Recommended Posts

Hi, everyone. Sorry for posting again. You guys know about how I have been feeling a lot of symtons lately after 18 months of muscle twitching. I am extremely worried that I have atrophy in my left foot. It feels like my little toe on the left foot is pointing inwards and maybe even dragging a little bit. Also on that same foot I feel less support, sometimes I feel like I am walking on a flat tire.

 

If you would look at these pics please let me know if this is in my head or not. I feel like that little toe on the left foot is pointing inwards and right behind it the outer side of my foot if you look , it looks like a flat tire. As if the muscle is weak and it is not staying tight as it's supposed to. It looks kind of curved and I have been getting a lot of popping and cracking on my joints lately. Please advise. 

20190111_061911_resized_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190111-092043_Gallery_resized_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I brought this same issue of my anatomical snuffbox up to my neuromuscular doctor who did my emg. My hands look exactly the same as yours. He didn’t even blink - it’s nothing. He said we all have asymmetries. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, clearhead said:

I can’t tell for your feet either. Are you right or left handed?

I am left handed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please stop checking yourself. You’ve been cleared by the doc. You do not have ALS. Try to accept that and believe it. Nobody is completely symmetrical and there will always be differences betweeen right and left based on how we use our body. Joints cracking and popping is not ALS nor is it anything sinister. It happens to everyone, you are probably just noticing it more now that you are super aware of what your body is doing. That’s all anxiety, my friend.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry guys, this morning when I saw my feet and the one on the left looked like a flat tire, I lost it.

 

I have spent all morning on the phone making changes to my life insurance policy and looking online for good sites to make a will.

I have a primary doctor visit on Tuesday. I'll show it to him for confirmation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cubanborn87 said:

I am left handed 

I have differences between my hands. We’re asymmetrical. You’ve got to let go of this ALS thing. You don’t have it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, clearhead said:

I have differences between my hands. We’re asymmetrical. You’ve got to let go of this ALS thing. You don’t have it. 

I hope you are right. On that same left hand , on the second nuckle up from my thumb. If you press against it with you other hand  and move your thumb up and down. You can feel it clicking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cubanborn87 said:

I hope you are right. On that same left hand , on the second nuckle up from my thumb. If you press against it with you other hand  and move your thumb up and down. You can feel it clicking. 

So what? Whenever I move my head, my neck pops. Don’t care. You don’t exhibit anything resembling ALS. Let it go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On that first picture you guys really don't see the issue that I mentioned. Where the lateral muscle behind the toe seems curved and not tight. Like a flat tire ? 

I guess the anxiety is making me lose it lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your still not thinking rationally, which is okay sometimes I get withdrawal also.

its not a muscle disease, it’s a nerve.

so the nerve has to die first then atrophy sets in. 

Atrophy happens when you can no longer use that limb. You would know something is wrong (your emg would have shown something also) by now. 

Leave A out of your head man. You got the golden ticket which is a emg and you’re cleared. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jremtx said:

Your still not thinking rationally, which is okay sometimes I get withdrawal also.

its not a muscle disease, it’s a nerve.

so the nerve has to die first then atrophy sets in. 

Atrophy happens when you can no longer use that limb. You would know something is wrong (your emg would have shown something also) by now. 

Leave A out of your head man. You got the golden ticket which is a emg and you’re cleared. 

 

The EMG is on January 31st. With a clean EMG , I would feel a lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cubanborn87 said:

The EMG is on January 31st

Ahhhh sorry I got you mixed up lol but I’m pretty sure your neuro would of said something 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was prob me JR lol. But my anxiety is much better however I still have joint pain in my shoulder elbow finger and toes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jremtx said:

Ahhhh sorry I got you mixed up lol but I’m pretty sure your neuro would of said something 

I showed my neuro the hand and he didn't think anything of it as far as the foot goes I showed him the toe, I told him it felt as if it was dragging. He didn't think much of that either. But I am nervous because the doc looked early 30s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cubanborn87 your anxiety man is giving you second thoughts and it’s normal but honestly you just have to start thinking more rational 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jremtx said:

@Cubanborn87 your anxiety man is giving you second thoughts and it’s normal but honestly you just have to start thinking more rational 

I know bro, it sucks because I am so convinced. But most people I ask say otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now