Sign in to follow this  
Heal

Constantly on the edge

The blunt pain on my right cheek is diminished but not going anywhere. I don't feel it when I am physically busy but it comes in and goes away triggering my HA as I have no answers to what is this pain all about and why it is happening. 

Sounds like TMJ, sinus issues or maybe from a tooth. 

The reality is that there isn't always an answer. Many things have no apparent cause, and this goes for aches and pains as well. That's just part of the human experience. As such, this is exactly why I recommend practicing acceptance, something your therapist will likely touch on. If they haven't already, and you're curious, you can certainly ask them about acceptance yourself.

My therapist and I talked a lot about acceptance over the course of three or four sessions. I already knew what acceptance was, and what it meant, but I hadn't figured out how to apply it in my individual experiences. That's where she was able to help. She was able to guide me to acceptance in my individual circumstances, based on what she gathered about me from our prior sessions.

Moreover, you could ask about what's called "radical acceptance", which is acceptance without the need for a reason of any kind. Many people lean on faith/beliefs for acceptance and getting through, but whether you are a believer or not, radical acceptance is still perfectly valid and feasible.

• Like 1