Sign in to follow this  
Mrsknoitall

odd lump on my head

Yesterday I noticed I have a small lump, the size of a pea, on the back of my head. It’s super hard and when I slide my hand over it, it feels like the what the rest of my skull feels like but it stands out when I go over it  and it isn’t on the other side of my head. Now that I’ve found it I’ve been checking it constantly and it’s become sore as a result. I’ve been trying to keep offline for research but it’s already gotten me pretty nervous.

Cyst?  I had my doctor check the new lump on my head last time I saw him - I'd assumed it was a cyst and he agreed with me.  It's shrunk down now but feels harder than it was.  

• Like 1

Is it in the centerof the back of your head? 

If yes, it's your occipital bone. 

I had a moveable soft lump on my head that was a cyst. I had it removed. I told my sister about it who has HA also...and she almost immediately found a lump on her head...hers was hard...she went to the same doctor...her's is the the normal anatomy of her skull and yes, her skull is not perfectly symmetric. Nothing needed to be done to her bump.

This is most likely a cyst or even scalp acne. Putting diluted tea tree oil on the spot could help, or using a shampoo with tea tree oil in it. 

It could be a lymph node! They’re about the side of a pea and run along your whole body. When you’re sick, they tend to swell a bit. Sometimes they can swell for any sort of reason. Nothing to worry about. (Mine swell often for no reason.) if you look up “lymph node”, google will show you where they are placed on your head (it’s where your neck and head meet. There is one on each side of the head.)

I have one on the back of my head. Went to the dermatologist about it 30 years ago.

I forget what it is called, but it is like a calcium deposit that forms at the hair follicles, and is harmless. Never got any bigger, and you can't see it.

It is a common thing apparently