Sign in to follow this  
Vandelsrock21

Anyone want talk about gums?

What's up guys. I have some pale colored gums right below the teeth below the gum line. It's not really white. I went and seen a ent a couple months ago and nothing was said. I am curious if this is more common than I think. Anyone else notice this. I don't need a another freak out episode. Someone has got to have it too. Lol

Is the lightness just around where the teeth and gums meet? As far as I know that's normal. Even if not, I don't think it sounds concerning at all. At the very worst, I think anemia can lead to pale gums, but I think 1) it would be more noticeable/widespread, and 2) you would likely have other symptoms.

It could be dehydration. Try drinking more water and see if it improves. Otherwise it could be oral thrush, which is fairly common and easy to take care of. 

• Like 1

It could also just be a natural change, everyone is different, after all. If your ENT didn’t say anything it’s most likely nothing :) 

1 hour ago, Bella P said:

It could be dehydration. Try drinking more water and see if it improves. Otherwise it could be oral thrush, which is fairly common and easy to take care of. 

Good call! I didn't think about dehydration, but I've heard that's a common cause of this as well.

• Like 1

Ya but the paleness goes down further. Of course with ha I think its gum cancer even though I doubt that in reality is the issue but nonetheless here I am. Ya ent and dentist a couple months ago.

8 hours ago, Vandelsrock21 said:

Ya but the paleness goes down further. Of course with ha I think its gum cancer even though I doubt that in reality is the issue but nonetheless here I am. Ya ent and dentist a couple months ago.

I'd be quite perplexed if it were cancer, honestly.