LilyLabVA

neck injury- please help

As I was arriving home today we were getting some sleds out of the back of my car my 10 year old son was goofing around( over excited about snow and sleds I bought)  He took his plastic heavy foam sled from the trunk and whipped it around and attempted to throw it really hard into the air and it ended up hitting the side of my neck- freak event. It that second it felt like my whole neck teeth jaw and head moved. It hurt REALLY bad. Left a red knot on my neck. This was about 2-3 hours ago. The pain is gone and no visible bruise which is shocking, but now I’m afraid I’ve got blunt force trauma or something to my important neck veins. I truly do have a headache now (opposite side actually) and I’m worried it’s a clot in my brain or stroke or some crazy thing. Pleas help me rationalize this!!!

7 hours ago, LilyLabVA said:

As I was arriving home today we were getting some sleds out of the back of my car my 10 year old son was goofing around( over excited about snow and sleds I bought)  He took his plastic heavy foam sled from the trunk and whipped it around and attempted to throw it really hard into the air and it ended up hitting the side of my neck- freak event. It that second it felt like my whole neck teeth jaw and head moved. It hurt REALLY bad. Left a red knot on my neck. This was about 2-3 hours ago. The pain is gone and no visible bruise which is shocking, but now I’m afraid I’ve got blunt force trauma or something to my important neck veins. I truly do have a headache now (opposite side actually) and I’m worried it’s a clot in my brain or stroke or some crazy thing. Pleas help me rationalize this!!!

Blunt trauma occurs from serious blows like a car accident. No way a plastic sled would have caused that.