Nutmegbella

Racing thoughts = multiple illnesses

Recommended Posts

I’m having one of those days where I think and think. And I think about my heath.  and todays possible maladies are:

impending heart attack; I have what feels like my heart pulsing too fast then odd beats then too slow or barely felt pulse.

I have a cracked tooth; that i feel will turn into a badly infected tooth. Which will become septic.

I have a very tender pelvic area; I touched it earlier and it hurt really bad. 

My sides hurt like when I have a urinary infection. I fear that could also turn into a bad septic situation.

For the last few weeks we’ve been eating out more. Which makes me believe I’ll be having high blood pressure (salt intake) or high cholesterol. And today I saw a show where an overweight 21 year old (she was around 400lbs and ate a lot of take out and of course whatever health conditions she might of had ) died of a heart attack. I’ll be 31 this year. I think if it happened to her at that young age it can happen to me.

i Haven’t been doing great in the eating department or physical either to be honest. With our household being down to one car I’m driving all day :( leaves me eating on the go and being stuck sitting down all day. 

Kids have been sick; which equal loss of sleep and stress because I fear the worst every time. I go to sleep late and i have to wake up at 3 am everyday. So tops i get 3 hours of sleep per night. So make 1 hour sleep with the kids being sick i wake up often. But this last week after dropping off my husband at work i have come home and knock out for a few hours only to still feel super drained the rest of the day. It most certainly is just exhaustion but my mind says it’s a precursor for something else.

i have been having a very strange thing happen were I get super resentful and mad about certain things in my life. And I get so mad. It gets me heated like really I get so hot I sweat even though it’s really cold around me.

whats unsettling me at this moment as I type this, is that say when I would lay down for bed I would be able to hear my heart beat and feel it and now I can’t. And it makes me think is that normal. Does it mean my heart is failing.

many times these last few weeks my vision has been getting super blurry or I see double it gets me dizzy and makes my heart run. 

And you know what? I finally finally have insurance. And guess what? I’m too afraid. Afraid of what might come up.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s currently 4 am

heart was racing when I woke up and I was trying to get comfortable in bed trying to let it pass when my daughter cried out that she was in pain (sore throat) I got up got her a drink and went and got her meds. During which I’m noticing palps and a racing heart. I check pulse to me it’s erratic. I walk as fast as I can to my husband and tell him to call 911 and he says “just relax” “try to calm down” “you are fine” “you know what it is” “just calm down” 😐😑 if I were able to do that then I wouldn’t be there bugging him. I told him since last night I feel like my heart isn’t beating right. He says it could be because I have been snoring very loud. I am currently sleeping in the living room so I can be able to hear the kids in case they need me. And it’s quite the distance from our room for him to say I am snoring loud. I am dealing with what feels the beginning of a cold. Currently right now I have the feeling my heart isn’t beating right (tooo fast) and I am getting this weird headache.   I try to focus on the heart and it hurts my head. 😓 I just want to be like everyone else and not fear stuff like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bella,

from the outside looking in, it seems to me this is all caused by: lack of sleep, anxiety over both your and your kids health, and just maybe a UTI. I suggest you see your GP just to see if there is an infection and if so, get the Rx. Otherwise, hopefully there is some way you can find a few days of downtime where you can rest without responsibilities. Maybe hubby, a friend or relative?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nutmegbella said:

It’s currently 4 am

heart was racing when I woke up and I was trying to get comfortable in bed trying to let it pass when my daughter cried out that she was in pain (sore throat) I got up got her a drink and went and got her meds. During which I’m noticing palps and a racing heart. I check pulse to me it’s erratic. I walk as fast as I can to my husband and tell him to call 911 and he says “just relax” “try to calm down” “you are fine” “you know what it is” “just calm down” 😐😑 if I were able to do that then I wouldn’t be there bugging him. I told him since last night I feel like my heart isn’t beating right. He says it could be because I have been snoring very loud. I am currently sleeping in the living room so I can be able to hear the kids in case they need me. And it’s quite the distance from our room for him to say I am snoring loud. I am dealing with what feels the beginning of a cold. Currently right now I have the feeling my heart isn’t beating right (tooo fast) and I am getting this weird headache.   I try to focus on the heart and it hurts my head. 😓 I just want to be like everyone else and not fear stuff like this.

I know all about strange heart stuff.  I’m constantly “checking.”  I do have a history of heart palpitations and SVT.  Supposedly, it’s fine according to the many tests performed by my cardiologist.  I’m not convinced.  Crap always happens when a monitor is NOT on my chest or a doctor with a stethoscope is around, listening to the beats.  If I have an occasional arm pain or jaw pain that happens out of the blue—heart attack.  If I have to inhale deeply and can’t catch my breath—heart attack.  I’ve convinced myself I’m a heart attack waiting to happen, even though I’m pretty healthy and have no serious issues.  

It sucks.  I try exercising the anxiety away, but I’m convinced I’ll have a heart attack if my heart rate increases too high.  

I just want to scream.  But, that would probably increase my blood pressure and result in a—yep, you guessed it.  Heart Attack.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh goodness, this sounds just like me. I'm super focused on my heart lately. I'm just the opposite tho and aside from work, I have idle time at home since I'm an empty nester. The idle time makes me think too much and it's constantly about health. Health anxiety is so tough. Your symptoms all sound like anxiety to me,  I've experienced the same feeling over 20 years. Hang in there.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bobnnat said:

Hi Bella,

from the outside looking in, it seems to me this is all caused by: lack of sleep, anxiety over both your and your kids health, and just maybe a UTI. I suggest you see your GP just to see if there is an infection and if so, get the Rx. Otherwise, hopefully there is some way you can find a few days of downtime where you can rest without responsibilities. Maybe hubby, a friend or relative?

Thanks Bobnnat. And you know down in a deep level headed me, I think that too. But you know anxiety. I’m going to make an appointment later on today and seriously get this thing going and get a lot of things under control. 

Unfortunately I’ve tried to get some down time. It doesn’t seem like I’ll get one until the kids are out for the summer break in June. And even then it’s not really down time. Right now it only seem like I have it is when I drive alone in the car, but even then I freak out (nervous driver) or I get sleepy I need to talk to someone and I call either my mom or cousin. There are somedays where I can just enjoy those moments and just listen to music or podcast and just enjoy it. But that’s a rarity thanks to Mrs. Anxiety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kj103 said:

I know all about strange heart stuff.  I’m constantly “checking.”  I do have a history of heart palpitations and SVT.  Supposedly, it’s fine according to the many tests performed by my cardiologist.  I’m not convinced.  Crap always happens when a monitor is NOT on my chest or a doctor with a stethoscope is around, listening to the beats.  If I have an occasional arm pain or jaw pain that happens out of the blue—heart attack.  If I have to inhale deeply and can’t catch my breath—heart attack.  I’ve convinced myself I’m a heart attack waiting to happen, even though I’m pretty healthy and have no serious issues.  

It sucks.  I try exercising the anxiety away, but I’m convinced I’ll have a heart attack if my heart rate increases too high.  

I just want to scream.  But, that would probably increase my blood pressure and result in a—yep, you guessed it.  Heart Attack.  

Same Here, I’ve been checked. I did a week with a heart monitor; did it catch anything? Just “normal every day palps” ...”everyone experiences those”.... “you are fine” ....”your veins and muscles are super healthy so you don’t need to worry about those palpitations”. And that they didn’t want to see me in 10 years. But as soon as the monitor was off I felt a ton more. Please explain that? 

I beat the fear of exercising. I used to fear it thinking about my heart rate reaching uncontrollable high rate and that I’d croak right there and then. I ran on the treadmill until I reached 190bpm and when I calmed down in a reasonable amount of time I wasn’t afraid anymore. When I reached 170 I felt palps. I slowed down a bit but then went on. I continued to do this until I was finally able to get past the fear. When I am able to I do go out for power walks or a  jog, but we are talking about once a month, but those nights make me wish I had the time to go to the gym. I mean even when responding to these posts I sometimes take a few days to reply,  I just really need time.

The screaming 😱 I go through this multiple times per week and the blood pressure fear freaks me out. Even though I have been told by doctors and psychologist that I should scream when I get that need. Because if anything it will help release stress. But the fear is strong and I just can’t. I need to work on this one. 

Hopefully we will pass this fear some day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, anxiouslisa said:

Oh goodness, this sounds just like me. I'm super focused on my heart lately. I'm just the opposite tho and aside from work, I have idle time at home since I'm an empty nester. The idle time makes me think too much and it's constantly about health. Health anxiety is so tough. Your symptoms all sound like anxiety to me,  I've experienced the same feeling over 20 years. Hang in there.

Over 20 years? 😕 I’ve only been dealing with mine for 6 years, late October will be 7 years. I can’t imagine 20 years. It’s good to know that you’ve had similar symptoms and are still around. My fear is that I’ll die that same day when I am feeling it. Like earlier this morning. My husband annoyed me and I turned around to tell him something and my throat had like a cramp, it was painful. My heart raced and I felt dizzy. Heart palps. More dizziness. My breathing hitched. And I thought I was a goner. On the outside I kept my “cool”, I don’t talk much in person, and when I get nervous I talk a lot. So I started talking his ear off on my drive to drop him off at work. He knew something was up. He said “just remember what the doctors told you, you are fine” .... 😞 I want to believe and accept it. It’s just anxiety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now