Sign in to follow this  
thereal_me

How has anxiety kicked your butt?

This is a message that goes to people who have had muscle problems, aches/pains, weakness, etc. As a result of anxiety or made worse by it. 

Did you have muscle issues that were caused or worsened by anxiety? What uncles were affected and how long did it last? 
Anything specific you did to recover from it?

Yes, often. Anxiety causes chronic muscle tension, which leads to sore/strained muscles. Probably makes one more prone to muscle injury during physical activity as well. I've heard from a number of chronic anxiety sufferers that deep tissue massages can really make a difference. I personally just like to do some good stretches and walk it off.

My arms for a period would get twitches, or my arms would jerk. I remember specifically one day we’re i was walking home and I kept gettin these spasms in my arms, I was thinking the worst (big surprise there, haha) and I went to the hospital. They tell me I have nothing wrong except that my muscles are so tense. They wanted to give me muscle relaxers, but I couldn’t take that stuff because I had a child under two who they said if I took the med. I would not be able to here him. So the next best thing I did. I took baths/showers with Epson Salt, lavender or eucalyptus scented. I started working on my anxiety, I was put on Prozac, and after about a few weeks I noticed the twitching was gone. 

Legs twitching. I do this nervous "restless leg" thing where I shake my legs back and forth while lying in bed and reading before going to sleep. As a result, my muscles twitch like wild feeling like thousands of worms crawling under my skin. So I have to shake my legs again till exhaustion just to get to sleep.