RachelStorm98

Staph infection worries PLEASE HELP

Okay so I needed to rant here because I am having an anxiety attack and I don't know what the hell to do right now! 😭I am convinced that the infected hair folicale I itched turned into sepsis or a staph infection.... I am stunned.... I went to a walk in clinic to be looked at and to have it looked at. I got the wound on the 14th of December and worried about Sepsis because of red marks up and down my legs, and it would hurt on the sore and on other areas of my legs. Well on the 27th I was so worried about having a blood infection that I went to the doctors, a few weeks after I got the sore and worried about sepsis. They did a urine test since I had symptoms of a UTI. They took my blood, since they knew I was worried about having sepsis. It was just a CBC blood test I think. She looked at the mark on my leg and thought it was healing up and it was a hair follicle. I got my antibiotic for my UTI from the pharmacy the next day. It's been weeks and I still haven't gotten blood test results back... if it was a blood infection or sepsis, wouldn't they have found it by now? If this is undiagnosed sepsis than damn... I have had it for about a month. Now I am concerned I have a staph infection and not sepsis since it hurts on the site of the healed sore, and I get that same pain in lower parts of my legs away from the site. I also am starting to get it on my arms. Arghhh! I'm too late! It was probably staph or sepsis all along and they missed it! I'm going to die! 😢 I HATE THIS! What the heck is going on? What am I going to do? I don't get it... my sore looked healed? Wouldn't my blood test I had a few weeks ago have picked up sepsis or a staph infection? 😭 I need to calm down... ugh I am so damn tired about going to the doctors. 

You are seriously overthinking  the whole situation. If you had a staph infection or Sepsis and it has been weeks since you have had one or the other...you would know it. My Doctor always told me that  when it comes to blood tests no news is good news. However, the test for both sepsis or Staphylococcus only takes a day or two - not weeks. If you had sepsis you would definitely known about it you would of been with one foot in the grave. You would have had pain and fever and sweats like crazy - not just a little pain. I'm pretty sure that given the time you saw the doctor and writing the message you don't have either of your two concerned infections has it would have become unbearable if you had either of them for such a long time. and you would have been at the doctor along time ago with much more severe symptoms so rest assured you are fine.  

37 minutes ago, Stef said:

You are seriously overthinking  the whole situation. If you had a staph infection or Sepsis and it has been weeks since you have had one or the other...you would know it. My Doctor always told me that  when it comes to blood tests no news is good news. However, the test for both sepsis or Staphylococcus only takes a day or two - not weeks. If you had sepsis you would definitely known about it you would of been with one foot in the grave. You would have had pain and fever and sweats like crazy - not just a little pain. I'm pretty sure that given the time you saw the doctor and writing the message you don't have either of your two concerned infections has it would have become unbearable if you had either of them for such a long time. and you would have been at the doctor along time ago with much more severe symptoms so rest assured you are fine.  

So I guess my question is, is the pain at that site of my sore normal? Even though it is healed? I get similar pains on other areas of the legs and even my arms. Would it have been picked up in the basic blood work even though I just went to a walk in clinic? I am just so confused because with something that serious how on earth could it have been misdiagnosed? I do still have that pain I have had ever since I got the sore, and that infection of my urinary track so dang. If it was Sepsis they would of have even found it in my urine sample. 😕 But nope. I'm still left in the dark about all of this. *sigh* My urines still foggy, I just finished the round of antibiotics so now of course I am worried that it was a staph infection or sepsis all along and that I am too late and ugh... 🙄 No fever. Haven't gotten to that point. Just have been feeling a little dizzy as of late, but that's about it. Should I get a second opinion or just drop this? Should I call for results regarding my bloodwork, to set my mind at ease? The sore looks healed, but at the same time it doesn't. :( 

So since it is very fast moving, I went into the doctors two or three weeks after getting "infected" you think it would of have shown up in the blood work? 

Yes it would have absolutely shown up in your blood work, however, if it was Sepsis and your where septic, no test would be needed - you would know. Sepsis doesn't lay dormant and is miss diagnosed  if you have it you will know it. You would know it. Just ask for your blood work for your peace of mind.

8 minutes ago, Stef said:

Yes it would have absolutely shown up in your blood work, however, if it was Sepsis and your where septic, no test would be needed - you would know. Sepsis doesn't lay dormant and is miss diagnosed  if you have it you will know it. You would know it. Just ask for your blood work for your peace of mind.

So it most definitely comes up in blood work. I just worry about it attacking my kidney/bladder already due to the UTI. Thanks. I guess I'll go back to sleep as I have work tomorrow. I'll call the clinic tomorrow asking where I can get my results back. I just hope they didn't forget when I went there and that they looked at my bloodwork you know? Like sent it to a lab or something. I was shaking earlier and got really chilly, And my muscles tensed up, but eh. Sure I had that pain too but... where's the fever? I have no fever so meh. 

Go to sleep and relax. Trust me with infections that spread to such a point that it becomes life threatening you would know about it, cloudy pee and a bit sore is not the symptoms. It takes some serious neglect to allow yourself to become septic from a hair follicle infection. But your blood work would of shown it definitively. However, attacking your kidneys and bladder no way - if the infection was so severe you would be in so much pain and having fever and vomiting - just trust me you would know hand a UTI, especially in women, takes some time to completely heal up, and can be recurring a few times , however, cloudy pee tells me its already getting better. In short nothing is wrong and most of your worries is just your anxiety.       

The fever wouldn't of have came and went, right? I have had periods of time when I felt my head and it was pretty warm and it went away. I have had this happen a few times. 

So I did have it. Why they didn't have the decency to tell me I have no clue, but they put me on Cexa something antibiotics. And from what I found that is the very exact thing used to treat staph infections also. Unfortunately it didn't clear up the staph bit. It is still in my bones since I have the redness and joint pain. No fever though. It cleared up my UTI but I just finished the round of antibiotics. I'm thinking about calling my primary care doctor to see about me being put on a stronger form of antibiotics. Mine was supposed to treat infections of the bone, but it obviously didn't work for me. *sigh* I guess I'll have them do more blood work and try to get a sample from the hair folicale wound. 😕 I need to try getting some sleep though. I just hope I make it until tomorrow when I can be seen. 

2 hours ago, RachelStorm98 said:

So I did have it. Why they didn't have the decency to tell me I have no clue, but they put me on Cexa something antibiotics. And from what I found that is the very exact thing used to treat staph infections also. Unfortunately it didn't clear up the staph bit. It is still in my bones since I have the redness and joint pain. No fever though. It cleared up my UTI but I just finished the round of antibiotics. I'm thinking about calling my primary care doctor to see about me being put on a stronger form of antibiotics. Mine was supposed to treat infections of the bone, but it obviously didn't work for me. *sigh* I guess I'll have them do more blood work and try to get a sample from the hair folicale wound. 😕 I need to try getting some sleep though. I just hope I make it until tomorrow when I can be seen. 

Did you get your blood work back?

2 hours ago, Stef said:

Did you get your blood work back?

No, it's been almost a month and I haven't heard anything back. I just know that the Antibiotics they put me on also treat staph infections. (Although it didn't cure mine.)

Antibiotics cover a wide range of infectious diseases so just because the one you’re on is used for staph doesn’t mean you have that. My husbands cousin (male) was on an antibiotic for a stomach infection and when you search that drug is says primary use is for vaginal infection 😂 so does that mean he has that too? Of course not.  If your blood work didn’t show an infection then you don’t have staph. Even walk in clinics have someone who can tell you what your test results were, give them a call and find out before jumping to any more conclusions. 

• Like 2

Yes, you do have a point. I'll give them a call tomorrow. I asked my dad about it and he explained to me that it works very fast and usually kills the victim in 48hrs if it is in the blood and isn't treated with IV antibiotics. In my case I'd already be dead I had the issue for a few weeks now. He told me that no call about results is a good sign. He told me that they'd call me back immediately if they found something like that in my bloodwork. They'd tell me to get to a hospital but obviously none of that has ever happened. 

Well I am pissed off in regards to my blood work results! 😡 No one has thought to call me back on it and apparently my blood was clotted so it was hard for them to get a sample from it to do a complete blood count test! Grrr!!! So this makes this worse! So they couldn't even find a darn staph infection or sepsis because they didn't even do the CBC test to begin with! They couldn't tell me if my WBC count was elevated or not. I am fuming mad! All they told me that was my potassium levels were a little bit elevated. So I have no clue if I have sepsis or a staph infection that is serious or not! I feared this would happen. :( So what do I do now? I am worried sick that this has gone misdiagnosed for about a month now, and that I am knock knock knocking on heavens door. Oh well I guess I better get a thermometer... 😕 And keep an eye on things. Since I just got off of antibiotics, they can't do another blood test at the moment. I give up... 

3 hours ago, RachelStorm98 said:

Well I am pissed off in regards to my blood work results! 😡 No one has thought to call me back on it and apparently my blood was clotted so it was hard for them to get a sample from it to do a complete blood count test! Grrr!!! So this makes this worse! So they couldn't even find a darn staph infection or sepsis because they didn't even do the CBC test to begin with! They couldn't tell me if my WBC count was elevated or not. I am fuming mad! All they told me that was my potassium levels were a little bit elevated. So I have no clue if I have sepsis or a staph infection that is serious or not! I feared this would happen. :( So what do I do now? I am worried sick that this has gone misdiagnosed for about a month now, and that I am knock knock knocking on heavens door. Oh well I guess I better get a thermometer... 😕 And keep an eye on things. Since I just got off of antibiotics, they can't do another blood test at the moment. I give up... 

This is going to sound harsh but here goes. If you had this for a month and you had staph or sepsis you would be very sick by now. I had a staph infection when I was younger from bitting my nails. Believe me, you would be sick.

Lately I have been feeling under the weather. I have been getting chills on and off, and the past week or so I have been feeling like I am gonna pass out and I am all fatigued... I get all shaky and cold and I don't know anymore... I'm really depressed right now and a tiny bit s*****al... I won't act on the thoughts of course but I am angry! I don't even know what I can do to find this issue! I could get another test in a few weeks when I get paid again but I am just like why bother? Only for them to not be able to not get another good sample? Maybe this was my fate in life. To die young. I am sorry for being dramatic but I feel absolutely miserable right now... No fever... yet... but it's concerning that my temp is below the 98.6 degree normal temperature. Mine was 97.7 degrees. Ugh! I feel like I want to cry... I don't know what I could do now... I am so upset I want to just take a walk and try to enjoy nature. *sigh* I am so confused. Sepsis/severe staph infection that has gotten into the blood and bones would kill you without treatment within 47 hours. How the hell am I still alive? It has been one month in a few days! Though it does bug me that this week I have been feeling a little bit under the weather. :( 

4 minutes ago, clearhead said:

Go to a walk in clinic if you’re that bad off.

I can't! 😭 Everyone is closed and my dad won't take me to the hospital. He doesn't think there is a reason to... dang I hope I just have the flu or some crap but the pins in needles everywhere... please just be a part of my anxiety... :(