Sign in to follow this  
sTeaLth

Eye Floaters

I have seen people post about this from time to time. I have had floaters I could see when looking at bright surfaces such as the sky in the past. I just noticed a few days ago a more pronounced black one in my right eye. I can see it if I look at a bright wall or something. It moved with my eye, wherever I look, I can see it off to the side of my vision. I can’t see it in normal circumstances. Anyone else have these?

I do! Always have, but only started getting nervous about them recently. Anxiety making us fear everything! Don’t worry, it’s normal. 

• Like 1

I have tons of floaters in my vision. I usually don’t notice them but when I do there are ALOT of them. Different sizes and shapes. I went for an eye exam with the dialation when I was panicking over my vision and the doctor said floaters and halos are completely normal and nothing to worry about at all. 

I have had floaters for many years and my opthamologist said they are typically nothing to worry about unless they suddenly get worse or impede your vision and then they should be checked out. 

• Thanks 1

I have LOTS of floaters I have them forever... eye doctor told me it's normal, some people have them more than others. I notice it more when looking at the white computer screen.

• Thanks 1

As you age a part of your eye that I can’t remember the name of at the moment tends to stretch and sometimes tear a little which can cause floaters. They’re completely harmless and it’s common. As long as they don’t completely block your vision or you don’t get headaches or pain in your eyes with them you are fine :) Don’t worry. Eventually you’ll start to see through them and not notice them anymore as you get used to them. 

• Thanks 1

My internal medicine concierge physician has always told me that any new, unexplained, persistent or worsening symptom should be brought to the attention of a physician. 

I am not a physician (just a CPA) and am not qualified to give any medical advice. I can only say what I have been told and give my personal experience with a number of issues. 

We’re talking super subtle eye floaters that I can only see in super specific circumstances. It also may have been there for a long time for all I know. I’m not too concerned.