Sign in to follow this  
Cubanborn87

Atrophy?

Recommended Posts

I guess, the issue that I am having is that left foot is the one that one the elliptical back in September started feeling different as I was landing on it. Then, the left hand has been the one giving me issues as well.

 

Then I look at them, see the difference and made me freak out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cubanborn87 said:

I am sorry guys, this morning when I saw my feet and the one on the left looked like a flat tire, I lost it.

 

I have spent all morning on the phone making changes to my life insurance policy and looking online for good sites to make a will.

I have a primary doctor visit on Tuesday. I'll show it to him for confirmation

Why are you doing all this when nothing is wrong ? I have the toe thing too. Does not mean anything. Just means I have a weird toe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, utrocket09 said:

Why are you doing all this when nothing is wrong ? I have the toe thing too. Does not mean anything. Just means I have a weird toe.

I don't know last 2 months or so, I have been getting all these weird symtoms. Exactly 18 months after the muscle twitching started.

 

I just see all these different issues coming up and not going away and it's almost as if I see the writing on the wall.

Obviously my anxiety is making me connect the dots, dots that might not be there. 

I am just hoping for a clean EMG. If I can have that, it will give me hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had told you guys before that my toes in my left foot, which is my problem side would lose sensitivity/feeling and sometimes would go numb. This started back in September or so.

 

Now my thumb on my left hand has also lost some feeling. It's not quite numb , but at times I feel this tingling on that hand. Just like the foot if I do some manual labor or something like that. I can feel my thumb and sometimes my other fingers lose feeling.

This is the same thing that would happen on my left foot when i would go running. The toes at first would lose sensitivity and sometimes go numb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cubanborn87 said:

I had told you guys before that my toes in my left foot, which is my problem side would lose sensitivity/feeling and sometimes would go numb. This started back in September or so.

 

Now my thumb on my left hand has also lost some feeling. It's not quite numb , but at times I feel this tingling on that hand. Just like the foot if I do some manual labor or something like that. I can feel my thumb and sometimes my other fingers lose feeling.

This is the same thing that would happen on my left foot when i would go running. The toes at first would lose sensitivity and sometimes go numb.

ALS does not cause numbness, which is a sensory symptom.  

Your photos showing atrophy? They look completely normal to me.  Plus you can still use your hands and feet? How would you have atrophy caused by ALS when you have no loss of function? I've explained how atrophy with ALS (also known as disuse atrophy) works many times on this forum; please review prior posts.

Your doctor doesn't think you have ALS, right?

The above all just demonstrates that you are not thinking logically; anxiety governs your mind.  You need to focus on treating your anxiety, not the imaginary ALS.     

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubanborn87 nothing we tell you is stopping you from obsessing. You just continue to post your symptoms over and over... repeating yourself as if we haven't replied to you,  what are you looking to hear? 

What is going to get you off this spiral? 

Your current path is not working.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jae said:

Cubanborn87 nothing we tell you is stopping you from obsessing. You just continue to post your symptoms over and over... repeating yourself as if we haven't replied to you,  what are you looking to hear? 

What is going to get you off this spiral? 

Your current path is not working.

 

I know, I am sorry. This has been really bad stretch for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DoxieMoxie said:

ALS does not cause numbness, which is a sensory symptom.  

Your photos showing atrophy? They look completely normal to me.  Plus you can still use your hands and feet? How would you have atrophy caused by ALS when you have no loss of function? I've explained how atrophy with ALS (also known as disuse atrophy) works many times on this forum; please review prior posts.

Your doctor doesn't think you have ALS, right?

The above all just demonstrates that you are not thinking logically; anxiety governs your mind.  You need to focus on treating your anxiety, not the imaginary ALS.     

 

Cuban you should listen to Doxie. She knows quite a lot about this

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, A11yance said:

Cuban you should listen to Doxie. She knows quite a lot about this

I agree, she actually does sound very insightful. I am trying to listen to all the great people on this forum that are so knowledgeable. But my symtoms have me so scared.

Now I am worried about my thumb feeling funny for the last 2 weeks. It still works , but I have lost some feeling on it the same way I was losing it on that toe and foot and it's on the same side. Sometimes it also feels sluggish, even though I haven't lost mobility, I am just afraid that I will get up one morning and it won't work .

 

That same hand and arm goes numb and start tingling at night. Also , after using that hand a lot I get a really funny feeling on it , like I lose feeling on it and I start getting this slight pain by my elbow and forearm.

When you start feeling A weakness what does it feel like? Do you see it coming ? Does it fail all at once? That's what I am scared of.

It's exactly what happened with my foot but now it's in my arm same side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don’t get it. It’s not about feeling. The nerves effected by ALS are not sensory. They control the muscle. The muscle just does not work. It fails. What you describe is the opposite of ALS. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, clearhead said:

You don’t get it. It’s not about feeling. The nerves effected by ALS are not sensory. They control the muscle. The muscle just does not work. It fails. What you describe is the opposite of ALS. 

As I was texting I noticed that the left thumb seems to be a lot slower than the right one. This is the same hand that I showed in the pictures that I told you that I had the clicking on. Could the numbing or loss of feeling be causing that? 

This EMG test can't get here quick enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cubanborn87 said:

As I was texting I noticed that the left thumb seems to be a lot slower than the right one. This is the same hand that I showed in the pictures that I told you that I had the clicking on. Could the numbing or loss of feeling be causing that? 

This EMG test can't get here quick enough. 

Again. ALS is not about feeling. I knew someone with ALS and they could not function at all. So when you get this EMG and it is all clear what then ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, utrocket09 said:

Again. ALS is not about feeling. I knew someone with ALS and they could not function at all. So when you get this EMG and it is all clear what then ?

If it comes back clear, I hope that would push me out of this nightmare I have been living for the last few weeks. 

 

My understanding is that you can't pass the EMG if you have ALS. Specially if you have had "symtoms" for a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cubanborn87 said:

If it comes back clear, I hope that would push me out of this nightmare I have been living for the last few weeks. 

 

My understanding is that you can't pass the EMG if you have ALS. Specially if you have had "symtoms" for a while

That’s right. Can you tell us what muscle control failure that you’re experiencing? You’re putting too much into the test. You don’t exhibit the symptoms of this rare neurological disease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, clearhead said:

That’s right. Can you tell us what muscle control failure that you’re experiencing? You’re putting too much into the test. You don’t exhibit the symptoms of this rare neurological disease.

Ok, as far as muscle control failure. The only thing that I have noticed is the little toe issue, I know that's not failure per say. But I find it odd that when I spread out the toes on each foot the one on the left foot drops while the other one comes right out. Is that muscle failure? I guess not .

 

The only other issue is this thumb feeling sluggish , slow, and weak extension. It hasn't stopped working I give you that, but it worries me, because I don't know if it's slowly giving out on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually have a bachelor party in Medellin, Colombia in May. Everyone has booked the flight except me. I refuse to book it before I get my EMG results back. That's how not confident and terrified I am about it 

 

I have noticed for a while now, that if I do any manual labor for a long time my hand goes numb and weak. It has happened while working on my car, putting together furniture with constant movement with the screw driver etc. That has always kind of worried me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cubanborn87 said:

I actually have a bachelor party in Medellin, Colombia in May. Everyone has booked the flight except me. I refuse to book it before I get my EMG results back. That's how not confident and terrified I am about it 

 

I have noticed for a while now, that if I do any manual labor for a long time my hand goes numb and weak. It has happened while working on my car, putting together furniture with constant movement with the screw driver etc. That has always kind of worried me. 

My left hand goes numb randomly. No biggie, it happens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing that concerns me a lot is ever since I started getting the tingling and numbing in my foot. As soon as I lay down it's non stop twitching in that foot. Toes, Sole of the foot etc. It's weird because the other foot even though I sometimes feel the twitching. A lot of the times is non stop on the left foot. I was just laying in bed and I couldn't help but feel the little worms non stop in that foot for an hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what's a good was to test my left thumb? It is really slow and stiff compared to my right one. I am left handed as well. It has also lost some feeling and when I touch my pinky I feel some pressure on my palm right under the thumb unlike my right hand. Yesterday I had some slight pain on my wrist at times after using that hand and also near my elbow

 

 This isn't looking good guys 😟

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cubanborn87 said:

Does anyone know what's a good was to test my left thumb? It is really slow and stiff compared to my right one. I am left handed as well. It has also lost some feeling and when I touch my pinky I feel some pressure on my palm right under the thumb unlike my right hand. Yesterday I had some slight pain on my wrist at times after using that hand and also near my elbow

 

 This isn't looking good guys 😟

A good test would be done by a specialist or other medical professional. If you're truly concerned, see a doc. If they give you the all clear, work on accepting that and seek help for anxiety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bin_tenn said:

A good test would be done by a specialist or other medical professional. If you're truly concerned, see a doc. If they give you the all clear, work on accepting that and seek help for anxiety.

I am worried because the neurologist did not really do many tests at all on my thumb. I have an appointment with my primary doctor on Tuesday, maybe he can test it. 

I was reading some ALS newsletter yesterday and it was talking about how this patient started feeling her leg being heavy and stumbling and what not and then shortly after he thumb started feeling sluggish. It talked about how the thumb is the first thing to go.

I thought one limb fails and then it moves on to the next one. But according to that article basically two started failing at the same time. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Cubanborn87 said:

I am worried because the neurologist did not really do many tests at all on my thumb. I have an appointment with my primary doctor on Tuesday, maybe he can test it. 

I was reading some ALS newsletter yesterday and it was talking about how this patient started feeling her leg being heavy and stumbling and what not and then shortly after he thumb started feeling sluggish. It talked about how the thumb is the first thing to go.

I thought one limb fails and then it moves on to the next one. But according to that article basically two started failing at the same time. 

 

 

That's a big part of your problem, IMO: reading horror stories. You are not that person, and that person is not you. Everyone is different, and no disease follows a set of "rules" from person to person. Stop dat. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bin_tenn said:

That's a big part of your problem, IMO: reading horror stories. You are not that person, and that person is not you. Everyone is different, and no disease follows a set of "rules" from person to person. Stop dat. 😛

I know lol I really have to stop. I am not researching it anymore. Reading all that yesterday really put me down.

I was looking for CIDP symtoms and ran into that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this