Leah1976

Why am I still Dizzy????

I am in my wits end.... I can't take this anymore.... headaches, dizziness..... on and off..... I saw neurologist and told me I don't have a Brain tumor based on Neuro test..... could he has missed something??? why this dizziness doesn't go away????? could just be my ears? they seems clogged..... I am SO scared, this has been going on since September of Last year and I can't take it anymore :(

One doctor says it's neck related.... others say allergies.... but at the end of the day I still have the symptoms..... neuro game me meds for headaches and trigger point injections, but I still have headaches.... what should I do???? request an MRI? I can't live like this anymore.... wondering if I have an undiagnosed terrible tumor :( my life sux right now... please please I need your support !!

1 hour ago, Leah1976 said:

I am in my wits end.... I can't take this anymore.... headaches, dizziness..... on and off..... I saw neurologist and told me I don't have a Brain tumor based on Neuro test..... could he has missed something??? why this dizziness doesn't go away????? could just be my ears? they seems clogged..... I am SO scared, this has been going on since September of Last year and I can't take it anymore :(

One doctor says it's neck related.... others say allergies.... but at the end of the day I still have the symptoms..... neuro game me meds for headaches and trigger point injections, but I still have headaches.... what should I do???? request an MRI? I can't live like this anymore.... wondering if I have an undiagnosed terrible tumor :( my life sux right now... please please I need your support !!

Are you dizzy all day? I suffered with dizzy spells for about a year. All the sudden it vanished and my ears have been clogged since thanksgiving and no more dizzy. I just guessed mine was inner ear. Have you tried the epley maneuver. Youtube it if you havent. Have you gone to a chiropractor for realignment of your neck?

Just now, Jgriffin said:

Are you dizzy all day? I suffered with dizzy spells for about a year. All the sudden it vanished and my ears have been clogged since thanksgiving and no more dizzy. I just guessed mine was inner ear. Have you tried the epley maneuver. Youtube it if you havent. Have you gone to a chiropractor for realignment of your neck?

My dizziness would come on about 3 times a week and last 2 hours. I'd be in the middle of a convo and then bam...in a daze

27 minutes ago, Jgriffin said:

My dizziness would come on about 3 times a week and last 2 hours. I'd be in the middle of a convo and then bam...in a daze

I have not tried that.... I did Physical Therapy for my neck and I was a bit better but I am done with that..... My dizziness is weird.... nothing really spins and I don't lose balance but I do feel like a micro second delay between my ears and eyes when I move, walk, turn my head..... it's SOOOOOO weird...... I don't even know how to explain this..... the allergist told me it was acid reflux reaching my ears ( I have really bad acid reflux).... spine surgeon said it's neck related..... Therapist says it's anxiety....... I am SO sick of this...... can't live like this any longer :(

9 minutes ago, Leah1976 said:

I have not tried that.... I did Physical Therapy for my neck and I was a bit better but I am done with that..... My dizziness is weird.... nothing really spins and I don't lose balance but I do feel like a micro second delay between my ears and eyes when I move, walk, turn my head..... it's SOOOOOO weird...... I don't even know how to explain this..... the allergist told me it was acid reflux reaching my ears ( I have really bad acid reflux).... spine surgeon said it's neck related..... Therapist says it's anxiety....... I am SO sick of this...... can't live like this any longer :(

I'm with ya. I have acid reflux bad too. I've been to several docs for many things and not one has solved any of the problems. They said allergies for me. Tried several kinds. Nothing. Never had allergies before so figuring that was just an easy answer. Have you gone to an ent

3 minutes ago, Jgriffin said:

I'm with ya. I have acid reflux bad too. I've been to several docs for many things and not one has solved any of the problems. They said allergies for me. Tried several kinds. Nothing. Never had allergies before so figuring that was just an easy answer. Have you gone to an ent

Yes I had allergy test last week so I have seasonal allergies....first visit with ENT sent me for allergy testing and sinus CT scan that I needed to do after a 10 course antibiotics.... the CT scan was ok.... my next appointment with the ENT to discuss results of CT scan and allergy testing is this coming Monday.... I am going to tell him how dizzy I am and how bad my reflux is.... I am so depressed about this... this is by far the most disrupting symptom I have ever had!

Not sure if this helps you, but I have experienced dizziness for 3-4 years now. Its intermittent, and the feeling is not like vertigo but a brief feeling of disequilibrium, similar to you feel when an elevator stop or when you get off a trampoline. Almost like the ground is moving slightly up and down briefly.

I have been to ENT, Eye doctor, Chiro, regular doctor, and Neurologist. All tests including MRI and CTs have come back clean. My regular doctor says its due to anxiety as well, same with my therapist. I even went to Vestibular rehab for it.

My advice is to see the docs and get a clean bill of health, then once everything bad is ruled out, when it happens, just reassure yourself its nothing serious and just your body/mind is tired from all the rumination.

As for the neck, I do sit at a computer most of the day so I am very mindful of taking eye breaks and doing neck stretches. I also had bad headaches, and once I started doing neck stretches and getting adjusted by a chiro, they are very rare.

I do this stretch, hope it helps:

We can go round in never ending circles, but in anxiety no explanation will satisfy us. 'What if they have missed something?' is a cry from so many. Actually dizziness in anxiety is simply explained. The inner ear, where our balance mechanism lies, is very delicate and can be more so when we are stressed. Balance is bound to be affected. Wax in the ear can cause similar problems, but that's so easily diagnosed. Sea sickness is a good example of how the brain tries to make sense of a swaying world. The balance mechanism is trying to correct something that is not correctable. Hence the  dizziness, so common in sea sickness. Having been told you are OK physically then try and accept the dizziness as just another example of the bluff anxiety can cause. It's a very unpleasant feeling but it does pass as stress lessens. I would suggest that it's one of the worse symptoms of anxiety, and one that causes more fear and apprehension than any other.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonathan123 said:

We can go round in never ending circles, but in anxiety no explanation will satisfy us.

Exactly.  You've had a bunch of tests.  If the doctor didn't feel confident in their ability to assess you based on those tests they would've done something else.  You have to fight the what-ifs.  

• Like 2

A number of years ago I was dizzy off and on everyday for 6 weeks. I went to my ENT physician who told me that sometimes the crystals in our ears shift as we age, and it takes a while for our brain to catch up with this shift, thus the dizziness. 

• Like 1

If you’re head is stuffed up and your ears feel clogged that will do it. But I know you already know that 😊.

• Like 1

Let's see what the ENT says on Monday.... I also have a follow up with my neurologist mid May....

I have know a few people suffering from chronic dizziness. They all were cured with the eply maneuver. Give it a try. It’s just a few head adjustments that clear out particles in the inner ear.

11 hours ago, clearhead said:

I have know a few people suffering from chronic dizziness. They all were cured with the eply maneuver. Give it a try. It’s just a few head adjustments that clear out particles in the inner ear.

Thanks I will try!!!!

Today I was very busy all day and didn't get dizzy..... but it looks like when I get home, I start thinking about my symptoms and I may feel them.... is this even possible??????

is this even possible??????

It's more than possible, it's a fact!!!! One of the most difficult things to understand in anxiety is that anything is possible when we begin to think negatively. Now for a thought to occur it must be in your mind already. Obviously!! If you know nothing about something how can you think about it? These days,with all these health fears going around, our minds are stuffed with the frighteners adverts. It's very subtle, but it's a good way to make you buy some remedy or go see someone.  Fear is a powerful driving force and the advertisers know it and use it. That's why Googling symptoms is so dangerous. When in an anxiety state we are very vulnerable and open to suggestion. So any negative or frightening thought will occur at any time and send us into the spiral of symptoms/fear/ anxiety/worry/ symptoms!!! Once we have been told we are ok then leave it! They do know what they are doing so leave the diagnosis to the diagnosticians.  It's so difficult  for us to grasp the idea of psychosomatic disorders. That our minds can and do do this to us is almost unbelievable at times, and that's why so many doubt their sanity. Actually the psycho (the mind) is giving messages to the somatic (the body), perfectly normal messages in the circumstances of fear and apprehension. It is saying 'danger' and your body reacts accordingly.  If you can accept the symptoms without adding fear to fear then they will gradually die down.  

• Like 1

A number of years ago a friend of mine was at work when he suddenly got so dizzy the room began to spin like a top and he fell to the floor and could not get up. An ambulance was called and he was taken to the ER at St.Josephs Medical Center here in Towson Maryland, which is an excellent regional medical center. He was given a battery of tests and it turned out to be a benign inner ear issue and a one time occurrence. The ER physician told him many cases of dizziness are caused by inner ear issues and are benign but can cause terrible symptoms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MARC said:

A number of years ago a friend of mine was at work when he suddenly got so dizzy the room began to spin like a top and he fell to the floor and could not get up. An ambulance was called and he was taken to the ER at St.Josephs Medical Center here in Towson Maryland, which is an excellent regional medical center. He was given a battery of tests and it turned out to be a benign inner ear issue and a one time occurrence. The ER physician told him many cases of dizziness are caused by inner ear issues and are benign but can cause terrible symptoms.

Thanks! My dizziness is not the spinning kind.... my ears are clogged most if the time and I feel like my ears, neck and eyes are off for like a fraction of a second when I move... it's really weird..... I hope it's due to clogged ears and I can't get them to unclogged... going to ENT tomorrow for follow up.

6 hours ago, jonathan123 said:

is this even possible??????

If you can accept the symptoms without adding fear to fear then they will gradually die down.  

thanks so much for your post, I really appreciate it..... I will try, it's just so hard :(

Hi. Leah. It's hard if you make it hard. Trying to accept with gritted teeth is not acceptance. What I mean is to let it all go. Let it happen but without adding fear to fear, that's acceptance! Struggling and fighting 'IT' is counter productive. Do nothing! Absolutely nothing! OK? Buddhist call this 'action in no action'. What I am saying is 'give in'. Yes give in but never 'give up', that's entirely different. If you give into the feelings they lose so much power over you. They feed on fear, and if you remove the fear they are starved of their natural food. It's a mistake to believe you must always be trying to do something about 'IT'. By doing nothing you are doing everything possible to help manage your anxiety. This idea of 'no action' is difficult to grasp. We in the West are always 'busy'. Our minds race and we imagine so much to our own detriment. Trees don't resist the wind, they bend with it. If they gritted their leaves and tried to stay upright they would break.  Try and take it as it comes, and no adding fear to fear.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jonathan123 said:

Hi. Leah. It's hard if you make it hard. Trying to accept with gritted teeth is not acceptance. What I mean is to let it all go. Let it happen but without adding fear to fear, that's acceptance! Struggling and fighting 'IT' is counter productive. Do nothing! Absolutely nothing! OK? Buddhist call this 'action in no action'. What I am saying is 'give in'. Yes give in but never 'give up', that's entirely different. If you give into the feelings they lose so much power over you. They feed on fear, and if you remove the fear they are starved of their natural food. It's a mistake to believe you must always be trying to do something about 'IT'. By doing nothing you are doing everything possible to help manage your anxiety. This idea of 'no action' is difficult to grasp. We in the West are always 'busy'. Our minds race and we imagine so much to our own detriment. Trees don't resist the wind, they bend with it. If they gritted their leaves and tried to stay upright they would break.  Try and take it as it comes, and no adding fear to fear.

Thanks for your words, I really appreciate it!!!

Hi guys just came back from ENT doctor.... conclusion he said dizziness is caused by my allergies.... my ears are clogged.... he looked at my ears and throat thru a tube down my nose... also did a hearing test, which was 100% normal but I do have mild Eustachian tube disfunction due to allergies, he did a specific test for this, where they measure the pressure of ears.... he put me on allergy treatment and told me to go back if needed..... hopefully I start feeling better with treatment..... 

I am glad you are OK. ENT`s are your go to physician for dizziness. 

7 hours ago, Leah1976 said:

Hi guys just came back from ENT doctor.... conclusion he said dizziness is caused by my allergies.... my ears are clogged.... he looked at my ears and throat thru a tube down my nose... also did a hearing test, which was 100% normal but I do have mild Eustachian tube disfunction due to allergies, he did a specific test for this, where they measure the pressure of ears.... he put me on allergy treatment and told me to go back if needed..... hopefully I start feeling better with treatment..... 

Awesome news. Doc said my issues were allergies and put me on flonase and it did zero. What are you on. Maybe it's something I could try

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jgriffin said:

Awesome news. Doc said my issues were allergies and put me on flonase and it did zero. What are you on. Maybe it's something I could try

I am on rhinocort... and he just gave me a new spray called azelastine.... BUt to be honest I am not sure if it's allergies completely.... I think it's a combination of allergies and acid reflux.... because this all started last september when I quit taking PPIs for my reflux.... not sure..... but I feel my ears clogged all the time and I feel in a daze most days.... I am so sick of this :(