Sign in to follow this  
kss

Pan Can fear a little to real

Recommended Posts

i've had health anxiety related bouts in the past that were pretty serious, one for Hiv and the other for Als. Both times i had frightening symptoms and for the ALS(5 years after symptoms), im still twitching. 

I have a food addiction to sugar foods and am obese. I started to have weird dull pain in my left side of my stomach a few months ago and after  stressful december i noticed my stomach is making noises and i'm burping a lot. unfortunetly, now i'm starting to notice my stool is pale in color. i've had blood work done to test enzymes, lipase, wbc, c reactive, a1c which have all come back normal but would need an mri to confirm if anything is there. my doctor doesnt feel like its of conern and i do have an mri booked tomorrow(privately). im very frightened as i'm still fairly young (36) and thought i was on the verge of turning my life around when this happened. 

has anyone had experience with this,  i could use some help right now. 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just had the mri done last night, and i'm not feeling optimistic because so many of my symptoms are the same as p.c. 

i thought health anxiety would be the cause of all this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your symptoms do not sounds like PC... my MIL had it and she had a piercing pain in the middle of her stomach all across her back that wouldn't stop and it was pretty severe. You are very young and your chances to have Pc are very slim. we all get pale stools from time to time, that is more due to what you eat or anxiety.... you may feel pain in that area due to gas, I had it too. Good luck with your results, it's going to be ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 1:33 AM, kss said:

i've had health anxiety related bouts in the past that were pretty serious, one for Hiv and the other for Als. Both times i had frightening symptoms and for the ALS(5 years after symptoms), im still twitching. 

I have a food addiction to sugar foods and am obese. I started to have weird dull pain in my left side of my stomach a few months ago and after  stressful december i noticed my stomach is making noises and i'm burping a lot. unfortunetly, now i'm starting to notice my stool is pale in color. i've had blood work done to test enzymes, lipase, wbc, c reactive, a1c which have all come back normal but would need an mri to confirm if anything is there. my doctor doesnt feel like its of conern and i do have an mri booked tomorrow(privately). im very frightened as i'm still fairly young (36) and thought i was on the verge of turning my life around when this happened. 

has anyone had experience with this,  i could use some help right now. 

thanks

My bloodwork has all been normal too including autoimmune and thyroid. Have you had an EMG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leah1976 said:

your symptoms do not sounds like PC... my MIL had it and she had a piercing pain in the middle of her stomach all across her back that wouldn't stop and it was pretty severe. You are very young and your chances to have Pc are very slim. we all get pale stools from time to time, that is more due to what you eat or anxiety.... you may feel pain in that area due to gas, I had it too. Good luck with your results, it's going to be ok.

thank you, i hope so too.ive been stressed and had this real weird burping for the last few weeks and i'm terrified as it keeps showing up as potential symptoms. 

 

 

1 hour ago, A11yance said:

My bloodwork has all been normal too including autoimmune and thyroid. Have you had an EMG?

hi, when i had my als scare it was 5 years ago. i had the emg done 2 years ago, it was fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have binge eating disorder too, and sometimes when I'm on a stretch of eating horribly, my stomach just vaguely aches all the time.  Presumably from being stuffed full of things it shouldn't be forced to deal with regularly.  Left side is more common than right side ache because of how the colon bends, I've been told.  

Good luck in dealing w/ your food addiction.   It's so hard when you also have anxiety!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this