Twiztidtragedy

Twitching and the fear of "A"

@Twiztidtragedy I remember going through my bulbar scare. I first noticed a twitch in my tongue, then I felt like there was a ball stuck in my throat and I couldn’t eat or drink. But in reality I could and that was 3 months ago. 

@Twiztidtragedy honestly the best thing you could do is try to forget about it. You’re okay, I know that’s easier said then done but I promise you if you keep yourself busy your mind will forget about your anxiety. 

That's the thing. I'll be watching a movie with the wife. Or playing with my kids and randomly I'll feel a buzzing in my tounge then 2 secs later it twitches right where it buzzes. It's something I cant really ignore. I've ignored every other twitch but this tounge one has me terrified

@Twiztidtragedy I just saw your tongue video and I did notice something...

you have a normal tongue and whatever your tongue is doing is completely normal. Mine does that to. Your forcing your tongue out and which is causing it to twitch like that. 

Bro dont look at the quiver. Look at the tip it will show a dimple like a invisible pencil is pushing it in. You have to watch closely. You will see the dimple cause it's not normal

@Twiztidtragedy I promise you there’s nothing wrong with your tongue and I feel like you trying to examine your tongue is making it 100x worse in your mind. I bet every time you pass a mirror you’re always checking your tongue? 

No I take out my phone and record the twitch. I have my wife check my tounge for me cause I know if I check it I'll have percieved b.s. so I have her check it fofor atrophy and listen to my speech and do neruo test and look down my throat test my gag reflex look for deviations etc.. I dont see how you dont see that dimple even my wife says it's not normal but she doesnt know wtf it is 

1 hour ago, Jremtx said:

@Twiztidtragedy I promise you there’s nothing wrong with your tongue and I feel like you trying to examine your tongue is making it 100x worse in your mind. I bet every time you pass a mirror you’re always checking your tongue? 

Yep, exactly. @Twiztidtragedy you're self testing, and that's one of the worst things you can do. You are not qualified to look for any signs/symptoms, and you aren't qualified to interpret them. No one here can diagnose anything either, video or not.

• Like 1

Not asking for a diagnosis. Was asking @Jremtx if his tounge twitching was similar. He said he had or has had tounge twitching and the same fear as me. Just trying to see if it was the same.

I'm going to give you some tough love.

You are self-testing and looking for every little sign in your body.  Despite that, none of what you describe suggests you have ALS.  You twitch in all sorts of places, and sometimes one place for a long period of time? So what? Your tongue twitches? So what? I experienced all of that when I was fearing ALS, as have others here.  You've been told by everyone here what you need to do --- seek therapy, stop self-testing, trust your drs.  There is nothing more we can tell you, until YOU decide to break the cycle of HA.

These forums are very helpful to seek advice.   However, for many, they can also be triggering and result in endless cycles of questioning, self-testing, comparing, etc.  So, in your case, I'm personally not interested in hearing any more of your symptoms, videos, or pictures, unless: (a) a doctor has diagnosed you with ALS (which won't happen), or (b) you experience actual failure (some part of your body actually stops functioning) (also highly unlikely I suspect).  Maybe others are kinder than I am, but I honestly feel that this is my way of being kind to you.

Good luck.    

• Like 2