Sign in to follow this  
bin_tenn

(UPDATED) Really rough few days :(

Recommended Posts

I really hate being sick! I don't get sick very often, and when I do, it's usually nothing more than a cold. My son was here this weekend, and he was running a fever Saturday and Sunday. Now pretty much everyone in the house has it. My gf and I both have been in bed for most of the day today.

I woke up overnight feeling terrible. It had to be at least 5am, or so I thought. Instead, it was 12:15am. I woke up sweaty as could be, with my whole body aching like crazy. I didn't want to move. I also had a little bit of a cough. This is so rough!

We were convinced it was the flu. Gf went to the doctor this morning, however, and both strep and flu tests came back negative. I guess that's a good thing! Haha. Apparently it's just some virus that can mimic the flu, but it doesn't last as long. A few days or so, at the most. We've both been running slightly elevated temps, consistently around 100°F. We haven't taken anything for that though because we'd rather let it run its course, and that's not high enough to take anything, really.

I vomited this morning, because my stomach was hurting bad. I think I was actually just so hungry though. I've been sipping water, and a while ago I finally ate, a handful of animal crackers. No worries.

Being sick is the worst when you're not used to it. :( This is why I haven't really been around lately. It started over the weekend, Saturday I think. Got bad last night / this morning. I THINK I'm feeling better this afternoon. Gf seems to be feeling better, too. None of the kids are running fevers anymore, which is awesome. This virus is something else though! It went through all of us very quickly!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you’re all feeling a bit better! Rest and fluids until you recover and clean everything with Clorox wipes when you’re up to it 😛

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel better soon, my whole family went thru it last month. it's very bad! BUT this will pass quickly, try to rest as much as you can!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry you've got the bug Bin, I had it last year and was shocked how bad I felt. 

I was on the couch 5 days and it took about another week and a half before I felt normal,  it's nasty business but you'll be ok. 

Got any favorite TV shows?  Good time to binge watch them. I watched hours and hours of The Incredible Dr Pol lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, everyone! I feel like I'll probably feel noticeably better tomorrow. As long as I get some solid sleep tonight, I should be good. My temp is back up a bit this evening around 99.8°F, but that happens at night, fever spikes. If it hits maybe 100 at night, I think tomorrow will be better. :D

47 minutes ago, Leah1976 said:

Feel better soon, my whole family went thru it last month. it's very bad! BUT this will pass quickly, try to rest as much as you can!

Yep, same here, pretty much the whole family has it! Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Jae said:

So sorry you've got the bug Bin, I had it last year and was shocked how bad I felt. 

I was on the couch 5 days and it took about another week and a half before I felt normal,  it's nasty business but you'll be ok. 

Got any favorite TV shows?  Good time to binge watch them. I watched hours and hours of The Incredible Dr Pol lol. 

Yikes! I've only really been down for a day and a half so far, so hopefully not much longer. Haha. It's hard to just take care of myself though because two of the kids have it. :( Luckily they're feeling much better this evening. I was on the couch for a couple hours or so watching King Of The Hill. :D thank you, @Jae!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bin_tenn said:

Thanks, everyone! I feel like I'll probably feel noticeably better tomorrow. As long as I get some solid sleep tonight, I should be good. My temp is back up a bit this evening around 99.8°F, but that happens at night, fever spikes. If it hits maybe 100 at night, I think tomorrow will be better. :D

Yep, same here, pretty much the whole family has it! Thanks!

Yikes! I've only really been down for a day and a half so far, so hopefully not much longer. Haha. It's hard to just take care of myself though because two of the kids have it. :( Luckily they're feeling much better this evening. I was on the couch for a couple hours or so watching King Of The Hill. :D thank you, @Jae!

It may leave you MUCH quicker than it did me Bin, I just want you to know if it hangs around, it's par for the course and you'll be ok 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jae said:

It may leave you MUCH quicker than it did me Bin, I just want you to know if it hangs around, it's par for the course and you'll be ok 🙂

Haha right, I get it! I'm just a big baby when it comes to being sick because it's quite rare for me. 😛

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am rarely sick and when I'm a ' little' sick I always ' feel' like it's awful, the worst. But if I use logic, I know it's not too bad. Like a fever of 99.5 and I think I'm on death's door. I think we are all hyper aware of all our body symptoms and a slight bit of sick does more a number on our heads than our bodies.   I take tons of vitamins and minerals and don't get sick often. That  may be another thing is I'm not very accustomed to how sick bugs feel anymore.  So when I get hit with one, even small, it seems really bad. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get well!  I know how you feel - I rarely get sick either, so when I get sick at all, it feels so WRONG, compared to how it did when I got sick more often, when it was like "Oh, this again.  Yay."

Stay hydrated and try to enjoy the excuse to be lazy!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JOYCICLE said:

I am rarely sick and when I'm a ' little' sick I always ' feel' like it's awful, the worst. But if I use logic, I know it's not too bad. Like a fever of 99.5 and I think I'm on death's door. I think we are all hyper aware of all our body symptoms and a slight bit of sick does more a number on our heads than our bodies.   I take tons of vitamins and minerals and don't get sick often. That  may be another thing is I'm not very accustomed to how sick bugs feel anymore.  So when I get hit with one, even small, it seems really bad. 

 

😂 Yep, that's exactly it. Haha. It doesn't bother me as far as anxiety goes, I just hate how it feels. Even if it's a simple cold, I'll mostly just lay around and not do anything at all.

10 hours ago, mollyfin said:

Get well!  I know how you feel - I rarely get sick either, so when I get sick at all, it feels so WRONG, compared to how it did when I got sick more often, when it was like "Oh, this again.  Yay."

Stay hydrated and try to enjoy the excuse to be lazy!

I was sick often enough as a kid that it didn't bother me, like you said. But it definitely does feel so wrong when I'm sick now. -_- Thanks! I'm definitely trying to stay hydrated, I can tell I'm a little more on the dehydrated side.

8 hours ago, Nutmegbella said:

Awe hope you and your family get better soon. Throw back a few shots of tequila or vodka and you’ll feel better faster lol. 

LoL, I wish! I don't drink at all though. 😛 Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost started a new thread because I couldn't find this one. Haha. I'm feeling SO much better now. The debilitating illness was gone by Wednesday, but I had awful nasal congestion and a bit of a cough. I figured it'd go away. However, I still had it yesterday. Last night I took some daytime Mucinex Sinus and it did the trick. Not feeling quite 100% yet, but very close to it, it just takes time to get appetite and all that back.

Thanks for the well wishes. :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this