Sign in to follow this  
Jack

Driving

Hello,

I don't know if anybody else suffers with this but I do sometimes get into a right state when it comes to driving and parking. Sometimes I worry so much before hand it stops me from going to places because I am worried about whether I will be able to park when I get to my destination. Sometimes my brain gets so muddled when I am driving I make mistakes and it worries me. Would be grateful to any thoughts. Cheers.

Jack

Hi Jack!

I have been in your shoes before and would not even attempt to get my license. I would have a panic attack every time I had to drive. 

I ended up getting my license and started driving on backroads. I went to places close to home and made sure I was driving at a time of day where not many people were on the road. I would often drive to places where I can get rewarded once I made it (Often Starbucks.) I would also listen to music which made driving really fun and enjoyable. I ended up having to drive around for my job I would soon get a month after I got my license. So I would drive A LOT. Driving now actually calms my anxiety and makes me feel happy. 

As for parking, try to park far away, where no cars are. If you have to park near any cars, just take your time! Slowly pulling into a spot will help you insure that you won’t hit into any car. 

I hope this helps! Just remember, make it fun! Driving is such amazing technology that helps us get to places we would otherwise have to walk to!