Shanowl80

Test results

1 hour ago, Shanowl80 said:

My dr ran some blood work to check for underlying infections and I got this back today. 

E5E5C4CC-1A33-4B1D-BE5B-3007F9977F98.jpeg

That is so great that your doctor was able to find something and now you have a chance to resolve it. I was reading up about this a little, normally called 'walking pneumonia' and it looks like it mostly goes away on its own but if not you can always take meds. I'd go back for the second testing so you can get it taken care of and then go on your merry way! 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BejeweledMexican said:

That is so great that your doctor was able to find something and now you have a chance to resolve it. I was reading up about this a little, normally called 'walking pneumonia' and it looks like it mostly goes away on its own but if not you can always take meds. I'd go back for the second testing so you can get it taken care of and then go on your merry way! 

Thank you for giving it a positive spin. I am actually on an antibiotic for a sinus infection currently so hopefully it will clear it up. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shanowl80 said:

Thank you for giving it a positive spin. I am actually on an antibiotic for a sinus infection currently so hopefully it will clear it up. 

Isn’t it funny how it’s so easy to think positively for others worries than it is for our own? Something I remind myself of all the time! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BejeweledMexican said:

Isn’t it funny how it’s so easy to think positively for others worries than it is for our own? Something I remind myself of all the time! 

Yes it is so easy when it’s someone else!

And this is a good example of why we should not jump to conclusions when looking at test results. If I saw those numbers without the explanation I’d think wow that’s really high, but in fact it’s only borderline. Chances are it will go away on its own as your immune system works to kill the bacteria and your two week retest will be fine!

• Like 1

Ugh I know. She sent me a message with it so that’s how I knew. She decided to run a whole panel of tests to see if she could find any underlying infections, to include Lyme. I honestly thought no way would she find something. 

My cousin's daughter had this once when she was quite young; she felt crappy for a while but she was fine, and this was in a small child!  I think you'll be okay :)

• Like 1