Sign in to follow this  
Mj1

Help please😞😞😞

My throat pain is not going away. Had 2 endoscope to screen my throat looks very clear. Was put on PPI because my ENT dr thinks my throat is irritated from acid reflux. Its been a week I'm on it and still not much relief. I had GI appt on Tuesday and saw NP and she said to take PPI for 4 weeks and see if it will make difference also she looked at my throat and said its so much inflamed from either post nasal or acid reflux. I had a very terrible panic attack last night i thought it was my last night but i survived. Now when i swallow i feel discomfort in my upper chest. Has anyone had this symptoms. I don't know what to believe and who to believe. I think i am just looking someone to comfort me i know i have anxiety but i am trying to cope myself. Is it normal with anxiety to feel like my chest is closing and feels heavy. Oh also i am taking Claritin D NO told me so here i am i don't know what to do. Every time i swallow it tastes like mucus and its so gross. Please advise what should i do how to calm myself. Why do i only think about that i might have the worst illness like Cancer ughhh. 

2 minutes ago, LilyLabVA said:

Are you living in a high allergy area? My whole family has very sore throats thanks to the crazy pollen.

I live in NJ and i have never ever had allergies before 

Yep. SO many people have said "but I've never had allergies" and it's crushing them. We are in an allergy season like no other. Go on to pollen.com and put in your zip code. Then you can click on history and see how it's been super high in your area. I have "heard" so this is NOT medical advice that allergy meds can dry the throat more.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LilyLabVA said:

Yep. SO many people have said "but I've never had allergies" and it's crushing them. We are in an allergy season like no other. Go on to pollen.com and put in your zip code. Then you can click on history and see how it's been super high in your area. I have "heard" so this is NOT medical advice that allergy meds can dry the throat more.

Thanks for your respond i know that im freaking out but ill try to believe its just and allergies. Thanks so much 

3 minutes ago, Mj1 said:

Thanks for your respond i know that im freaking out but ill try to believe its just and allergies. Thanks so much 

It is absolutely possible to go from never experiencing allergies to being destroyed by them. LoL. I know, it happened to me. Never had issues with it, until the past couple of years. And especially right now, this year, I had a ton of post nasal drip recently. Doc prescribed an antihistamine and a steroid because it was so bad. This is all new to me!

11 minutes ago, bin_tenn said:

It is absolutely possible to go from never experiencing allergies to being destroyed by them. LoL. I know, it happened to me. Never had issues with it, until the past couple of years. And especially right now, this year, I had a ton of post nasal drip recently. Doc prescribed an antihistamine and a steroid because it was so bad. This is all new to me!

I was on antihistamines and stopped taking because it dried my throat so bad could not even swallow. Do you get sore throat ? 

I have never had allergies and this spring I’ve felt mild sinus issues, tickle throat and headache. Tree pollen is super high here right now. They said this will be a terrible year for allergies because lots of things will bloom together because we’ve had a colder spring than usual.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:07 AM, Mj1 said:

I was on antihistamines and stopped taking because it dried my throat so bad could not even swallow. Do you get sore throat ? 

Yes. When it starts to get bad each year, I take an OTC Claritin every day, and it seems to do okay. Not complete relief, but enough that it's less annoying.