RachelStorm98

Staph infection worries PLEASE HELP

Yeah. I have P&N all over. It gets really bothersome when my anxiety is high. Drink plenty of liquids and keep an eye on your fever. Do you have a fever?

My temp is always in the 97 degree range. Always. You are ok. If you had anything like what you are worrying that you had, you would have known way before now. Unfortunately, anxiety can make you feel symptoms that aren’t actually there. It can make you feel like you have  the flu. Please listen to us. We have all been there. You are ok!!

41 minutes ago, clearhead said:

Yeah. I have P&N all over. It gets really bothersome when my anxiety is high. Drink plenty of liquids and keep an eye on your fever. Do you have a fever?

No, if anything I have a low temperature. It's been in 96.2+ range. Not really up to 97 at least, not recently. I have been having diarrhea the past few days. :( But I just got off my antibiotics for my UTI a few days ago. Monday? Tuesday night maybe? So maybe I am feeling a little under the weather from that. :( No fever yet though. My aunt, who is a nurse, says that if it was sepsis it wouldn't of have not hit me out of the blue a month later. She says it would of have happened when the wound was still fresh and new. Which was on the 14th of December. She says it would of have happened. After that. Not a month later randomly. 

Thanks! I actually noticed this started up after this morning. When they told me that they screwed up my bloodwork and couldn't do a CBC blood test because they couldn't get a good sample. :( I was mad because they never told me this. After that my anxiety went all haywire. I scheduled an appointment with my primary care doctor on Monday to have a CBC test done just to be careful. They are gonna put me on antibiotics since it didn't clear up. They also are gonna see about putting me on anxiety meds. Oh I forgot to mention that I have been really dehydrated lately, even when I was taking the antibiotics. I am trying to find a way to drink more water at work. (I work in fast food.)

10 minutes ago, clearhead said:

No fever, no worry. I have to agree with your father.

My aunt says that it wouldn't appear later. It would of have happened soon after I got the wound. Sepsis I mean, if bacteria got in there. It works quick. It would of been a day or two after I got the wound. It wouldn't sit doorment and just be like here's Johnny! 🙄 It wouldn't pop up a month later nearly. Sure I had the pins in needles and pain in both legs since the first week I had the sore but dang. That's a slow time for it to become sepsis. That's like nearly a freaking month later. The sore looks pretty healed, for the most part. Oh yeah the sore was an infected hair folicale btw so I could still be dealing with that. I didn't start feeling really unwell until after I got off cexhaphilin or whatever that antibiotic is called. It didn't get a rid of the UTI infection so I sadly have to go back on meds to clear it up. :( So I haven't been feeling too well over the past few days. But yeah. So tired. Hope I can sleep but still a little uneasy so I am trying to stay calm. I am right though? Sepsis would of have popped up when the wound was fresh? I have an appointment on Monday to get the new antibiotics and a check up. They are gonna see if they can get me on anxiety meds as well! Oh and good news! My heart rate and breathing has gone back down to normal speed. :) Still dealing with the other uncomfortable issues but hoping that is just from the UTI. Lol

Hey I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in... So I get msra staph infections all the time... never once has it turned into sepsis. Also my grandmother died recently from sepsis after surgery complications... there is no mistaking it and you would be sicker than a dog. My temp goes as low as 95.6 at times and I have no clue why. I also have issues with breathing and fast heart rate when my anxiety is high. Trust me you are fine. Anytime I've had a staph infection the pain could linger or it may go away quickly just depends on where it was located and how bad the pain was to start with. I hope this helps ease your mind some. 

I still feel very sick this morning... cold and I have the chills... 😢 My urine had bacteria looking stuff in it and was dark yellow almost orange. I drank a lot of water yesterday, so darn... last night it was really hard for me to sleep because my lower back and sides hurt like crazy... I'm really hoping this is from my UTI and not from sepsis. Idk... this makes no sense, why would it hit me a month later? 😕 I don't understand. Wouldn't this have happened when it was fresh and new? Why would it be slow happening and circulating in my bloodstream for a long time before calling issues? *sigh* I wish Monday would just get here already... if I had it my way I would just go up to a walk in clinic to be put on some antibiotics. 

So I am going to the hospital later today. :( Wish me luck. I feel sicker than a dog... 

All I'll be thinking about while I am there is my first love, and of coarse, my son Ryan! ❤️ (He's my black cat.) 

I think going to the doctor is great but maybe tell them how worried you are about sepsis. At this point I think your anxiety is running rampant. Get checked out but tell them how bad your anxiety is over this they need to help you somehow because you've been obsessing about it for long enough and that's probably why you feel sick.. anxiety can bring on so many physical symptoms. Go get some reassurance. :) you will be just fine. 

Well, I wasn't able to go so sadly I have to wait this out until Monday. :( I am hoping it is just the flu I am dealing with on top of a UTI and a healing wound. Maybe the flu is just going around. I am trying to get better. 😢 

So I went up to carespot today because it was driving me nuts. So they tried to rule out the flu. There is no flu. They took my temperature and it was 98.6 which is a normal temperature, so this automatically rules out Sepsis. (Until I can have the blood test on Monday, that is.) and my blood pressure and heart rate came back as normal. So I am gonna try to take it easy until then. I ruled it out temporarily which is good at least. 

There's no such thing as temporarily ruling out sepsis.  You have it or you don't.  You don't.  Your mind is screwing with you.  If you had untreated sepsis all this time you would be dead.  

And if your urine is that dark you're not drinking enough water!  Stay hydrated!  No wonder you feel godawful.  

The UTI can make you feel like crap too. Back ache, flu like symptoms. If you get that taken care of you will probably start feeling like yourself again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mollyfin said:

There's no such thing as temporarily ruling out sepsis.  You have it or you don't.  You don't.  Your mind is screwing with you.  If you had untreated sepsis all this time you would be dead.  

And if your urine is that dark you're not drinking enough water!  Stay hydrated!  No wonder you feel godawful.  

Mollyfin, You are absolutely right. This all is caused by something completely unrelated. The sepsis was technically ruled out today when I went. I have been upping my water intake. Trying to get a rid of the dehydration. Going to get the UTI treated. Dealing with painful breathing but that could be from a cold thing going around. Abdominal pain, etc. is definitely from gas. Ugh. I hope I feel better soon. 

1 hour ago, Iugrad91 said:

The UTI can make you feel like crap too. Back ache, flu like symptoms. If you get that taken care of you will probably start feeling like yourself again.

I will be going in on Monday to get that taken care of. 

Kinda unrelated but I hate this health anxiety. Now because I have the bone pain/occasional abdominal pain, and the respiratory thing with congestion I am worried about meningitis which can kill a person within 24 hours!!! 😣 I am so scared.... I don't have a fever thankfully. Someone please tell me that you have to have a fever with meningitis? I hope this ribcage bone pain is from the gas/dirreaha problem. 😢