Sign in to follow this  
Nadine87

Laser pointer like light in vision? Anyone get these?

I was walking and was looking at my feet and I saw a laser pointer like light (but whitish) dancing about next to my feet for a split second . As soon as i moved or blinked or whatever it was gone. Like it was not in my peripheral either, and it genuinely looked real...not like a camera flash or anything. I couldn't find the source when I backtracked...so i assume it was a hallucination. 
Curious if anyone else experiences this lol. Sorry such a odd question.

I see what I call shooting stars. They are white little spots that will move across my vision or dance in my peripheral. 

2 hours ago, Shanowl80 said:

I see what I call shooting stars. They are white little spots that will move across my vision or dance in my peripheral. 

Not sure if it is this...but might be! :). The only way i can describe mine is..as if someone was zig zagging a blue laser pointer on the ground for a second. I saw it in my direct field of view too. 

Something to do with stimulation of the retina?  I can't remember the exact reason, but everyone gets those.  No need to worry.

Right Molly.

Eye strains. Any time you see something like that look back at the last little bit and see what you've been doing.  

I got something similar a few weeks back and it was after I had been out in bright sunlight and squinting really hard for a few minutes. Then when I got into normal vision my eyes were tired but  just for a minute or two. 

30 minutes ago, JOYCICLE said:

Right Molly.

Eye strains. Any time you see something like that look back at the last little bit and see what you've been doing.  

I got something similar a few weeks back and it was after I had been out in bright sunlight and squinting really hard for a few minutes. Then when I got into normal vision my eyes were tired but  just for a minute or two. 

I was eating dinner in a cafeteria. I was indoors for probably an hour (low light). I stood up, started walking and was look in at my feet. After about 1 minute of looking at my feet, a definitive laser point squiggled across my toes. I was looking directly at it. I looked above my head and sides to see where it came from...nothing.

15 hours ago, Nadine87 said:

I was eating dinner in a cafeteria. I was indoors for probably an hour (low light). I stood up, started walking and was look in at my feet. After about 1 minute of looking at my feet, a definitive laser point squiggled across my toes. I was looking directly at it. I looked above my head and sides to see where it came from...nothing.

Can I ask why you looked at your feet for a full minute while standing up ? 

Also to note: This morning I had some odd phenom. I woke up around 9am. My room is 'relatively' dim (I have a shade covering 3/4 of the window in here)....so there is some light in here..albeit, not a ton. 

Anyway, back to point. I woke up and noticed some super black static in my vision. Just...a ton of black particles not staying still or zooming across my vision. My ceiling looked textured as a result. I looked at the wall next to me and saw the same thing...just tons of tiny black particles...and tons popping up as 'flys' in my peripheral or blobs and then disappear when looked at. I am still sitting in this room 30 min later and the snow has died down probably 80% (also. I don't see it when on my phone) but I still get random black orbs in my peripheral.

6 minutes ago, JOYCICLE said:

Can I ask why you looked at your feet for a full minute while standing up ? 

Tandem walking out of boredom.

Here is a super great thread to read for anyone with any kind of health anxiety issue.  I recommend printing it out or at least printing out a copy of the ones that relate most to each of us.  

Sight (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with sight)

• Distorted, foggy, or blurred vision
  • Dry, watery or itchy eyes
  • Eye tricks, seeing things our of the corner of your eye that isn’t there, stars, flashes
  • Eyes sensitive to light
  • Spots in the vision
  • Flashing lights when eyes are closed
  • Your depth perception feels wrong

I would get an eye dr to check your regular vision and once you know it's all clear, you can chalk up all of it to anxiety symptoms.

1 hour ago, Nadine87 said:

Also to note: This morning I had some odd phenom. I woke up around 9am. My room is 'relatively' dim (I have a shade covering 3/4 of the window in here)....so there is some light in here..albeit, not a ton. 

Anyway, back to point. I woke up and noticed some super black static in my vision. Just...a ton of black particles not staying still or zooming across my vision. My ceiling looked textured as a result. I looked at the wall next to me and saw the same thing...just tons of tiny black particles...and tons popping up as 'flys' in my peripheral or blobs and then disappear when looked at. I am still sitting in this room 30 min later and the snow has died down probably 80% (also. I don't see it when on my phone) but I still get random black orbs in my peripheral.

Also normal.  First noticed those when I was a small child and was freaked the heck out by it, but my mom was like "oh everyone has that." While I can't speak for literally everyone, I assure you aside from it being vaguely annoying at times, no further problems came of it.  I mean, I have terrible eyesight, but I suspect that's unrelated.  

• Like 1

That makes sense Molly. I will have to keep that in mind. It is probably something most people get but I am just tuning in to notice.

I had another thing happen last night. I woke up in the middle of the night and as soon as i opened my eyes, I saw a solid GREEN blob in my direct vision. It was almost identical to the 'laser pointer' situation I had happen 2 days ago when fully awake and in light. It completely disappeared after a second. I was so tired i decided to worry about the coincidence later. 

I don't remember ever seeing things waking up.. but it seems kinda routine lately. My vision, mind you..is excellent, couple that with my age (30) and I don't think degeneration of the eye seems logical. 

Again, nothing about this sounds weird to me, but my eyes do every weird thing eyes can do,  I think.  Still as long as your vision is okay I doubt there's anything to worry about.