agree with your Dr. Please trust what he says and let that give you peace. Your Dr is who you need to listen to. I too had the pain you describe a few years back. I went to the e.r after having a panic attack over it. Blood work and scan was clean. After I left I never felt the pain again.. your mind can over focus on anything. Repeat what your Dr told you.. clear scan, clear blood you are clear. My aunt had pancreatic cancer. She didn't have clear blood or scans. So do keep going.. you have your life in front of you don't let anxiety take another day. 

The only scans I had were xrays....

I never had CT or US......

The only thing the cbc blood work that I had done 5 months ago said at the time that my bilirubin was in range......

Sorry to say xrays never catch pancreas c......

35 minutes ago, BillysPain said:

The only scans I had were xrays....

I never had CT or US......

The only thing the cbc blood work that I had done 5 months ago said at the time that my bilirubin was in range......

Sorry to say xrays never catch pancreas c......

Your Dr didn't feel the need to do a CT scan..my friend had liver cancer and it was seen in an x-ray..also blood work  from 5months ago is still clear results. If this is something you can't let go or trust your Dr when he says you don't have it, have you considered therapy for your anxiety?

Thanks for the replies and your time guys.....

The doctor only spent about 5 minutes with me and pretty much blew me off

I never asked the doctor (gp) straight out if I had pancreas c.........

I'm surprised I'm still here after 6 months of this.....

I have several other symptoms such as:

Pale colored stools that float sometimes

Head hair falling out

Dry skin all over body....Looks like a snowstorm when I rub anywhere on my body

Burning pain in both legs

Voice gets weak sometimes 

Pancreatic cancer is mainly a disease of the elderly and to a lesser extent the middle aged group. 

My uncle had pancreatic cancer at 85 and had severe sudden abdominal pain and went to the ER and was diagnosed with it. 

13 hours ago, BillysPain said:

I've had this left side back pain for 6 months.....would I still be alive if it was pc ?

Thanks

47 is young and it's very young for pancreatic cancer. 6months is a long time and no you don't have pancreatic cancer. I know you said that your Dr only saw you for a short time and you felt that he blew your worries off.. personally I think that's a good thing and it tells a lot. He's not concerned..period. he's the Dr.. he went to school to look for this not google and not your anxiety. I think your anxiety is twisting things around.. like the amount of time the Dr spent on you, the x Ray.. which didn't show any problems.. just talk to your anxiety and tell it no. No pancreatic cancer, anxiety only. I'm so sorry you have had that pain. I've had it too.. the moment I got relief it was gone. Yours can be so many things.. strained muscle?? When you get anxious how do you tense up? Is it in your back? 

I'm 36. I've had back pain and chest pain for the last year. When I take a deep breath I get a sharp localized pain in the left side of my chest. Was convinced I had lung cancer due to allergies issues exacerbating these thoughts. 

Not wanting to get xray on soft tissue (theres another thread on here about someone sharing my radiation fears) I decided to start physical therapy. 

I came to realize that my job, the way I sit all day in my work truck, poor posture etc all were leading factors onto my back issues and chest pain. The more you work unused muscles the more likely the pain goes away or lessens. In my case, I've been doing PT for a month now and notice the pain is going away. If I had cancer, that wouldn't be the case.

I would suggest a light exercise program to bring out your endorphins and stretch your back muscles. You may notice pain or soreness at first if you are stretching muscles you don't normally stretch.  But overtime it should subside that pain.

Thanks Holl's and Morris the Cat

The past 2 weeks I have been having burning pain in both legs as well as the left side back pain.....I'm scared and worried......as this goes on I seem to get more symptoms....

4 hours ago, BillysPain said:

Thanks Holl's and Morris the Cat

The past 2 weeks I have been having burning pain in both legs as well as the left side back pain.....I'm scared and worried......as this goes on I seem to get more symptoms....

the burning sounds like muscle strain or anxiety.. I had burning and vibrating muscles in my thigh from anxiety.. it's amazing what we can do to our bodies with all the worry we carry. hugs. it's going to get better.

But my guess is that he knows it wouldn’t be the one and only symptom. Second guessing the doctors is classic HA. I’m not saying doctors are perfect but they know a heck of a lot more than we do, and Google is a very poor substitute for a real doctor. You wouldn’t have back pain and no other symptoms with PC. A guy I went to high school with had it. He was losing weight (like 10% of his body weight in two weeks), had stomach pains after eating and turned yellow. 

I have several symptoms.....

Lost several pounds very very quickly....( but I changed my diet drastically to low fat no sugar )

Yellow floating stools(which I told GP)

Pain after eating

Voice changing

Head Hair falling out

Maybe the only saving grace is that I've had this 6 months and thank God I'm still here.....

Losing several pounds when you’ve changed your diet is not unexpected. Losing 10% of your body weight is totally different. If you had PC your bilirubin would be sky high, and you said yours was normal. 

I have never heard of voice changes being a symptom of PC. Or hair falling out. Those sound like thyroid issues to me but I am not a doctor.

Pain after eating can be from lots of other things, from reflux to an ulcer or even low stomach acid. 

If it’s been 6 months you can rule out PC. Again I’m not a doc, but my friend that had it had severe symptoms that got worse quickly.

I agree with iugrad91, my aunt had it and she lost half her body weight extremely fast and with no diet changes at all.. she also didn't have hair falling out or voice changes and I've never heard that it was a symptom. 6months is a long time with pancreatic issues.. issues that you don't have. 

You are ok. Are you working on techniques for your anxiety??

Thanks guys for your help and time it means a lot.....it calms me down some.....

I talked to a therapist today......I think it will take sevreal sessions.....

My pain is real.....my symptoms are all there which is scary......

When the food goes down it feels like a tender spot when it gets in my stomach or just before....

Me and wife just lost our insurance

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BillysPain said:

Thanks guys for your help and time it means a lot.....it calms me down some.....

I talked to a therapist today......I think it will take sevreal sessions.....

My pain is real.....my symptoms are all there which is scary......

When the food goes down it feels like a tender spot when it gets in my stomach or just before....

Me and wife just lost our insurance

Anxiety symptoms are real. I don't doubt you  feel it. It's just not what your mind is telling you it is.. like my thigh used to twitch and buzz and felt weak.. well my mind and Google told me als . I felt it, it was real.. but I was very very wrong..after lots of Dr appointments the only thing that helped was helping my anxiety. 

I'm so sorry you have lost your insurance. You are ok.. just continue with the therapist and journal If that helps.. meditate.. go for walks. And keep talking on the forum . Hugs it's going to get better. 

Thank you Holls it means alot......i feel alone in dealing with this.....I want to be the happy person i used to be.....

I'm one of the people that is very scared of seeing doctors with my fear of pc....

After 6 months of this hell should I still be alive ?

Thanks,

Billy

27 minutes ago, BillysPain said:

Thank you Holls it means alot......i feel alone in dealing with this.....I want to be the happy person i used to be.....

I'm one of the people that is very scared of seeing doctors with my fear of pc....

After 6 months of this hell should I still be alive ?

Thanks,

Billy

No. Honestly. Not with pancreatic problems. You really are in the clear with pancreatic cancer. Your mind just won't let you see it. It keeps adding tiny bits of doubt. :( You can be that happy person again..working on anxiety is work! It's trying what works for you.. I tried everything. Therapy, mediation, walking, journaling, acceptance..I listened to the anxiety guy on you tube.. make the decision to treat the anxiety and not feed it. You will have set backs but at least you would be moving forward. 

You don't have pancreatic cancer..you have anxiety about pancreatic cancer..