TenLettersRap

reassurance for all of you

So i've had a fairly symptom packed last 3 months. Prior to those 3 months it was nonstop headaches, vertigo type feelings, numbness in my body. the recent 3 months has been pure fatigue, dizziness, sore muscles from my legs up to my neck. I have had jaw pains,and the worst part was body wide muscle twitching. twitching in my feet, calfs, thighs, quads, buttocks, back, stomach, then a few days ago in my lips, face and tongue. My nose and head would twitch even. i had twitches i could feel and even ones i could only see but not feel. i've been off balance had tinnitis, felt like i had arthritis in my hands (still kind of do). i started feeling burning feeling in my feet, legs hands and bottom lip. I was a mess telling myself all day every day that im going to die. telling my family i might die. i was even crying trying to explain to my children that i might not always be here and not because i dont want to but because life just doesnt always work out the way we plan. I was afraid i had als or ms or some serious neurological issue. my initial neuro visit he said no way i have anything like ALS or MS but sent me for bloodwork and scheduled a nerve conduction  just to be sure. I still didnt believe him because my body was fooling me into thinking otherwise. so i went on worrying myself, trying to google the right answers obsessively, daily, non stop. I would wake up at night sometimes and google things. i did my nerve test and had to wait 2 more weeks until yesterday to recieve the breakdown of the results.. im in there crying waiting to hear that im going to be dying. Dr walks in and says "ok lets go over these test results". my Heart rate was 120 when i got there, surely higher by this time. He then says you only have minor abnormalities and he shows me the numbers and all my limbs are just barely slower than normal with my right hand( my dominant carpenters hand) being the worst. He says i want to do more labs to test for neuropathy. i said "is that going to kill me?". He chuckles and says Nooo. and right THEN i felt free. And now here i am a day later and already im up doing things, still sore but not feeling like i need to lay in bed all day. i barely notice my twitching and a lot of the major twitching has already started to become less frequent. My lips and face stopped twitching. my tongue stopped feeling numb and twitching. my arms havent twitched as much.  i know its going to take time to relax from all this and get my strength back but the difference in just one night of knowing that im simply not dying has already alleviated so much. 

i was a person who always thought i wasnt susceptible to anxiety or anxiety attacks and now that i look back the anxiety attacks i had werent like the ones i've seen others have, mine were more kept to myself i didnt cry or freak out publicly or at others. i just felt like i needed to go home and felt dizzy and uneasy, and i would get a little bit irritable if i couldnt get home so i could relax myself and this is where i now see a lot of my anxiety and health anxiety started to manifest into serious physical symptoms and pain. 

I just want to say that if i can conjur up so much hurt on myself like this even when i didnt believe i could...it can happen to anyone at any level of severity and beyond because i was getting worse...i was slipping away, a victim of my own mind... so please people... understand that it is possible to have serious symptoms just from Anxiety. I love you all even if i dont know you. Im just more humble now that i can understand something like anxiety from a personal level and not just from the outside looking in..This has been a real eye opener and i can respect the beast within and learn to tame it rather than fight with it. Goodluck to all fighting their beast and i hope some if not all of you can get some solace from this post. Have a good day everyone and i'll be around here to give advice if i can... but believe in yourselves.

• Like 5

This is a wonderful post.  Thanks for keeping us updated.  I needed to see something like this today as I fight constantly to keep from melting down from some sensations I just can’t get rid of.  

Ill start a thread soon to share.  

Health anxiety is a complete monster and I’m working on taming it.  I’m so glad I found this place.

Good luck on your continued progress.

39 minutes ago, MM81 said:

This is a wonderful post.  Thanks for keeping us updated.  I needed to see something like this today as I fight constantly to keep from melting down from some sensations I just can’t get rid of.  

Ill start a thread soon to share.  

Health anxiety is a complete monster and I’m working on taming it.  I’m so glad I found this place.

Good luck on your continued progress.

Thank you and Good Luck getting a grip on the rope of the anxiety bull we all ride. 

Congrats Ten! Many of us old timers knew you were battling anxiety, not a neuro nasty, but we also know from experience that while we are a like minded community, HA is a lonely, very private road.  You finally came out the other side and hopefully in the future, when you have symptoms, especially similar ones, you’ll use these past months as a hard earned lesson, and accept that your mind is being the enemy, not your body.

Bob 

• Like 1

Hey bro went through all same stuff as you for 4 months now finally starting to feel better after all this time really does take time 

2 hours ago, Leah1976 said:

I am glad you are ok! Cheers!!

im much better but im not 100% and dont know if or when i will be, but im keeping on. i do have nerve issues that may be work related but its not going to end my life according to my neurologist.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TenLettersRap said:

im much better but im not 100% and dont know if or when i will be, but im keeping on. i do have nerve issues that may be work related but its not going to end my life according to my neurologist.

I do have a bunch of weird stuff.... twitching, tingly sensations.... headaches.... just went to neuro last week and he wasn't concerned at all. Anxiety can cause all kids of weird symptoms... also our bodies can just be noisy and we need to accept that as normal. Good luck and I hope you keep on improving!!

This post made me cry. 

I am in a world of worry and pain. I have experienced all of the symptoms you said and am consumed by fear of ALS. I have a 1 year old daughter and I man terrified I won’t be around. Your post gives me hope. I twitch all over, ache like mad from the smallest bit of exercise and and always exhausted. Thank you for your post