Sign in to follow this  
KG421

Fluid In Ear

Hi Everyone,

Nearly 3 weeks ago, I very suddenly felt fullness/pressure and ringing in my right ear. I’ve experienced this before and decided to just deal with it and wait for it to go away. I have very small ear canals for an adult and my right canal is significantly smaller than my left. Within a week I started having jaw pain right below my ear. I decided that was probably pretty normal as well. Fast forward to this week. I still have fullness/pressure and ringing in my ear, jaw pain that radiates across my top gum line, sinus pain, neck and shoulder tension, headache(3 migraines in 4 days), dizziness, nausea and mild diarrhea. I went to my doctor a couple of days ago who told me I have some fluid in my ear but it wasn’t infected. She prescribed me Amoxicillin anyway and told me to let her know if things don’t improve in a week. I’m freaking out because I’m traveling next week and don’t want to feel like this on vacation and if things don’t improve, there won’t be time to do any testing before I leave. I’ve had the urge to go to the ER the past 3 nights. I feel like my head is going to explode from pressure. I was concerned about having a stroke but my doctor said that wasn’t likely. Is it possible this is all anxiety related? Does fluid in the ear go away on its own? Im seeing a dentist tomorrow to rule out anything with my teeth that could be causing this and I’m seeing my chiropractor the day after to see if he can do anything. I just want to get through and enjoy my trip!

Chiropractic adjustment may be able to release the fluid. I have small canals too and often feel fluid filled or air filled even when there is nothing there. 

Anxiety can make the ears feel full even when they are not so it could be fading off but your ' mind' refuses to believe it.

Thanks for the reply! I’m hoping my Chiropractor will be able to help. I feel like this HAS to be figured out before I get on a plane next week. The stress of that kind of thinking is definitely not helping!