Sign in to follow this  
rugger

LOSING IT AS USUAL!!!

I have been terrified lately about pancreatic cancer. My aunt was diagnosed with it last week but I had issues before finding out about her. Bad back, heartburn, some abdominal pain. Went to see doc but he wasn’t too concerned. Had me do blood work. Results came back today. Secretary said I’m all good. Blood tests came back normal...but said my blood sugar was slightly high.  Doc is not concerned just said reduce my sugar intake. Of course my mind started to think. Insulin controls blood sugar, which is produced by pancreas...which equals pancreatic issues. So good results is now freaking me out. Not sure I’ll ever get past this stuff. Spiralling again!!!!

Rugger

1 hour ago, rugger said:

I have been terrified lately about pancreatic cancer. My aunt was diagnosed with it last week but I had issues before finding out about her. Bad back, heartburn, some abdominal pain. Went to see doc but he wasn’t too concerned. Had me do blood work. Results came back today. Secretary said I’m all good. Blood tests came back normal...but said my blood sugar was slightly high.  Doc is not concerned just said reduce my sugar intake. Of course my mind started to think. Insulin controls blood sugar, which is produced by pancreas...which equals pancreatic issues. So good results is now freaking me out. Not sure I’ll ever get past this stuff. Spiralling again!!!!

Rugger

Rugger...I'm sorry if this comes off rude but seriously?? My aunt had pancreatic cancer and she would have loved to have had good blood results and for a Dr to dismiss her. 

Do not live like you have pancreatic issues when you clearly do not! 

I think you're working yourself up a little much. Your blood test came back great, slightly high sugar notwithstanding. A doctor wouldn't dismiss you if it was something more serious like pancreatic cancer. 

I understand anxiety can warp your mind and make you latch on to any symptom and make such grand leaps in logic to that conclusion, but any medical advice given to you directly I'd listen to more than your brain being a butt. Just do what the doc said about lowering sugar intake a little and you're off to the races 

If a doctor thought there was even a slight possibility of pancreatic cancer, they wouldn't have let you leave without further testing.  Blood sugar can be high if you're dehydrated or taking certain medications.  

I understand how you mind is racing and “connecting the dots”, it’s frustrating and of course sends you off into Panicville. There’s more to it hen just elevated blood sugar. And they clearly ran some tests and all is good. All is well. Nothing to worry about. You’re lucky to be able to get seen and get cleared.