BejeweledMexican

Missed Period

So I'm officially 11 days late. I'm starting to think crazy haha I was trying to think rationally before- 'You're not pregnant. You may not have even been fertile, you didn't even have p in the v, when he came it shot onto your head' blah, blah, blah.......(sorry for the graphic images lol maybe that was TMI)

And yet here I sit.....11 days late. The most I've ever been is 10. I thought for sure I was going to start the other day because my acne got really bad but then nothing came. I feel normal, the only thing that's weird is my lightheadedness and dizziness but I get that with sinus. I'm trying not to freak out. I know this probably isn't something that hypochondriacs deal with, obviously I would know....I am one lol but at the same time as a hypo I know my body so well and I know I'm rarely ever late and if I am it's like 2-3 days, not 11. 

Thoughts????

I know how miserable the wait is, would you consider charting your basal temperatures ? They will tell you what you ovulate and when to expect your period. 

3 minutes ago, Jae said:

I know how miserable the wait is, would you consider charting your basal temperatures ? They will tell you what you ovulate and when to expect your period. 

This may be a really stupid question but what is a basal temperature and how do you measure it? I'm literally like not schooled at all in women's health vocab lol 

It’s taking your temp first thing in the morning before you even get out of bed, usually using a digital thermometer under the tongue. Like wake up, pick up the thermometer and take your temp while you’re still laying down. I did this when we were trying to get pregnant as it can tell you when you have ovulated and when your period is about to start. Your basal temp will rise 0.5-1 degree the day after you ovulate and will stay that way until your period starts. Now there are apps you can use to track it.

38 minutes ago, Iugrad91 said:

It’s taking your temp first thing in the morning before you even get out of bed, usually using a digital thermometer under the tongue. Like wake up, pick up the thermometer and take your temp while you’re still laying down. I did this when we were trying to get pregnant as it can tell you when you have ovulated and when your period is about to start. Your basal temp will rise 0.5-1 degree the day after you ovulate and will stay that way until your period starts. Now there are apps you can use to track it.

This is a very interesting idea! I think I'll have to start doing that! Thank you so much for the tip!

38 minutes ago, NervUs said:

If you are 11 days late, take a test. Question answered.

I wish it were that easy! But then it's game over. It's real. It's happening. Life is over at that point lol at least for the next 18 years. I'm trying to think positively, plus my boyfriend is like 'don't take the test until we're together' but he doesn't get off work until this weekend and I'm like 'UGH!!!!' But thanks for the tip, I definitely have thought about it. 

1 hour ago, BejeweledMexican said:

I wish it were that easy! But then it's game over. It's real. It's happening. Life is over at that point lol at least for the next 18 years. I'm trying to think positively, plus my boyfriend is like 'don't take the test until we're together' but he doesn't get off work until this weekend and I'm like 'UGH!!!!' But thanks for the tip, I definitely have thought about it. 

I would take the test as well...and you know what? I doubt you are preggers...I mean, it would have to go in the Guinness World Record books if you were...seriously...but that way, it's just all over and done and you can rest...and once you get the all clear that you're not, you'll get your period. Stress can keep a period away.

And by the way, if you were, (but your not) life would be terrific. Babies are a joy and a gift....but you're not.

2 hours ago, BejeweledMexican said:

This is a very interesting idea! I think I'll have to start doing that! Thank you so much for the tip!

Sorry for the delay in responding I was at work. 

Let me start off by saying you're not pregnant, unless you did a WHOLE lot more then you told us. 

If you're interested, there are free websites and I think apps wheRe you can chart your basal temperatures. 

You'll need a basal themp thermometer. I got mine at a drug store, it was $10. Leave the thermometer right by your bed, as soon as you wake up, don't even lift your head, grab the thermometer and take your temp. Chart that temperature. You'll see a graph appear.... low temp before ovulation, a big spike when you ovulate and a big drop when your period is about to start. It's fascinating how accurate it is. 

When I started perimenopause and my periods were all over the place charting saved my sanity. I only wished I knew about it in my early years I went through what you're going through right now so many times and it's miserable. 

Missing a period can be due to things that aren’t pregnancy. Stress can cause you to miss a period as can nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, some medicines among other things. Sometimes your body just skips your period for no reason, too, the human body is strange. 

Thanks y'all for the replies, knowledge, and so forth. 

First off....Penny Panic....I do believe that babies are absolutely precious and a wonderful gift, I'm excited to one day have my own where I can give them a life full of love, never having to worry about money, etc. Unfortunately right now I'm not in that position financially, I can't even get a place of my own due to student loan debt....sucks but it is what it is. I just wanted to clear that up. So maybe I'm not a joy or a gift to you 🤣 but I wanted to clear up the thought that may be going through your head about me hating babies or something like that....I don't lol I promise you. 

Second, I took myself to the store today to buy a pregnancy test. I got home shaking, crying, and near panic attack. I couldn't take it. I just couldn't. I woke up this morning feeling great. I told myself I wasn't pregnant but here I am freaking out still. Plus, if i'm not pregnant then why didn't I have a period?!?!

Me and my boyfriend keep going through the situation over an over again and each time we come out saying, 'There's no way I'm pregnant' but then we think of the 0.0001% chance and we start to get worried all over again. I know I'm crazy. I'm a hypochondriac, I shouldn't be freaking out about pregnancy....yet here I am. I guess I just freak out about everything lol 

Thanks for all the support guys! If I ever am brave enough to take the test I'll let you know!  

54 minutes ago, BejeweledMexican said:

if i'm not pregnant then why didn't I have a period?!?

See? A basal temperature chart would give you this answer. Your period is dictated by when you ovulate. Looks at this moment like you either ovulated very late or maybe not yet. 

You can also check cervical mucus, the clear egg white (sorry) is approaching ovulation or the day of ovulation. It ends abruptly when ovulation has occurred. 

On 2/13/2019 at 6:02 PM, NervUs said:

Just take the test!!!!!

I've taken two now, both came out negative but I can't shake the worry. I was comforted for about a day when I took the first one and then my boobs got really sore, that has since faded for the most part, and then I took one this past weekend and it was also negative. I was so relieved again....then I woke up this morning and my jeans were tight. I'm trying not to freak out but then I think about all the reasons why it could have been negative. Maybe I peed on it too long. Maybe it wouldn't show results since it was less than a month ago. Maybe the test was defective. Someone needs to tell me I'm crazy. My boyfriend is confident now, after two tests, that I'm not pregnant, but I feel fatter lol and I'm tired and my boobs were sore. I told him that since I've had this fear before it's always been resolved by having my period show up. This time there's no period. I don't know why there's no period. I've never not had a period! AHHHHHH Help. lol 

What are normal PMS symptoms for you?  Bloating and pain are pretty common for a lot of people; any chance that could be it?  

Well......the facts are, you did not have penetration and you got two negative pregnancy tests. Sure, it's possible that you bought two faulty pregnancy tests that failed to pick up a divine conception 🙂 It's also possible that you are not pregnant. I am placing my bets on #2.  Pretty sure 11 days late is a long enough time for any test to pick up a pregnancy.

If it doesn't start soon, you can always make a GYN appt. There are meds you can take to jumpstart a period (provera). 

5 minutes ago, mollyfin said:

What are normal PMS symptoms for you?  Bloating and pain are pretty common for a lot of people; any chance that could be it?  

Well my symptoms tend to be acne, bloating, and breast pain but they don't always happen. Sometimes I'm extremely emotional. I don't feel bloated and my acne isn't bad. However, I was super emotional the other day but now I'm fine lol it's all just a hot mess guys. I'm a hot mess. Thank you all for the encouragement for this crazy girl. I guess I'll just have to wait. I mean, I'm officially 17 days late. That's messed up. 

My boyfriend is convinced I have a thyroid issue. What are your thoughts on that? Does anyone have this issue?