Kindra

Headache and Dizziness

I posted about this a couple weeks ago and I am still having headaches daily at the back of my head into my neck and still feeling dizzy (not a spinning vertigo, more of a drunk wooziness, with the odd sensation the things “might” spin” it’s really starting to worry me that something is really wrong as I’ve never had headaches and dizziness last this long. Tylenol and Advil help but I also don’t take it daily as I know rebound headaches are horrendous! Had anyone else had headaches and dizziness for this long? What helps? I’m tired of waking up to this everyday 🙁

I should add, I’m sleeping well, walking daily, not over doing the caffeine, wearing my glasses when I should, using eye drops for dry eye relief. I literally can’t think of anything else. I go for regular massage and have another chiropractor tomorrow. I’m stumped. 

I once had dizziness everyday for 6 weeks but no headaches. My ENT physician told me that as you age the crystals in your ears can shift and it takes a while for your brain to catch up, thus the dizziness. Around 11 years ago, I had tingling sensations on my head and I talked my long time ENT physician into ordering a brain MRI, which was negative. He subsequently told me that tension in your back, shoulders and neck can cause head pain and odd head sensations. 

• Thanks 1

I’m stumped

Hi. Kindra. No need to be stumped because the reasons are so common in anxiety. Headaches and wooziness are so common that almost everyone gets them at some time. It's all about the nerves in the neck and tension or stress. In anxiety muscles tend to cramp up, and looking for causes is not very helpful. In fact, the more you try and find out the more tension you create. It's like looking at Google, you just frighten yourself. 'THE TIGHT  'BAND ROUND THE HEAD' is another common symptom. You could be declared 100 percent fit physically, but still have physical symptoms from anxiety.

As for exercise, walking etc. Fine! But anxiety is a disorder of the mind. That's why so many non sufferers get annoyed with us because they can't see anything physically wrong, and there isn't. There is no pat answer to causes. People vary so much in how anxiety affects them. Comparing yourself with others is not a good idea in HA because you can so easily pick up the negative aspects of what is, a very personal thing. There are common symptoms of course, and a diagnosis of anxiety can be made from them. But, as I said, they do vary from person to person.

I’m tired of waking up to this everyday 🙁

And every time you wake up with that thought that it will be a bad day you lay the foundation for a bad day. Now I'm not suggesting you leap out of bed and sing like a lark. No way can you do that. But you can think differently. "Oh well, today may not be so good, but I know that if I accept the feelings without fighting and struggling they will gradually go. There's nothing physically wrong, that I know".  Any sign of danger, wrong thinking, wrong actions will cause your body to go into the fight/flight mode as it did with our anxient ancestors. but there is no Sabre Toothed Tiger out there or a big hairy Mammoth,  just life and the fears that living bring about. Fear is a wonderful ally because it keeps us from danger, but it can be the real enemy when allowed to run riot in your mind. Take care and remember, ACCEPT the feelings. Face them and try not to run away from them. Best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1