BejeweledMexican

Infected Wisdom Tooth

Yay, my wisdom tooth is infected 🙄 I'm normally a super anxious person but today, thankfully, my anxiety isn't SUPER high....but it is high. Basically I got 3 of my wisdom teeth taken out last July but they couldn't get the last one out because I had a panic attack. They said the tooth wasn't that bad and to just watch it and take it out once it causes problems. I haven't had a problem with it but yesterday the gums around it started hurting and I noticed that my lymph node is swollen and next to the tooth, on the floor of my mouth, is a big huge bump. I'm trying not think oral cancer since none of this was there the day before but I do know that something is wrong. 

Of course my dentist is closed on Wednesdays but I'm a bit of an anxious mess and not sure what to do. I don't want the infection to spread to my brain or my heart, which I've heard can happen quickly. My friend at work recommended using something called the tea bag method which can help pull the infection out but I haven't tried it or heard of it before....does this ring a bell to anyone?

I did gargle with salt water last night but woke up this morning and it felt worse so I took an ibuprofen. I just need some help. My tooth is decayed....I can't go to the dentist today....help lol 

Update for those reading bahaha I can't get into the dentist till tomorrow but I have an amazing dentist and he's prescribing me an antibiotic even though he doesn't know if it's infected or not. I'm going to guess that it is but I can't be sure either. So second question....nothing bad is going to happen if it's not, right?

Take the antibiotic so you can kick out any infection that may be there. It does sound like infection is likely, but no way to know for sure without your dentist's physical evaluation. You'll be fine.

9 minutes ago, bin_tenn said:

Take the antibiotic so you can kick out any infection that may be there. It does sound like infection is likely, but no way to know for sure without your dentist's physical evaluation. You'll be fine.

Thanks bin_tenn, you words are always encouraging to me, I'm honestly less worried about the infection and more worried about getting the last tooth taken out. Anyone who knows me knows that dying from getting my wisdom teeth out is oddly one of my biggest fears. I should have had it taken out when the other three were taken out but unfortunately they didn't take it out because I had a panic attack. Hopefully this infection will just go away with the antibiotics and whenever the surgery is done it will be quick and easy and I'll finally be wisdom teeth free lol