kay19801

Help freaking out!

Recommended Posts

I have a thing about weighing myself.........

I last weighed myself on Jan 10th, weighed myself again on Apr 18th & have lost 2lbs....WTF....

Freaking out as I have not changed my eating habits nor have I eaten less.......

Please someone put my mind at ease or should I go see the Dr due to unintentional weight loss!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kay19801 said:

I have a thing about weighing myself.........

I last weighed myself on Jan 10th, weighed myself again on Apr 18th & have lost 2lbs....WTF....

Freaking out as I have not changed my eating habits nor have I eaten less.......

Please someone put my mind at ease or should I go see the Dr due to unintentional weight loss!

2 pounds in 3-4 months is not unintentional weight loss. Unintentional weight loss is more than 10% of your weight in just a few weeks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kay19801 said:

I have a thing about weighing myself.........

I last weighed myself on Jan 10th, weighed myself again on Apr 18th & have lost 2lbs....WTF....

Freaking out as I have not changed my eating habits nor have I eaten less.......

Please someone put my mind at ease or should I go see the Dr due to unintentional weight loss!

Hi!
2lbs is nothing! Everyone’s weight varies even throughout the day. 

Weight can temporarily decrease due to dehydration, exercise, illness, low-carbohydrate intake, voiding (urine and feces) and even STRESS! When I'm stressed I can lose a lot of weight.
But I'm giving you reassurance now. I know.

This is just anxiety talking. Stop giving the thoughts so much importance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My weight varies by nearly 5lbs a day- time of day, bowel movement, water retention, monthly cycle, eating etc. 2lbs is not significant at all, IMO even if it was a week apart let alone months. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LilyLabVA said:

My weight varies by nearly 5lbs a day- time of day, bowel movement, water retention, monthly cycle, eating etc. 2lbs is not significant at all, IMO even if it was a week apart let alone months. 

Thanks so much! Just hate when my mind is occupied by this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Nastasia said:

Hi!
2lbs is nothing! Everyone’s weight varies even throughout the day. 

Weight can temporarily decrease due to dehydration, exercise, illness, low-carbohydrate intake, voiding (urine and feces) and even STRESS! When I'm stressed I can lose a lot of weight.
But I'm giving you reassurance now. I know.

This is just anxiety talking. Stop giving the thoughts so much importance.

 

Thanks - you are right - need to focus on something else x

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Around 10 years ago, my daughters friend who at the time was 20,  had hodgkins lymphoma and lost 40 pounds in 3 months. He is fine now at 30. He went from 200 pounds to 160, which is a 20 percent weight loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MARC said:

Around 10 years ago, my daughters friend who at the time was 20,  had hodgkins lymphoma and lost 40 pounds in 3 months. He is fine now at 30. He went from 200 pounds to 160, which is a 20 percent weight loss. 

Pleased he is now ok.

Thanks for the reassurance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with the others. Two pounds is nothing unless you only weigh 20lbs 😂 I can gain or lose that much in a day depending on what I eat, drink and eliminate. No worry at all!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kay19801 said:

I have a thing about weighing myself.........

I last weighed myself on Jan 10th, weighed myself again on Apr 18th & have lost 2lbs....WTF....

Freaking out as I have not changed my eating habits nor have I eaten less.......

Please someone put my mind at ease or should I go see the Dr due to unintentional weight loss!

Kay, I work for weight watchers, I weigh hundreds of people every week. Your weight can fluctuate 2 lbs in 1 day. 

You are 100% fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jae said:

Kay, I work for weight watchers, I weigh hundreds of people every week. Your weight can fluctuate 2 lbs in 1 day. 

You are 100% fine.

Many thanks - I need to loose loads of weight but when I am not trying this is when it totally stops me in my tracks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier this year I had a Norovirus and I lost 6 pounds in two days, but gained it all back in time. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kay19801 said:

Many thanks - I need to loose loads of weight but when I am not trying this is when it totally stops me in my tracks!

There's a lot of very normal fluctuation, both up and down, drives our members crazy. 

If seeing those fluctuations bother yout please stay off of the scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jae said:

There's a lot of very normal fluctuation, both up and down, drives our members crazy. 

If seeing those fluctuations bother yout please stay off of the scale.

I was tempted to jump on the scales this afternoon but thought no will just fuel anxiety!

Thanks for your response 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I weighed myself yesterday and today seems another 2lbs off - really worried now - seems I have to get to the Dr's ASAP - this is driving me insane - literally! I ate loads this weekend and drank Thursday and Friday but STILL losing weight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in three months you lost another 2lb? A total of 4lb in 7 months is nothing to be concerned with. I lose weight in the summer because I am more active. I lose weight after the holidays because I’m not eating so much crap. How do you know you didn’t gain 4lbs from last July to January? Weight fluctuates, And the more you weigh the more it can fluctuate. Time of day, fluid intake, salt intake, stress, exercise, bowel habit, all can make weight different day to day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Iugrad91 said:

So in three months you lost another 2lb? A total of 4lb in 7 months is nothing to be concerned with. I lose weight in the summer because I am more active. I lose weight after the holidays because I’m not eating so much crap. How do you know you didn’t gain 4lbs from last July to January? Weight fluctuates, And the more you weigh the more it can fluctuate. Time of day, fluid intake, salt intake, stress, exercise, bowel habit, all can make weight different day to day. 

No since Jan 10th I have lost approx 10lbs - freaking out now as google says if you have lost 10lbs unintentionally within 6-12 months or 5% of your total body weight there should be reason for concern so as you can imagine I am FREAKED OUT!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weight does fluctuate, even beyond what Google says is reasonable. A while back I seemed to have lost close to ten pounds. But life was stressful, as we had bought a house and were waiting to move in. Since then, things have gone back to normal. Stress can do that to you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bin_tenn said:

Weight does fluctuate, even beyond what Google says is reasonable. A while back I seemed to have lost close to ten pounds. But life was stressful, as we had bought a house and were waiting to move in. Since then, things have gone back to normal. Stress can do that to you.

I guess so it just makes me so anxious beyond words!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you can imagine, me being in the "colon cancer" process, i weight myself like 5 times a day. In the last weeks i lost 2 pounds too. But i'm in a low fodmap diet since 2 months now, and i guess is normal to lose some weight. But still i think the main reason i lost these 2 pounds is STRESS. I am a guy who tends to lose rather than gaining weight.

 

As they told you, be concerned when you lose 10-12 pounds in a month without reason. Until then, it's all normal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Google is flat out wrong. How can they say if you lose 10lbs in 6 mo be concerned. The starting weight HAS to be taken into consideration. 10lb for a 100lb person is different than for a 180lb person or a 250lb person. If you believed google and used the 5% rule, a 10lb weight loss would be concerning if you weighed 200lb. 

I would weigh yourself once a week at the same time of day on the same scale with the same amount of clothes. Track your weight for a month and see what happens. 

Keep in mind that anxiety can cause weight loss. When my mom had a stroke I lost 12lb in two months and I only weighed 120 to start with. It all came back over time after the anxiety of her illness waned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, garypayton said:

As you can imagine, me being in the "colon cancer" process, i weight myself like 5 times a day. In the last weeks i lost 2 pounds too. But i'm in a low fodmap diet since 2 months now, and i guess is normal to lose some weight. But still i think the main reason i lost these 2 pounds is STRESS. I am a guy who tends to lose rather than gaining weight.

 

As they told you, be concerned when you lose 10-12 pounds in a month without reason. Until then, it's all normal

Thanks - weighed myself yesterday and put on 1lbs lol - its water I guess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you mistype because I see 323-320=3lb lost. Even if it were 7lb, that is a little more than 2%. Nothing to be worried about at all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iugrad91 said:

Did you mistype because I see 323-320=3lb lost. Even if it were 7lb, that is a little more than 2%. Nothing to be worried about at all! 

Well this is the thing - if you work it in KG's its a loss of 3.3kg convert that to lbs & its 7lbs - convert the weight in stones which in Jan was 23.1 but now I weigh 22.9 its 6lbs weight loss - I am thinking too much into this I know - but am I stupid and cant count lol.......very confused!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.