Daisymae

Anxiety in the morning

Anyone else have anxiety in the morning? Seems like it’s the worst part of my day. My head swims with all the things that could be wrong and the panic just starts to build. 

47 minutes ago, Daisymae said:

Anyone else have anxiety in the morning? Seems like it’s the worst part of my day. My head swims with all the things that could be wrong and the panic just starts to build. 

Most definetly, especially as soon as I step into work. Honestly it even starts as soon as I hit the shower because I worry about finding something like on my breasts or something like that. YOU. ARE. NOT. ALONE. We're all in this together. Are you able to seek counseling or anything like that may help?

• Like 1

No counseling, that is why I come here. First thing I do when I get up is take my Natural Calm cause sometimes when I get up I am shaky and in panic mode. 

My left ear was plugged today and ringing and then I started to wonder all kinds of things like I have a brain tumor, anyurism, blah blah bla....uggg 

19 minutes ago, Daisymae said:

No counseling, that is why I come here. First thing I do when I get up is take my Natural Calm cause sometimes when I get up I am shaky and in panic mode. 

My left ear was plugged today and ringing and then I started to wonder all kinds of things like I have a brain tumor, anyurism, blah blah bla....uggg 

You literally sound exactly like me with the ear thing. I started counseling back when I first had health anxiety and it was so helpful! I didn't think I needed it but I was quickly going downhill. I've been without counseling for about 3 years and just recently started an online counseling because my anxiety was getting bad again. And here we are again....it's helping so much. I would look into it! I know you can succeed without one but it's so much nicer to have someone walk alongside you through the journey and cheering you on every step of the way! 

Anxiety is an energy. Picture it as ' hyperactivity'.  We feel fidgety like we need to move. The morning is the time when our body is naturally ready to move the most because it's been dormant and not moving for several hours. I used to have very horrible mornings and still sometimes they creep on me.  It's important to move around in the morning. The afternoons and evenings are easier because we've been naturally moving around all day using energy, walking, showering, working, cleaning, errands, chores, etc. , even if it's not ' exercise' we get a lot of moving done in the day and it naturally satisfies the body's need to move.  

Hang in there!!!  ;) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daisymae said:

My insurance doesn’t cover that. But talking to others like this does help.

My insurance doesn't cover it either, so I completely understand! It's rough to find a counselor who you trust and who can help you, I get that too. I'm not saying counseling is a must but I know that counseling definitely helps! I love this site too but sometimes it is really nice to have professional help. 

IF, and this is only if you want to, again, not saying you have to, you can always do online counseling like I do. I love it and it's a whole lot cheaper than having one session at a time paying around $100 a session. My online counseling is $35 a week, I can message my counselor anytime through a messenger and I can schedule video sessions with her. It's just an option, I love it and it's a whole lot cheaper than normal counseling. I'm poor lol but I can cut out certain things like coffee in the morning in order to do something that will ultimately benefit my heath and well being.

Now, I'm no counselor lol but if you ever need someone to message feel free to private message me. We're all in this together! 

• Like 1

I kept waking up early (5-6 hours of sleep) with intense mental and physical anxiety and feelings of doom for over 6 months, and resolved it by taking lots of electrolytes. I felt better within days. Pedialyte is a popular brand but has lots of sugar, Tippy Toes is a rival brand and I'm guessing other brands and the powders could work too. I'm not sure if it was a specific ingredient or not. This is after having gone to various doctors and tried all kinds of supplements, and nothing worked up until the electrolytes. Maybe this will help someone else.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, Daisymae said:

Normally wake up in the morning and look at a symptom on Internet or think what symptom am I going to have today. The day goes from there then. Arghhh

• Like 1

There are some videos about morning anxiety by the anxiety guy on YouTube. It’s helpful (and free). 

• Like 1

It doesn't help that I am generally anxious and especially anxious in the morning. Wake up and all sorts of doomy thoughts hit me hard. The standard anxiety symptoms like chest sucked in, palps, dread wash over me and there is no reason for that. Today I woke up with a tingle in my foot. And as soon as I woke up I was washed over by dread. This often converts into health anxiety

• Like 1

Morning Anxiety is called “diurnal mood variation.”  Not uncommon for people with anxiety and mood disorders.