Sign in to follow this  
Meriland

Warpy vision when looking at objects up close while shaking ny head 'no'

Please please help! I noticed that if I look at something 10" or closer to my face while moving head side to side....whatever I am looking at warps or something. It is freaking me out!! Is this normal?!?!? Common? It only happens if up close and shaking head 'no'

Sounds to me, personally, like you're really reaching far for something to worry about. Don't do this to yourself, you're fine. 😛

I think Binn is saying that you’ve been posting a lot on here lately of things with your vision that you’ve noticed. Did you just happen to move your head side to side while holding something in front of you or are you testing different scenarios with your vision to see if something seems off? If you haven’t gotten your eyes checked then I suggest starting there. When you overfocus on one thing you start to wonder if any sensations you have are normal. Continually asking for reassurance isn’t helping you as you find other things to ask about regarding your vision. If your eyes check out fine then talk to someone about treating your anxiety.

6 hours ago, Meriland said:

?

How many threads have you started and on how many anxiety boards?  

If you're feeling THAT bad go to the dr.

1 hour ago, Jae said:

How many threads have you started and on how many anxiety boards?  

If you're feeling THAT bad go to the dr.

This board, and 4...but likely will switch since the only responses I get are judgemental and make my attempts pointless. I guess ill switch to NMP 

We are not being judgmental. When you get answers and advice here but continually post for reassurance it is anxiety that is your problem, not an eye/brain issue. Seeking reassurance again and again does not help one get over the health anxiety, it makes it worse and then you continue to seek reassurance more and more. Get an eye exam and then seek help for your anxiety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meriland said:

This board, and 4...but likely will switch since the only responses I get are judgemental and make my attempts pointless. I guess ill switch to NMP 

Starting multiple threads on NMP is not tolerated, the admins will combine them and tell you to stop it.  

I concur, get an eye exam and seek help for your anxiety.  

At times health anxiety can get out of control and no form of reassurance may help. It is best to see an Opthamologist. A number of years ago, I saw flashing lights in the corners of my eyes. I got nervous and called my physician and he said if it kept up, to go to the ER to be safe. I saw my opthamologist the next day and he could find nothing wrong. 

4 hours ago, Meriland said:

I'm also not judging you. I've done the exact same thing you're doing, posting multiple times about various concerns on more than one forum. Even posting like that on a single forum is a strong indication that your anxiety has control, not you. Besides, as it's been said, NMP won't tolerate multiple threads, but the people there will also ask if you're just reaching for something to worry about. I know, I've been a member there for a while and I see it all the time.