Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

I feel both ridiculous and terrified as I write this, but I need to ask about it or it’s going to eat away at me. 

I was laying on my stomach when I felt a pain and sat up to see my right nipple was pushed inwards. Immediately I flipped out, remembering this can be a sign of something bad, and tried to push it back out. I was able to pretty easily, it looks normal now, but I’m still scared. 

Did I just push it in when I laid down and this is merely from that, or is there something wrong? I’m aware I probably sound dumb, but breast cancer is terrifying, and I feel like crying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bella P said:

I feel both ridiculous and terrified as I write this, but I need to ask about it or it’s going to eat away at me. 

I was laying on my stomach when I felt a pain and sat up to see my right nipple was pushed inwards. Immediately I flipped out, remembering this can be a sign of something bad, and tried to push it back out. I was able to pretty easily, it looks normal now, but I’m still scared. 

Did I just push it in when I laid down and this is merely from that, or is there something wrong? I’m aware I probably sound dumb, but breast cancer is terrifying, and I feel like crying. 

Well if you lie on your breasts on course they will push inward.If it stayed pushed in then I would get it checked out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, utrocket09 said:

Well if you lie on your breasts on course they will push inward.If it stayed pushed in then I would get it checked out

It didn’t stay that way, I pushed it back out with my fingers, but I’m going to keep an eye on it just in case. I’ve never had that happen to me before so it scared me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve calmed down a bit now. I’m only 19, so I know breast cancer is highly unlikely, but when that happened I was horrified. I’m still on edge, but I’m not as bad as before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bella, it sounds like it did that when you layed down a certain way. If it didn't stay that way I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just keep an eye on it. I know it can be hard. I'm in a middle of a breast cancer scare myself. It isn't easy. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bella P said:

I’ve calmed down a bit now. I’m only 19, so I know breast cancer is highly unlikely, but when that happened I was horrified. I’m still a bit on edge, but I’m not as bad as before. 

Bella and I can relate. I had this scare when I was 19, and am still having it at 20 years old. And I am glad that you are feeling a lot more calm about it. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RachelStorm98 said:

Bella, it sounds like it did that when you layed down a certain way. If it didn't stay that way I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just keep an eye on it. I know it can be hard. I'm in a middle of a breast cancer scare myself. It isn't easy. 

It didn’t stay that way, and it hasn’t gone back to that, but I’m not lying on my stomach like I was when it happened. I hope that’s all it was. Thank you :) 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RachelStorm98 said:

Bella and I can relate. I had this scare when I was 19, and am still having it at 20 years old. And I am glad that you are feeling a lot more calm about it. :) 

I had a breast examination not too long ago because I’d never had one before, and I tend to have pain there the week before and the week of my period. She told me everything felt normal and I was reassured, but then this happened and cue the panic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bella P said:

It didn’t stay that way, and it hasn’t gone back to that, but I’m not lying on my stomach like I was when it happened. I hope that’s all it was. Thank you :) 

 

Bella, you're welcome and I am pretty sure that was all that was. :) it does that sometimes when I lay on mine a certain way. 

And I feel you there. Glad your examination went okay! I just had one done a few weeks ago. Lol Sadly I have a swollen lymph node in my armpit but they told me not to worry about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RachelStorm98 said:

Bella, you're welcome and I am pretty sure that was all that was. :) it does that sometimes when I lay on mine a certain way. 

And I feel you there. Glad your examination went okay! I just had one done a few weeks ago. Lol Sadly I have a swollen lymph node in my armpit but they told me not to worry about it.

Ahh okay :) I’m still going to keep an eye on it, it’s better to be safe than sorry, but thanks again. You helped a lot. 

I had that happen to me before when I was about eight. A lymph node behind my ear swelled up and I was given an MRI and everything came back clear. A few days later I got the flu. It went down after I got better. Lymph nodes swell up when fighting infections, too, such as the flu. It is flu season, too, so that could be it. It is scary when it’s an area like that, though, I understand that completely. If the doctor isn’t worried it’s most likely nothing, which is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this