Leah1976

Doin't know how I am gonna make it thru next week

Hi guys, I am trying to stay positive BUT there is so much going on right now with my health that I am sinking into a depression.... next week I have an MRI of my neck scheduled, a CT scan of my sinuses, and a mammogram (yearly check up)..... I am dreading so much the next 2 weeks with so many tests and doctor's appointments.....my anxiety is thru the roof.

Well, the neck MRI I presume is to see the cervical spine. Nothing really bad can come of that. Sinus CT will show the specific sinus related issues you and the ENT know you're dealing with. As for the mammogram, you're 42 and if no history of early (under 50) breast or ovarian in your family, highly, highly doubtful there will be any issues.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply... I know but it's so nerve racking I never had 3 tests like those done in the same week...I just have to focus in the present moment :(

My allergy test is next week and I am already worrying over it. I understand how you feel so much. 

• Like 1

Challenge your thinking. Change how you think. "Don't know how" and "I am trying to stay positive BUT" generate a negative vibe, and they feed anxiety. I learned in therapy to turn these thought patterns around into something positive, such as "I'm sure I will make it despite a lot going on" and "I am trying to stay positive AND there is a so much going on". Another example is "I am dreading so much the next 2 weeks."

We can't always be positive, and it's healthy to experience various moods, for many reasons. However, we must learn when it is appropriate and when it is not (e.g. when it's feeding our anxiety).

• Like 2

My wife a number of years ago had a CT scan of her sinuses ordered by her ENT as she had pain in that area and the test was negative. 

Look on the bright side - once this two weeks is done, you'll be done with testing for a while!  Hopefully no more dr visits for a while.  

• Like 1

Leah when is your allergy test? I have to stop taking zytrec tomorrow to prepare and my anxiety is through the roof about it.

3 hours ago, Shanowl80 said:

Leah when is your allergy test? I have to stop taking zytrec tomorrow to prepare and my anxiety is through the roof about it.

it's on the 28th but my CT scan is next week. Did you have your CT scan already?

I also have a few tests coming up...Im glad I found this site. I worry and worry about them and have even considered canceling..I hate this

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mo1966 said:

I also have a few tests coming up...Im glad I found this site. I worry and worry about them and have even considered canceling..I hate this

what test are coming for you?

I'm here with you Leah -- I have tests coming up too and I tend to do mine generally around the same time each year -- but as you -- I hate going through the whole process...but I know they must be done.  I have my annual gyn check up next Monday - which they'll do a pap smear and breast exam...at that appointment I get my referral for my yearly mammogram. Then coming up in March - both my dermatologist skin check and then my physical check up at the regular doctors with blood work and also in March my first colonoscopy...I can completely relate!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jennie048 said:

I'm here with you Leah -- I have tests coming up too and I tend to do mine generally around the same time each year -- but as you -- I hate going through the whole process...but I know they must be done.  I have my annual gyn check up next Monday - which they'll do a pap smear and breast exam...at that appointment I get my referral for my yearly mammogram. Then coming up in March - both my dermatologist skin check and then my physical check up at the regular doctors with blood work and also in March my first colonoscopy...I can completely relate!

Thanks for your note!! yes it's nerve racking!!! Good luck to you with all the testing!!!!