Sign in to follow this  
Ryanhutch

HELP!!! Scared of Schizophrenia

I am very scared that i will start seeing things or hearing things i have been told i have ocd with instructive thoughts, i keep getting an image that some thing is in my hallway not there when i check but am scared it kills me or something please help!

I'm going to tell you what a psychologist told me once when I had the fear of losing my mind from anxiety. Schizophrenics don't know they're acting errationally, other people will notice. If youre scared of going crazy, there's a good chance youre not going crazy. It's just anxiety and fear. I hope that eases your mind.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Matty_G said:

I'm going to tell you what a psychologist told me once when I had the fear of losing my mind from anxiety. Schizophrenics don't know they're acting errationally, other people will notice. If youre scared of going crazy, there's a good chance youre not going crazy. It's just anxiety and fear. I hope that eases your mind.

I've been told the same thing.

• Thanks 1

My x brother in law was schizophrenic. What a trip it was to have him in the family. My sister could write a book. 

He never knew, he was positive there was nothing wrong with the things he did or said or the way he acted. It was ALL us...

• Thanks 1