BrightPhoenix

Anyone with MS and/or went through MS tests that can share their experiences with us?

I guess I could post an update. After seeing my neurologist 2 weeks ago he didn't really seem to be concerned however he did want me to wear a holter monitor to check for the reasoning behind my random skipped beats that he discovered during my exam. the office called yesterday and I can only speak to a nurse and she just said my results were "borderline." I literally have no idea what that means but the results are being sent to my GP so I will wait until they have something to say about it. As for the tingles they have subsided substantially however the last two days I have a new twitch on the top of my right foot. Never got a switch there before so of course now my mind wanders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Concerned-pa said:

I guess I could post an update. After seeing my neurologist 2 weeks ago he didn't really seem to be concerned however he did want me to wear a holter monitor to check for the reasoning behind my random skipped beats that he discovered during my exam. the office called yesterday and I can only speak to a nurse and she just said my results were "borderline." I literally have no idea what that means but the results are being sent to my GP so I will wait until they have something to say about it. As for the tingles they have subsided substantially however the last two days I have a new twitch on the top of my right foot. Never got a switch there before so of course now my mind wanders.

I was thinking about you. Well wishes

8 hours ago, Concerned-pa said:

That's part of why I posted, since I too was thinking of you.

I've been getting a lot twitches around my leg and around my feet myself and I know how you feel.  My rheumetologist told me what's causing it (it's a condition that affects people ages 18-40 quite often and is treatable) but it's causing some issues with my walking that I have to take care of - something to do with my knees - it's probably imbalancing all the stuff around it and hence why I'm getting the twitches.

I know how you feel.  It's kind of an endless cycle of symptoms - I feel like I'm dragging myself through the past few months and I very much want to feel "normal" again.  We're not getting any younger!

Anyway, I hope the rest of you who read this thread are doing better.  I'm definitely going to be seeking a therapist - gotta cut this feedback loop.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 10:20 PM, BrightPhoenix said:

sigh, health anxiety never wants to go away does it.  It just always stays on the sidelines ready to taunt you when you think you've escaped it.

Well, it has to be treated just like if we had MS or something else. If we would take it as serious as a physical disease and there wasn't so much stigma, shame and nervousness around having a mental condition we would be in much better shape. Just my two cents. Anxiety and HA does not go away on it's on. It's possible to suppress it ( I would NOT recommend that), or not have a flare up for a while but if left untreated it's like any disease in my humble opinion.

Plz don't jump to the next thing, urine, kidneys, etc. You are being tricked cause your anxiety is not being treated properly. 

I wish you the best and I know if you put the effort in, in treating your disorder instead of using that precious energy to feed into anxiety, it would so great for you 😄

• Like 1